News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: How are you using Repentia?  (Read 1458 times)

Offline Ollieb

• Ancient
  • I'm only here for the beer!
How are you using Repentia?
« on: March 13, 2013, 08:34:02 AM »
Finally decided to pick up a unit so I'd have every option in the SOB DEX.  Do you hold them back as a counter assault unit or march them forward letting the survivors do their job? 
Looking for a compliment here is like looking for a girlfriend in a cemetary.  You know you will probably not like what you dig up, but you'll take it anyway.

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
Re: How are you using Repentia?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 03:13:13 AM »
I usually take a Retributor squad and take a rhino for them. Then deploy the squad beside the rhino and put the repentia behind it then in the movement phase embark. Then if everthing goes okay, I usually get them across the board enough to disembark and charge. It works a good chunk of the time. However,if playing against a drop pod army, if you don't get 1st turn, make sure you make it hard for them to land to close. This is how I us them most of the time but still depends on senerio.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Ollieb

• Ancient
  • I'm only here for the beer!
Re: How are you using Repentia?
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 08:52:38 AM »
Makes sense.  At least in the .pdf Dex you can put them in a transport.  I do field HB Retributors but normally give them a TLMM Immolator.  I'll have to try the Rhino deal.  Was thinking I'd take the HF/F off a BSS give them a MM/M and use their Rhino as the transport. 
Looking for a compliment here is like looking for a girlfriend in a cemetary.  You know you will probably not like what you dig up, but you'll take it anyway.