News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Enter the engines.  (Read 1467 times)

Offline badlybuilt

• Armies: Sisters of Battle
Enter the engines.
« on: November 14, 2012, 12:04:46 AM »
I have heard very little about the use of pentinent engines ( probably for good reasons) since I have started playing the sisters army, and I have had a few in pieces for a long time now. Last week I  assembled them and brought them out for a couple of games now. They did very little in the way of damage , but definately did a great job in protecting my advancing troop squads. None of my opponents dared to get close to these models for fear of assault and flamers, which left my two troop squads untouched.

This has lead me to a possibly horrible idea.... running zero exorcists and using only retributor squads and pentinent engines for heavy support. I am aware that this will most likely cause me several headaches and easy victories for me opponent , but I am finding I am using the exorcists as a crutch.

So far I have come up with basic ideas for lists such as, dominion/seraphim push to add a distraction for them to advance, run 3+ troop squad as a rhino line and even putting 2-3 repentia squads on foot with them to create target priority issues for said opponent.

I can forsee total failure in using any list relying on pentinent engines as my heavy hitters, but I am still inclined to try it before disregarding it entirely.

I would love any suggestions and tactics that would aid in a positive outcome for these beauty models.
Quote from: Hymirl
Cross dressing space marines? Not a fan.