News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: "Fun" Radical Inquisition/Space Marines 1500 Point Army List  (Read 5262 times)

Offline Kyurize

• o.o
Re: "Fun" Radical Inquisition/Space Marines 1500 Point Army List
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2009, 07:46:04 PM »
you should read my comments about power first, a pf can instakill a dh, so you need to have more support, and a dreadnaught is not enough, you need more fast units (like assault units) to take advantage if the power you take is teleport or the more rang of assault one

Offline Hobo Eric

• "Abandon all hope, ye who enter here"
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2009, 12:26:07 AM »
If only Daemonhosts had T5!  I don't currently have any dedicated assault troops, except for a squad of Repentia I got a while ago, which the only use I can see is against other I1 units (Termies, etc.).  If I could also take a Vindicare, I have heard that they work well in shutting down Sergeants with power fists and the like and are good to use in combination with Hosts.  I guess I would have to include a Witchhunters Inquisitor and add a separate detachment, but maybe not.  Are there any especially good DH or SM assault troops that would be good for the job that you can recommend?

Offline Kyurize

• o.o
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2009, 05:30:33 AM »
Well i use the DCA and eversor assasins from dh codex, but you have all the elite spaces with the daemonhost. So in the space marine codex I think the best fast assaulting units would be the bike squadrons, assault/veteran jetpack marines and maybe assault terminators (in a land rider or something like that)
The first two can get to close combat easily and be aided by the daemonhost to make some good work.
And as a tip, dont deploy them near your army (the pinning power can sometimes go against you), usually deepstriking them dont work too well (maybe i dont use them well in ds). and most importantly you must use a chaplain to make fearless the squad that will aid the daemonhost, that helps a lot

hope it helps

Offline cannon1fodder

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2009, 11:33:19 PM »
Do you have any other Space Marine or Witch Hunter/Daemonhunter units you can use in your list? It would help to know what units you have so we can figure out the best setup for your army.

The problem I see with your anti-tank is that you have 2 tanks for your anti-tank, all your opponent's anti-tank will come crashing down both tanks. The predator is probably going to die first seeing as it's your only threatening form of long range anti-tank.

You can only shoot one lascannon while transporting your marines, if your want to use both you'd have to stand still, and that defeats the purpose of transporting your units. Even if you do seat your units on a objective your enemy probably have moved his transports onto your objectives by then.

Offline Hobo Eric

« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2009, 03:00:58 AM »
Unfortunately, I do no have that many Space Marine/DH/WH units, what I have now is 2 inquisitor/inquisitor lords, 2 of each henchmen, 2 dreadnoughts, a Land Raider, a Predator, 2 marine tac squads, 9 repentia sisters and a mistress, 1 master of the forge/techmarine, 1 vindicare assassin, 2 daemonhosts, and 1 sisters of battle squad + superior.  I am thinking of getting a squad of terminators but right now I think I can deal without them. 

Offline Kyurize

• o.o
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2009, 11:59:21 PM »
I think you could try a different approach to the army :
hq: use the master of the forge with a shotty inquisitor lord (psycannon + 3 hb servitor something like 150~ points)
ellite: use both dreadnaughts (I dont like them but you can find a way to use them to their best in your army), and the daemonhosts.
troops: use both tactical suads with a pf, melta + something in a rhino, (if they get in combat try to put them base to base to the powerfists-like units so the daemonhost can support them)
Heavy support: predator oriented in the long range support with the master and inquisitor (if you choose to use the iron clad dreadnaught, you can use the predator as anti infantry or in other case as anti-tank) 

with that you will have something like 1350 with the 150 points left you could try to convert your repentia into a weird-relictory assault squad or something (as they use chainswords) a five strong squad + upgrades cost less than 150 points

and dont deepstrike you dh, have them safe in cover until you get the teleport or assault power. its the best way to keep them safe and make surprise attacks

hope it helps

Offline Hobo Eric

« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2009, 12:11:09 AM »
Yeah I think this army is definitely gonna be shooting oriented, but the model I have for the Inquisitor lord does not have a gun :-(.  Also, I don't plan on deepstriking the Daemonhosts, the teleport homer is so they can get near the inq. lord and assault after that.  The tac squad sergeants with PF also is a good idea, gives the squad some CC potential.  Thanks for the input!

Offline Kyurize

• o.o
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2009, 12:36:57 AM »
Do you have the coteaz inq? i think you can chop the eagle and add a psycannon, my inquisitor is made with a wood elf hq so anything can be done with imagination.

hope it helps