News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: How could I have missed it!!!!  (Read 1303 times)

Offline Tobab816

• Chaos Warmaster, Promoter of Deathball!
How could I have missed it!!!!
« on: October 5, 2002, 07:52:19 PM »
For so long I have been focused on the fact that battlesisters have no long range heavy weapons....and I have overlooked something crucial.

I have been so stupid...so so so stupid!!! SO STUPID!!! >:( >:( >:( >:(

I was muttering about the lack of long range heavy weapons when I came down upon the BS3 redemptionsts...des peratly seeking to improve my long range firepower against an enemy Dark Eldar. I was thinking. Hey, if they can field heavy bolters I might have something that can at least dent their Raiders at 36". But when I read through it....to my amazement the redemtionists can not just have heavy bolters....BUT AUTOCANNONS!!!!!!

And was the Dark Eldar suprised when I fielded small squads of Redemtionists with autocannons/heavy bolters and Redemptor priests. Screened them with Sister squads...

AND DID THEY KICK ASS!!!!(the DE player was to say the least...suprised)

I finally have a weapon that can dent chimeras, Waveserpents and even Predators at long range!!! WOOOHOOOO!!

And not only that. With the redemptor priest they will never break. They can be pinned at most!!
Deathball, the new game of bloody basketball, 40k style!

+++Excerpt from Last Chaos/Space marine game, commentator: Inquisitor Khalheed "The Purgator" Qhor, Ex-Deathball player+++

Chaos vs Space Marine grudgematch today ended 23-19 when Brother Grazieel decimated the chaos team with a heavy bolter.

Afterwards the Chaos Coach Zhuriel the Damned stated "If we weren't ideologically in favor of cheating we'd complain about this""
+++End of transmission+++

Offline Archon Xanath

• RTFM
Re:How could I have missed it!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 6, 2002, 11:04:12 PM »
Congrats, you've stumbled across an old tactic used by many veterans on the battle-sisters Yahoo group.  :)

Don't get too attached to them, though.  Redemptionists are supposed to be frothing madmen at the forefront of the charge.  They might have their weapon options "edited" the next time a Sisters list is released by the Studio.

Your other long-range options are the Exorcist (use it carefully, take advantage of the move-and-fire), and a Sister Famulous and a squad of Hardened Veterans (BS 4) w/ a lascannon.

AX

Offline Tobab816

• Chaos Warmaster, Promoter of Deathball!
Re:How could I have missed it!!!!
« Reply #2 on: October 6, 2002, 11:13:55 PM »
I knew about the exorcist and the hardened veterans(and 1 group with a single big weapon plus the superupgunned superfragile Exorcist isn't enough). But I've always been so stuck in the image that Redemptionists were best used as big walls of flesh that I've never even considered them as suitable heavy weaponsquads.

That will teach me something about having a fixed image on the roles of some squads.
Deathball, the new game of bloody basketball, 40k style!

+++Excerpt from Last Chaos/Space marine game, commentator: Inquisitor Khalheed "The Purgator" Qhor, Ex-Deathball player+++

Chaos vs Space Marine grudgematch today ended 23-19 when Brother Grazieel decimated the chaos team with a heavy bolter.

Afterwards the Chaos Coach Zhuriel the Damned stated "If we weren't ideologically in favor of cheating we'd complain about this""
+++End of transmission+++