News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Sabbat Helms (and bretonnian bits?)  (Read 1001 times)

Offline 0b5idian

Sabbat Helms (and bretonnian bits?)
« on: June 9, 2008, 11:13:16 AM »
I've literally just brought a witch hunters codex, and the fluff has gotten me interested in taking a squad or two of battle sisters, but i prefer the 'sabbat' pattern helmets to the identical hairstyles/colours.

The question is, how many of these sort of heads can you get in the 10 model box set?

In case calling them 'sabbat' helmets in non-descriptive, or obscure:
http://uk.games-workshop.com/download/popup.htm?/witchhunters/getting-started/images/5.jpg

Also, has anyone had any positive conversion experiences using the full-face helms from the bretonnian knights errant, or any other bretonnian bits?

thanks
« Last Edit: June 9, 2008, 11:16:25 AM by 0b5idian »
Beware the Deadly Donkey
Falling Slowly From the Sky
You can Choose the Way You live my Friend
But Not the Way You Die.

Offline Jarkeler

Re: Sabbat Helms (and bretonnian bits?)
« Reply #1 on: June 9, 2008, 12:33:20 PM »
Eh... If I remember right, you get 5 or 6 of the helmet-less Sisters in the Battlesister squad box.

The question is, how many of these sort of heads can you get in the 10 model box set?

Not sure if you know, the Battlesister box doesn't come with sprues, as the Sisters are metal models.
Armies: Tau Vior'la Hunter Cadre, Necrons, Order of Our Martyred Lady (SoB), Dark Angels Deathwing

"Heretics crave the cleansing fire of absolution. They need not fear, for we shall deliver."

Offline 0b5idian

« Reply #2 on: June 9, 2008, 12:59:04 PM »
Nuts  :-\

Thanks for the heads-up though
Beware the Deadly Donkey
Falling Slowly From the Sky
You can Choose the Way You live my Friend
But Not the Way You Die.

Offline Wombats

« Reply #3 on: June 9, 2008, 09:34:41 PM »
I toyed around with Celestian squads all with helms...ended up just going squads of ten with unique models, helmets or not. 

About 1 in 3 have helmets. 

There's also a heavy weapons body with a helmet. 

Get on the GW online shop and type in sisters of battle, should show you everything. 

I don't think you can order helms alone, but you can minimize the non-helms, especially if you cherry pick the blisters in your local store. 

There is also a Sabbat pattern helm on the Immolator sprue. 
I ordered a few extra and head swap my Superiors with their stupid looking fleur de lis on their helms.  Works fine.  Take the head off with a jeweller's saw,  just be careful not to scrath the cloak collar. 
Thought begets Doubt : Doubt begets Heresy
(Heresy begets you sent to bed with no dinner)