News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: questions about WH  (Read 438 times)

Offline ravenklath

• Wych
  • For The Life Of Me I Cannot Forgive Thee
questions about WH
« on: September 26, 2007, 02:20:03 PM »
Well first off
Is the Cloak of St. Aspira limited to one per army as the codex does not say it is.
Secondly does is the Upgrade Sarissa any good to use it seems that it would have a good use if the Sisters get in CC

Also In my local play area no one really uses Armour they all foot slog and bring Land Raiders (the marine players any ways) ussually they run about 5-6 Plasma weapons so my mech sisters always get pinned is there any good advice to fight against this tactics it is really hard to fight against when you get pinned due to a plasma weapon penetrating your vehicle.
Also im having trouble against weapons that cause insta kill any advice would be appreciated i currently run in a 2000 point army
sister squads flamer heavy flamer combo with rhinos
seraphim squad eviscator and dual hand flamers
also
tooled out cannoness with blessed weapon and all
anywas help apprecaiated

Quote from: RabidNurgling
  Besides, every time they come out with a new metal model, I punch a kitten.
quote author=Eidolon  Your music sucks, youre obnoxious, this coming from a guy with gaga as his avatar.

Dark Eldar 5th ED Record 4-1-1

Offline Andro Ist Keine Schwedischen

• Da Biggest; His Fluffiness; Warboss
  • Lazerous Penguin
Re: questions about WH
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2007, 03:24:11 PM »
1/ You can take as many as you like.  Though consider that you can only have two Heroines in your army anyway...

2/ It's cheap and cheerful, but pretty worthless against enemies with a decent armour save.  Power Weapons are a better choice.

3/ Smoke Launchers and cover are your friends.

4/ Not alot you can do about that bar use Faith to give you good Inv Saves.

5/ The Flamer/Heavy Flamer combo is classic, but to be honest the cost of the Heavy Flamer will rarely pay off.  I'd prefer 2 regular Flamers instead and save a few points.

6/ Seraphim Squad is fine.

7/ Decent Canoness.

If you're going to be facing lots of Land Raiders, maybe you should take a unit of Retributors with 4 Multimeltas.  Or a couple of Exocists.  Or both.  That'll really discourage such things!

~Andromidius
aka. Boris the Bear

Offline The Void Dragon

• Nuclear Launch Detected
    • 111th Valenian Legionaries- I'm going to update, I promise!
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 09:21:02 PM »
Multi-meltas seconded. Any kind of melta weapon is a Land Raider's worst nightmare. For half the points, you can get a squad capable of effectively killing it if it gets within 12" to disembark troops.

Offline ravenklath

• Wych
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2007, 10:20:10 PM »
well today sucked for me in my match against dark angels in one round everyone one of my vehicles was destroyed/exploded by then end of the first round of his shooting (he went first and terrain was scarce)
and i messed up by not hiding my vehicles better the worse thing was moving his LR with Calidus assasin and he picked off a excorcist that i had moved him in LOS on

quote author=Eidolon  Your music sucks, youre obnoxious, this coming from a guy with gaga as his avatar.

Offline tegeus-Cromis

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2007, 04:05:35 AM »
Don't let terrain be scarce. If you think there isn't enough, tell your opponent that you want to add more; the BGB suggests ~25%. If you don't have enough, make more!

Also, all your vehicles should never get destroyed in a single turn. If you've deployed intelligently, even in the absence of terrain, the wrecks of the first couple Rhinos/Immos to go should block LoS to the others.

(Edited for typo.)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 02:53:10 PM by tegeus-Cromis »

Offline ravenklath

• Wych
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2007, 11:02:14 AM »
i didnt mean for them too i just wasnt thinking with all his infantry and lack of vehicles i deployed retarded but thats my own mistake im slowley learning things that i need to learn about the game im now at like 15games total so i have much to learn... I think i will try out retributors 1/2 HB 1/2 Multi-melta's as well as a HB Retiune for my regular Inquistor

Offline tegeus-Cromis

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2007, 02:58:41 PM »
If you're going the shooty retinue route, I'd suggest having a look at these two tactica on Bell of Lost Souls:

http://belloflostsouls.blogspot.com/2007/02/tactica-building-witch-hunters.html
http://belloflostsouls.blogspot.com/2007/02/tactica-art-of-taking-wounds-on.html

Those things can be harder to get rid of than one might think.

Offline ravenklath

• Wych
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2007, 07:40:54 PM »
well thanx for the Tactica i appreciate the help