News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: When will they come???  (Read 2239 times)

Offline Bloodhunter

When will they come???
« on: July 19, 2002, 06:05:09 PM »
I was wondering if anyone knows an aprox date for the release of the Sisters of Battle. I want to start an army but I cannot find models in my city... :'(

Those little women will rule the galaxy!!!

Offline RedTwo

• Conversion Exarch
  • Lazerous Penguin
Re:When will they come???
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2002, 06:39:07 PM »
To the best of my knowledge the only Sisters of Battles models that are available have been around since 2nd edition.  I've not heard of any plans for new models.

If your local retailers aren't carrying the models you may need to order them online.  I highly recommend http://www.thewarstore.net  They offer a 20% discount on Games Workshop merchandise and free shipping for orders over $50.00.  It's the best deal I've found anywhere.

Your local Games Workshop store should be able to order them, and you can get them through the Games Workshop online store.  However, The War Store really is the way to go.
Over specialization builds in weakness.

Offline Tobab816

• Chaos Warmaster, Promoter of Deathball!
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2002, 06:53:52 PM »
RedTwo: They ARE coming out with a new line of models....I mean, the last months every GW store I now have retracted their SoB models. There is rumours that the new models are coming out this fall, or winter.
Deathball, the new game of bloody basketball, 40k style!

+++Excerpt from Last Chaos/Space marine game, commentator: Inquisitor Khalheed "The Purgator" Qhor, Ex-Deathball player+++

Chaos vs Space Marine grudgematch today ended 23-19 when Brother Grazieel decimated the chaos team with a heavy bolter.

Afterwards the Chaos Coach Zhuriel the Damned stated "If we weren't ideologically in favor of cheating we'd complain about this""
+++End of transmission+++

Offline RedTwo

• Conversion Exarch
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2002, 10:05:46 PM »

RedTwo: They ARE coming out with a new line of models....I mean, the last months every GW store I now have retracted their SoB models. There is rumours that the new models are coming out this fall, or winter.

Ahhhh... that's very cool.  I'm surprised I haven't heard about it though  :-\  Thanks for the news.
Over specialization builds in weakness.

Offline Bloodhunter

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2002, 06:26:58 PM »
I really want to see new models for the Sisters, more different squads and new CODEX (what was its name? Ordo Xenos?) I think they could redone them an launch as they did with the Necrons (who was another minoritary played army before the new edition). I'm a little impatient, I want to see the new version NOW!!!! (please...).

Offline Hivemind

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2002, 11:24:06 AM »
That's great news Tobab816.  I've been waiting for some plastic sisters to come out so I could start collecting them.   :)
The Tyranids are the most rapidly evolving race in the galaxy.  They are super-predators destined to hunt all others to extinction.

Offline Tobab816

• Chaos Warmaster, Promoter of Deathball!
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2002, 03:25:00 PM »
I don't think there will be any new plastic models(except tanks) or perhaps regular battlesisters(but I even doubt that).
Deathball, the new game of bloody basketball, 40k style!

+++Excerpt from Last Chaos/Space marine game, commentator: Inquisitor Khalheed "The Purgator" Qhor, Ex-Deathball player+++

Chaos vs Space Marine grudgematch today ended 23-19 when Brother Grazieel decimated the chaos team with a heavy bolter.

Afterwards the Chaos Coach Zhuriel the Damned stated "If we weren't ideologically in favor of cheating we'd complain about this""
+++End of transmission+++

Offline True Emperor

• Behold The True Emperor of Man
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2002, 10:04:02 PM »
Actually they anounced tentativly that the would bring out the new update for SoB in the new Codex Hereticus due out late next year.  If there was anytime they were to put out new models it would be then.