News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 2nd try at a sisters army  (Read 437 times)

Offline Lokust

2nd try at a sisters army
« on: May 20, 2006, 09:41:12 PM »
I took the advice from some folks that responded to me the last time I posted an army here, as well as the advice of some former sisters players in my area, and came up with what I hope is a more solid list overall.  I was hoping you kind folks would be willing to pick this one apart.  I doubt I will see much love for the immolators in this list, but consider that I will be deploying them seperate from the squads that bought them, and using them as light tank hunting vehicles.  It's an 1850 point list as that is the standard around here.

HQ
Canoness - jump pack, cloak, mantle, book, master crafted eviscerator

TROOPS
10 battle sisters (melta, melta, vet w/ bolter) in rhino (smoke, extra armor)
10 battle sisters (melta, melta, vet w/ bolter) in rhino (smoke, extra armor)
10 battle sisters (flamer, flamer, vet w/ bolter) in rhino (smoke, extra armor)
10 battle sisters (flamer, flamer, vet w/ bolter) in rhino (smoke, extra armor)

ELITES
5 celestians (heavy bolter, storm bolter) w/ immolator (multi melta)

FAST ATTACK
8 seraphim (2 inferno pistols, vet with master crafted eviscerator)

HEAVY SUPPORT
exorcist
exorcist
6 retributors (4 heavy bolters, vet with bolter) with immolator (multi melta)

Comes to 68 models (8 vehicles, 60 power armored sisters).  The downside is that there are only 9 faith points, which is definitely low for 1850.  I know that the two immolators contribute to this, but I want the extra armor hunting.  I figure w/ 2 exorcists for long range anti armor, 2 immolators for mid range, 2 sisters squads with mela for close range, and the seraphim and canoness for up-close-and-personal, i have that angle covered pretty well...and 60 sisters should handle infantry... in theory. 

Please pick it apart.  :)

Offline Tynstar

• Wych
  • Suffer not the witch to live!
Re: 2nd try at a sisters army
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2006, 12:15:14 AM »
Everyone will sugest (and its good advice) get books in all your squads. Its a bargain.
ELITES
5 celestians (heavy bolter, storm bolter) w/ immolator (multi melta)
This squad is lacking. I know you plan to use the tank empty but one heavy bolter is pretty ehh. (4 in a ret squad is very nice). I would go with a heavy flamer/flamer comb, get a vss w/ evis and a book and make it drive by heavan. The vss will make a nasty suprise. Multi melta immos aren't the best. They work best for me with the heavy flamer option. You have sera for anti-tank as well as the exo's. And with 4 rhinos, you can hide the immos fairly well.

FAST ATTACK
8 seraphim (2 inferno pistols, vet with master crafted eviscerator)
I use one IP and 1 hand flamer in my squad (I usually run 2 sera squads). It gives nice flexibility as either a tank hunter and anti horde. Im not a big fan of evis on a sera VSS. I generally put eviserators in my celestian squads where holy hatred makes better use of them. For my Sera VSS I use power weapon/Brazier combo to get 3 base attacks and the one time flamer shot.

Good luk with your army and let us know how it works out. Always nice to see another Sister player :)

Offline Lokust

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2006, 12:43:16 AM »
Thanks!  I still have a ways to go with getting models purchased, but I should have a big chunk of overtime showing up on my next pay check so I'm hoping that will get me up to 1000-1200 points or maybe better.

Offline Black Sword

• Finish painting your last mini and you die...
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2006, 10:16:27 PM »
I would agree with all of Tynstar's points.  I would also change the Flamer/Flamer to Heavy Flamer/Flamer in your sister squads.  They are both Assault, and it's nice to have the extra beef. 

Books for everyone!!!  St. Lucius is your friend....  ;)

For the mechanized list, you might consider using a "Rhino wall" for at least two of these squads.  Have the Rhinos tail-to-tail with the sisters behind them.  On your turn run the rhinos forward, ending up tail-to-tail again, moving the sisters up behind them on foot.  It prevents them getting entangled and still gives you LOS protection.  I like doing that in the middle and runnig Immolaters up a flank since they always get to flame.  Immolaters are terrific, IMHO.  Flamer Immys, not Melta Immys.

HAVE FUN!!
Chapter Master,
Ordo Pacificus chapter,

40K Fight Club

Offline surfingspider

• Resist complacancy
    • Whitespace
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2006, 11:00:57 PM »
on a general note, heavy weapons for Celestians disadvantages their Holy Hatred. its an odd design choice the options they have. at least the HB is cheap. should talk about that on the 'change' thread.
b:h:w 36C-24-35

Harlequins, Tau, Sisters of Battle, Soviet Tankovy Bataljon, Soviet Strelkovy Bataljon, Waffen SS Panzerkompanie, German Imperialists, Polish Lithuanian Commomwealth, Moghul Indian - wait these are different games.. ah well.

Visual Listen: That Princess You Flatter: The Piass, Moi Dix Mois, Malice Mizer, David Bowie ;)