News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: (DH) Radical 1,5K List  (Read 794 times)

Offline Daionosis

• I'm going to the vatican
    • join the Dutch Navy!
(DH) Radical 1,5K List
« on: May 14, 2006, 04:42:49 PM »
I present to you my Radical Daemonhunter list. It's supposed to be rather balanced and capable of taking out whatever Medusa V is throwing at me. I'd like you to comment on it, and tell me if there's anything that needs changing, my local club is holding a contest on who can paint a whole army the best for Medusa V, and then being able to game with it too. Now, since my paycheck isn't all I could wish for, I have written this list prior to buying anything but five stormtroopers. That way I can buy what I need based on my own and your opinions.

On to the list:

Inquisitor Lord Christian
with Psycannon and cane (close combat weapon)
Retinue consisting of;
a warrior with plasma gun; a gun servitor with a plasma cannon; two sages; and an acolyte with power armour and bolter.

2 Daemonhosts
3 Deathcult assassins

10 Stormtroopers; 7 with hellguns; 2 with meltaguns; veteran sergeant with combi-melta and chainsword.
Rhino with extra armour and smoke launchers.
8 Stormtroopers; 5 with Hellguns; 2 with grenade launchers; veteran sergeant with stormbolter.
8 Stormtroopers; 6 with hellguns; 2 with plasma guns.
6 inducted Space marines; 4 with bolters; 1 with plasma gun; 1 with lascannon.
6 inducted Space marines; 4 with bolters; 1 with plasma gun; 1 with missile launcher.

10 inducted assault Marines; 7 with bolt pistol and chainsword; 2 with flamers; veteran sergeant with bolt pistol and Thunder Hammer.

inducted Dreadnought with assault cannon; dreadnought close combat weapon; stormbolter; extra armour.

this comes down to exactly 1500 points.

the inquisitor and the troop Marines hold my centre and the stormtroopers are my mobile fire bases. the stormtroopers in the rhino hunt tanks or heavy infantry, and the assault marines form the tip of my assault sword. The dread is there to give me an assault cannon and a S10 powerfist; While can also stay mobile, so I love him.
The Assassins infiltrate and keep firebases busy. The Daemonhosts deepstrike probably and they are just there to provide a nuance. They ought to get shot at; assault something and hopefully scare the amphetamine parrot out of my opponent; whilst he doesn't realise they actually don't do that much.

I have one extra question as I don't have the marine codex: can I get my marine sergeant terminator honours so he has those magic 4 standard attacks?

so; any thoughts?

Thanks in advance; cheers Dick
Pure Literature, as it's getting more interesting lately.

Offline Master Bio-Titan BT

• Armies: Chaos Marines and Tyranids
Re: (DH) Radical 1,5K List
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2006, 07:47:19 PM »
I like it, there is not much for me to say against it as I have a pure GK army and a Radical army with Relictors so my tactics are a bit different.

I suppose the only thing that I would suggest would be to equip your Dread w/ a TL-LC and ML and use him as long range AT as you don't have much.  I have found that Dreads do not make it to CC very often to serve purpose of a CC weapon.  However, if you field 2 Dreads, I would keep the same weaponry as you listed but w/ 2 Dreads, and maybe a ML and use both weapons (frag) as anti-infantry walkers instead.  Even with both of these 2 Dreads armament the assualt cannon and ML are effective against vehicles!

And as always, and from personal experiance, do not rely on your Daemonhosts for anything, they are great units, but do not depend on them as they are too random, mostly in a good way however.

2008 CSM Poster of the Year

My CSM Conversions & Tutorials (Updated 12-22-12) 

My Tyranid Conversions & Tutorials  (Updated 12-23-12)

Offline Findecano

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006, 04:21:02 PM »
not sure on the veteran sarge though. basically, he has 1 attack. give him terminator honours, and he can select from the armoury and get another attack. 2 attacks plus one attack for 2 one handed weapons. you can't give him honours again as you'd give him the same upgrade twice.
Armies: Sons of Malice, Inquisitorial Black Ship force, Salamanders, Raven Guard.

Offline Daionosis

• I'm going to the vatican
    • join the Dutch Navy!
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2006, 01:33:09 PM »
not sure on the veteran sarge though. basically, he has 1 attack. give him terminator honours, and he can select from the armoury and get another attack. 2 attacks plus one attack for 2 one handed weapons. you can't give him honours again as you'd give him the same upgrade twice.

I found the codex today, and after reading it I realised the concept of veteran sergeants has been ditched, and now a sergeant can only select stuff from the armoury when he takes the terminator honours option from the book. that, and I've realised a thunderhammer costs 30 points nowadays, instead of 25, so I think I'll ditch it for a powerfist.
With those ten spare points I was thining of either buying an extra ST, or finding another ten points; and getting a missile launcher on my Dread.

On a side note; after posting this list; I've decided to drop all the stormtroopers sergeants, and instead model a Stormtrooper Captain. He'll be an elite inquisitor with a combi-melta and a powerweapon, but as he has carpace armour and the same stats as an IG hero, he could well be modelled into a ST captain! How do you guys like that idea?

Cheers, Dick

EDIT; edited the list above  :)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 01:35:57 PM by Daionosis »
Pure Literature, as it's getting more interesting lately.

Offline Findecano

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2006, 03:39:36 PM »
yep, I use inquisitors as ST captains all the time. its fluffy, and gets you cool upgrades.
Armies: Sons of Malice, Inquisitorial Black Ship force, Salamanders, Raven Guard.