News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Possible 'Nid Codex  (Read 1030 times)

Offline Spinal_Tyrant

• I am Gir. Hear me roar.
Possible 'Nid Codex
« on: February 25, 2004, 01:05:37 AM »
Its not certain, but one of my contacts has eamiled me a newsletter which might be of intrest. The possibilty of a new codex in link with the release of the new rule book, new starter pack (with SM and 'Nids) and a possible new SM codex.

++++++++++

Well time for another newsletter.  Some of you may have been hearing rumours about a new edition of &#8220;Warhammer 40k&#8221; coming out in the near future.  WELL it&#8217;s true; I have been talking to GW and have been told some of the details.<O:P></O:P>

<O:P></O:P>

The core strategy in the revised rules is that all current codex&#8217;s and models will remain compatible with the new rules<O:P></O:P>
The rules will come out as a stand alone book - a normal and deluxe version (no details)<O:P></O:P>
The introductory boxed set will be based on "The Battle for Macragge"<O:P></O:P>
It will include (obviously) Marines and Tyranids<O:P></O:P>
All the box set figures can be assembled without glue in under 30
minutes (confirming the "starter" mini rumour)<O:P></O:P>
The terrain piece is the very nice crashed shuttle<O:P></O:P>
The rule set in the box set is smaller than the stand-alone product, without all the colour hobby pages.
 <O:P></O:P>

As noted this will have no effect on Armies and Codex&#8217;s already collected.  There will be a new Space Marine and Tyranid codex out in the 1st quarter of 2005.

+++++++++++

It's just a rumour and I'm not sure if it is actually true, but we can only hope :)

Cheers

-Spinal
Grotsknaw Eyejabber
Lead Caroler of the Christmas Goblins- Join the horde!!!!!