News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Extended Carapace  (Read 452 times)

Offline ozzfann0666

• Death is Overrated. Chaos is not.
    • My Dice Suck
Extended Carapace
« on: April 2, 2008, 10:24:51 PM »
Where am I supposed to put it on the figure? (particularly on genestealers and gaunts)

Offline Khira'lyth

• Archon
  • I *LOVE* EO and 40K.ca
Re: Extended Carapace
« Reply #1 on: April 2, 2008, 10:51:44 PM »
Generally above the shoulders.. these bits represent the extra plates designed to protect arm joints.

Khira'lyth

Offline wisdomtd

« Reply #2 on: April 6, 2008, 07:57:35 AM »
but if you can't fit it there or you think it is ugly i would place it on the already existing carapace that way it will have thinker armour or you just pay the points and dont put it on at all
wisdom [wdik]
just use you mind
and use the wisdom inside it

Offline Siege_TF

• Lazerous Penguin
  • *Slurp* I mean... *Sip*
« Reply #3 on: April 6, 2008, 05:33:10 PM »
Not too many people are sticklers with biomorph WYSIWYG, which is understandable considering the wide array of them availible. As long as your weapons are WYSIWYGed and you notify your opponent if you are putting something down with a biomorph that isn't represented on the model it should generally be fine.

At least for the smaller bugs... In non-tourneys.
Onager 
/ˈänəjər
/Noun
An animal of a race of the Asian wild ass (Equus hemionus onager) native to northern Iran.

In other words GW are calling Tau players wild asses for wanting a melee suit option.

Offline overmind2000

« Reply #4 on: April 6, 2008, 08:47:26 PM »
Most biomorphs are either internal or so similar to the existing shape of a nid that most opponenets cannot tell what they are when - most of the time a well written army list, codex and a statment as you put down each unit as to what it is armed with are fine. Most people don't know many upgrades past the armies that they play at - and be carefull with tournaments, if you want to know if you can get away with something don't just phone in and ask (you just get the stock answer of yes - someone once got that for scuttlers!) If you want take some photos (clear ones) of the models in question and state clearly the biomorph in an e-mail - hopfully they might read it through