News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: I have the bone, need help for flesh. 400 more points and where to spend it?  (Read 411 times)

Offline MaldeCaderas

• the uncureable
Allright now i have a job for a while so i will be able to gather some money together soon. And i am really willing to sacrifice myself for any experimental-unit uses such as gargoyles for my fellow brood-brethren which is you. I have a list on my mind, main purpose is being fast, with numbers, and annoying with diiferent unit combinations. I am going to keep it up to 1500, as we generally play here at this scale, but maybe in following time it will be 1750

The main theme is;

1 Hell tyrant (a.k.a Flyrant) with wings, 2xschytes, warp field and your advices here after on. about 180 pts

1 WormBag (a.k.a Dakkafex) with flesh hooks maybe about 114 pts

14 hormies pure and simple 140pts

14 more hormies pure and simple 140pts

12 gargoyles 144 pts

1 Sniperfex venom and barbed. I might consider other options but main purpose should be anti-armor. about 150 pts

2 Biovores (i will try them no matter what. For about 100 points you have a sitting-in-cover-holding-position-and-generally-ignored-possible-marine-armor-melters... Some of you may remember my obsessence with Smurfs) about 120

2 zoanthropes synapse and blast about 130

Which makes a total of about 1100 points giving me about 400 more.

With those i can go for 20 carapaced stealers.

or, 26 more hormies and 12 more gargies

or, another tyrant and a little bit more gaunts.

or, some warriors and raveners

or, 2 more fexes, one for armor and one more dakka-in this case i will have to kick either zoo's or boo's (heh heh i liked those names, i think i will stick to them)

or 2 more fexes both dakking, and some more points, possibly gaunts...or two raveners?

so you see... i have to spend those points very wise, as a matter of balancing synapse-speed-number and variety, while also keeping in mind armored things, and having some mc's

A lictor would be very fine for this theme, but points is... sink. if i get the other 250 more points in the future, i will most likely buy at least one lictor.

So, here we go, i need advice. The armies i will mostly play against are Marines, eldar, dark eldar and maybe tau. point cap is 1500. (and marine keeps drop podding darn dreadnaugt with assault cannon and heavy flamer. Also termies with more ass cannon. And 2 speeder with even more ass cannon. While eldar has a balanced list, including falcon, farseer (he is fond of pshycic powers) snipers... you know it... While dark eldar is a complete speed freak and is huge in numbers. Tau is vehicle based.)

Thanks in advance.

edit: deleted a few leftovers

« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 09:48:04 AM by MaldeCaderas »
smaller the hope, precious it is

Offline Benandorf

• Waaargh! Orkz Ruinz me Life!
  • Why so heretical?
    • Texas ...TeamPlayers...
You could benifit from some more synapse, so I would suggest getting a squad of 4-6 shooty warriors, and then maybe some termagants.  Overall, a good looking start to an army you got there.

Love you for giving biovores a chance (they are usually best with 3, but 2 can still be effective), and hate you for being able to get gargoyles =p
Quote from: Yuenglingdragon
When life gives you anything, charge it with Genestealers.
Alarm clock? Genestealers.
Your boss? Genestealers.
The rednecks that cut in front of me at Wal-mart like I didn't have anything better to do than stand in line? Genestealers.

Quote from: unknown
Asking for advice on using VC to beat O&G is like saying "I'm 6'3", work out, and consider myself pretty tough.  Can anyone give me advice on how to beat up the handicapped kid down the street?"

Offline MaldeCaderas

• the uncureable
But i wont have stealers then... And the remaining forces will have hard time chewing marine armor. Will 10 stealers be enough? No perhaps. Do shooty warriors harm marines sometimes? Did anyone try it?
smaller the hope, precious it is

Offline Benandorf

• Waaargh! Orkz Ruinz me Life!
  • Why so heretical?
    • Texas ...TeamPlayers...
Of course shooty warriors harm marines.  You can kill marines with AP3, and I do it all the time.  With lots of attacks from hormagaunts, and shooty from dakkafex and such, you will kill them.  10 genestealers would be a benifit, though, if you can fit them in there, just run them without upgrades, and hug cover.

10 will usually be enough, my normal 1500 list only has 10, and I've fairly sucessful with it.
Quote from: Yuenglingdragon
When life gives you anything, charge it with Genestealers.
Alarm clock? Genestealers.
Your boss? Genestealers.
The rednecks that cut in front of me at Wal-mart like I didn't have anything better to do than stand in line? Genestealers.

Quote from: unknown
Asking for advice on using VC to beat O&G is like saying "I'm 6'3", work out, and consider myself pretty tough.  Can anyone give me advice on how to beat up the handicapped kid down the street?"

Offline Siege_TF

• Lazerous Penguin
  • *Slurp* I mean... *Sip*
You don't have any single, cheap bugs. No Lictor and two Biovores is usually the opposite of what I do. I usually have a seperate Ravener and Lictor (or two of each or whatever) to present a 'should I waste a squad's shooting this now or ignore it and deal with a half dozen rending attacks later' dilemma. The rest of the points could be spent on scuttling 'Stealers or Warriors.
Onager 
/ˈänəjər
/Noun
An animal of a race of the Asian wild ass (Equus hemionus onager) native to northern Iran.

In other words GW are calling Tau players wild asses for wanting a melee suit option.