News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: The Cult Ascendant! - A Genestealer Cult log (updated 11/08/2016) - LIMO IS DONE  (Read 15093 times)

Offline Ambience 327

Re: The Cult Ascendant! - Genestealer Cult Army (updated 01/29/2014)
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2016, 03:17:41 PM »
have you seen the wargamesexclusive limo it's jawdropping and I kind of want one just to paint for my eventual INQ 28mm warband and maybe for my tempestus Commisar lord and retinue.

GENETIC CULT CIVIL LIMO ON ANTIGRAVS – Wargame Exclusive they do both armoured and unarmoured and a wheel kit as well, I think it's goddam beautiful and want one if I can ever justify it.

I've seen it, and it is grand, but the price tag (~$50 + international shipping for one) unfortunately puts it well out of reach for me at this point. A lot of this army came together as bits from stuff I already had, cheap Ebay purchases, and the kitbashes, toy upgrades and scratch-builds you see through the log.

I love seeing the cults it probably the ONLY nid army I would ever play, I love the idea of Crouching Cultist Hidden Stealer.

I want to convert a cultist inspired by the first Ciaphus Cain book, the Governer who assassinates the Tau Diplomat, full flowing robes, looking human but a claw just snaking out of the robes with a delicate pistol. It's one for my 54mm list methinks

Sounds like a lovely idea for a model. :)

Offline 42

• Cry havoc and let lose the dogs of war
Re: The Cult Ascendant! - Genestealer Cult Army (updated 01/29/2014)
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2016, 07:58:39 PM »
He's planned out as a sketch at the moment I'm just.. somewhat stressed about how to model him because I'd need someone with pompous formal wear that is somehow easy to have a small opening that's both subtle so players don't quickly notice that the guy is a genestealer hybrid and kill it on sight BUT where the opening is obvious enough when the bloodshed happens that it will work ok without players not working out who is the protagonist.

any suggestions?
How the Chimney-sweepers cry 
       Every blackning Church appalls,
       And the hapless Soldiers sigh
        Runs in blood down Palace walls

Offline Ambience 327

The Cult Ascendant! - Genestealer Cult Army (newly updated 10/02/2016)
« Reply #23 on: October 2, 2016, 11:36:47 PM »
When the info from the new Codex started popping up, I realized how easily I could modify my existing trucks to easily represent the new Goliath Truck.

Here you can see my efforts on the two Goliath trucks I've bashed out from my old Cult trucks - now geared up to represent proper Goliath Trucks. Sadly, the Goliath can't carry hunter-killer missiles, so I'm trying to decide if I should remove the "tube missile" launchers or just leave them in place and just treat them as part of the twin-linked autocannon profile.

Truck 1:

Truck 2

Here is the new progress on my Limo. My plan is to use it as another Goliath Truck, with the running boards and pop-top roof helping to represent the open-topped nature. (When the passengers shoot, I figure they just roll down all the windows and let loose, drive-by style!) The Limo is roughly the right footprint, but not quite tall enough to match the Goliath profile completely. (Though this is a double-edged sword as it's biggest guns - the twin-linked autocannons, are significantly lower than they would be on the Goliath.)

I think my favorite details on any of these are the hood ornament and "diplomatic flag" on the Limo. Note the tiny Genestealer Cult icons on the flag, one on each side.

Offline Ambience 327

I have put the finishing touches on my Genestealer Cult Goliath Trucks and my Limo (which counts-as a Goliath Truck). Here they are in all their glory:

The Motorcade

Limo

Truck #1

Truck #2