News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 2000 point one force org chart Tourney  (Read 1563 times)

Offline Warlord Argh

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
2000 point one force org chart Tourney
« on: February 18, 2014, 10:17:17 AM »
OK, I have access to everything but flyers in the regular codex.  No escalation/fortification (other than rule book units)/ and limited FW units allowed.

I wanted to try a BW rush army.  A bit tricky to use and have played two games so far with a similar but not identical list.  I beat a necron player and lost to a DE w elder allies.  mostly my bad taktiks in the loss.

OK
Troops - 12 Sluggas - Nob w/ bosspole and Big choppa in a trukk    127
Troops - 12 Sluggas - Nob w/ bosspole and Big choppa in a trukk    127
Troops - 18 Shootas - Nob w/ PK                                                  143
Troops - 20 Shootas - Nob w/ PK and bosspole                              160
Troops - 20 Shootas - Nob w/ PK and bosspole                              160
Troops - 5 meganobz w/ Cybork bodies                                         225

Elite - 7 Lootas                                                                            105

HQ - Mega Warboss w/ PK and bosspole - rides in a BW with the squad of 18 Shootas. 110
HQ - MAD DOC Grotsnik - rides in BW with Mega Nobz                    160

Heavy -
4 BW with deff rolla and a big shoota - one with RPJ - 465

FAST ATTACK
Three separate Green Barron Units - Buzz and Missles @ 70 each for 210.

so 1992 and I can use some suggestions.

thanks,

Warlord Argh
Black Talon Mercenaries

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
Re: 2000 point one force org chart Tourney
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 10:59:37 AM »
Looks like a good rolling thunder list. Fast and able to get in close where orks like to be.

This is the best ork forum on the whole WWW. I invite you to join the Way of The Waagh. Just go to THIS LINK
and post a reply that you would like to join.

A couple of suggestions to tweak the list a little.

For the slugga boys and their trucks; take the nob with a PK from the shoota boy squads and put them in the slugga boys, then add boarding planks to the trucks so you can kill armor without disembarking.

For the shoota boy squads make the nob with big shoota instead of a PK or BC (keep the boss pole). Upgrade a boy to big shoota, then upgrade the same boy to nob without kit swap and add the boss pole. Gives your shoota boy unit a bit more fire power and allows you the all important precision shot ability. Not that ork BS can be relied on for that, but occasionally it helps to "accidentally" take out their flamer or beast master  ;D 

The shoota boy nob is there to take the challenge so he dies instead of a large handfull of boys, and if you get your shoota boys into combat and didn't do the charging you might be playing them a bit off. The drive by shooting is such a hoot and to have three BWs of drive by boys sounds like a great time.

For the BWs, add rockits, sure they all have to snap fire, but it is not that much of a loss of BS because you move, and it does come in handy for shooting down the occasional flyer.

Now I like the green baron, but three seems a bit of a waste for a suicide unit. If you have the models drop two and add in a squadron of three rockit buggies instead. This will give you just a bit more twin link rockit goodness to blow stuff up with.

The mega nob unit with mad doc is a great combo, so keep that one. Maybe consider adding the warboss to that unit for some added killyness.

You have the right idea, practice and more practice, and maybe the tips I have added will assist you in fine tuning the list a little bit.

My two teef
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline Warlord Argh

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 11:11:10 PM »
OK after tweaking the list I switched the PKs added the BS and took 2 squads of 2 Rokkits each.  With that i wid not have enough to add RL to the BW.

two squads of 12 boys w/ Nob BP, PK on trukk w. BS and Planks 152 each
18 shootas - nob with BC and BS                         128
20 Shootas - nob with BC and BS and BP (X2) 145 each
5 MANZ w. cyborks 225
Mad Doc 160
Mega boss 110
7 lootas 105
1 Kopta w/ RL and PK 70
2 squads of 2 Rokkit buggies 70 each
4 BW with Deff rolla BS and one with RPJ 465

I will use both squads of buggies to screen sides/front of the BW for cover saves.

I hate not giving the Nobz something that can hurt a vehicle. nothing worse than 20 boys out there and having zero chance of hurting a Naught or tank in HtH.

Warlord Argh

Post Merge: February 19, 2014, 08:33:54 AM
In the future, please use the modify button. Double posting is against the forum rules, and for that reason, the system merged your posts.

Are the buggies solid enough? no saves and st4 kills them at 2 hull points?  That would be my only thought about using them.  two units of two to screen, if I just hid them and shot at armor/flyers, then maybe they will survive longer.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 08:33:54 AM by Warlord Argh »

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 02:44:20 PM »
Looks good, now to just get them all painted red  ;D

First to allay your concerns about using troops to kill vehicles, that is what the truck boys are for. The shoota boys are in BWs and should be shooting until such time as they get dismounted, then they still shoot and are used in combat only as a backup to the MaNs and or the truck boys.

Your MaNs all have PKs, and the truck boys do too. Use the truck boys to roll up next to those dreads and kill them without getting out of the truck, (and the dread cannot fight back either, see the FAQ) and you will soon see those death company dreads running away from your truck boys.

As for the three squads of shoota boys, well they have death rollas on their BWs. Dreads cannot death or glory, so ram away. Pretty good at taking out landraiders and monoliths too  :D

The rockit buggies are fast, and have a decent range. Since we are allowed to measure whenever we want, move them so that they are at oblique angles to their quarry. This way when they kill the rhino/chimmera then the dismounted enemy troops cannot get a bead on them. Sure the screen thing works too, and they are amazingly good at shooting down most flyers too. Keep them  as far out of range of combat troops as possible unless using them to block a path between terrain, and always move them every turn (did I mention they are fast?)

As for units being destroyed, remember you are playing orks. Everything in an ork army is expendable, get used to it. The more violent death they suffer, the more spores get spread, and the larger the next crop of orks.  8) Orks are not about being the hero, orks are about being the mob.

So go forth and krump your enemy, see them flee before you, and hear the lamentations of their players  ;)

Hope that helps.
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)

Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline Warlord Argh

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2014, 03:54:52 PM »
Hello - so some mini battle reports from the tourney.

first round was a against a FW ork list with big trakks and deff rollas.  They could not stand up to the AV14 front of the BW and I literally rolled over him.  one BW actually rammed two big trakks and destroyed both in one phase.  not much left of him by the end.  Some cybork slashas that were at the central point that were surrounded by my megas and the doc with boys and my warboss close. 

second game was against Ultra Marines.  a stand back force of snipers, thunder fire cannon - which I hate-, devastators, and a tac squad, vindicator, their big flying transport that laid down a command squad HQ and a Dred.  He dropped in a grav-gun squad and disabled two of my BW in turn one.  I charged his squad with the 40 guys inside and ate him.  Then he hovered his flyer and my Megas ate that, with my warboss charging each unit in succession to clear the corner. he had an immobilized dred with no ranged weapons and a wounded leader at the end.

The third battle was against Necrons. 3 flyers, 3 heavy barges, 2 units of 7 wraiths and a destroyer with shackles.  I blew this in tactics, generalship lost to ORK need for speed.  I went 18 inches in my 1st turn and got hammered by glances with his warriors.  lost mobility, but wiped his wraiths in HtH, minus the lords who voluntarily bolted when my S10 Boss came for them.  I lost this, but I will not lose again against the same force.  should have held back turn 1 and let him develop his strategy before committing and overextending.  I will eventually learn how to deal with mind shackles.  he took our Mad Doc wit them.  ideas on how to get around them?  can I refuse the challenge, thereby removing them for that turn. I would think my megas would fare well at killing the wraiths in insta kills without the Dok.

I will win the next one - I did take away best sportsman from the tourney... all the players were great and I did have fun roaring across at the enemies.  even when getting splatted by the Necrons. They just spread my spores!

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2014, 04:20:57 PM »
Sounds like a lot of good times. As for your last battle: Orks never lose! So, those fib telling necrons cannot be believed when they claim they may have beaten the orks  ;D

Congrats on the krumping of your enemy, now go forth and krump some more.