News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: World eaters 2000pt Army, Please comment.  (Read 998 times)

Offline $ick

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
World eaters 2000pt Army, Please comment.
« on: May 13, 2005, 11:41:06 AM »
HQ

Daemon Prince

Mark of Khorne
Daemonic Stature
Berserker Glaive
Daemon Armour
Feel No Pain
Collar of Khorne
Daemonic Strength
Daemonic Resilience

Bloodthirster

Troops

Khorne Berzerkers x 8 - Khornate Chain Axes
Aspiring Champion - Daemon Chains, Talisman of Burning Blood, Collar of Khorne, Feel no pain.

Aspiring Champion - Talisman of Burning Blood, Collar of Khorne, Power Fist, CCW

Aspiring Champion - Talisman of Burning Blood, Collar of Khorne, Power Fist, CCW

Bloodletters x 8

Heavy Support

Predator - Twin linked Lascannon, Lascannon Side Sponsons, Mutated Hull

Defiler

Defiler

This is a 2000pt Khorne army for general use, we have posted this list on other forums and we'd like to know what you guys think aswell. Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appriciated. Thanx.

Offline CD

• The Plagued Reaper
  • Ancient
  • :\
Re: World eaters 2000pt Army, Please comment.
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2005, 11:00:30 PM »
Daemon Prince

Mark of Khorne
Daemonic Stature
Berserker Glaive
Daemon Armour
Feel No Pain
Collar of Khorne
Daemonic Strength
Daemonic Resilience

Illegal. Everything besides the MoK that he has is Daemonic Wargear, which totals, what, 110 points? Drop the Glaive, Stature, Armour and perhaps even resilience and/or FnP, and give him Termie Armour, an Axe of Khorne, a CCW and Spiky Bits. He'll have the same number of attacks as the silly prince above, but he can get additional attacks, and he won't get eaten by most of the enemy's heavy weapon fire on the first two turns (that and he costs 19-39 points less, depending on dropping resilience and/or FnP). You don't need FnP or resilience when you're not getting shot at.

Your champs shouldn't have Collar of Khorne. Give them Daemonic Mutation instead. Also, why bother taking CCWs instead of Bolt Pistols? There's no disadvantage to taking a bolt pistol, but you've got the option to shoot if it happens to be the last turn of the game and you can't make a charge (and happened not to blood frenzy). It's like giving Lost and the Damned mutants firearms; it doesn't cost anything and there's no advantage to not taking it, so why not (no one's forcing you to shoot at all possible opportunities). Also drop FnP and Collar from the Host.

Two Defilers is way overkill. I suggest taking another Pred with Autocannon, 2 Lascannons and Daemonic Possession, or even a Dreadnought with TL Lascannon and Daemonic Possession. Oh, and drop Mutated Hull; Daemonic Possession is far superior.

Good luck with the list. It looks pretty.. conventional, but I hope you have fun with it anyway.

Offline $ick

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2005, 04:48:42 AM »
Ok, I'm so sure the Daemonic Prince is legal. Feel no Pain and Collar of Khorne do not count as daemonic gifts, that I am pretty sure on, unless anyone can show me otherwise. This means that: Daemonic Stature, Daemonic Armour, Daemonic Daemonic Strength, Daemonic Resiliance and hid Berzerker Glaive add up to 95 points. With his other wargear, mark and bass cost he comes to 180. Another reason for taking a Prince over the lord is the fact that he can eat tanks if he needs to, that was also the reason for not taking two predators.

The two reasons for giving the asp champs ccw and a power fist is because, one, they are easier to moddel like this and two, the're hardcore. We would have given them mutation, but ran out of points, maybe we could try and squeez it in. A Collar of Khorne on the Host is because there is nothing worse than loosing your nice shiny Daemon Host to a mind war.

Thanx for your suggestions. Ill probably change the Mutated hull and maybe tweek the champions a bit.

Offline CD

• The Plagued Reaper
  • Ancient
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2005, 11:11:55 AM »
Gifts of the Gods are Daemonic Gifts. The 4th edition FAQ shows this (it's in one of the sticky threads at the top of the page.. you know? Stickies? Those things you're supposed to have read?).

Taking a CCW and a Powerfist is no different in close combat than a BP and a Powerfist. you get an extra attack for having two single handed weapons, not two single handed CCWs. Taking a CCW is not a cheap way of getting Mutation. :P I can appreciate it from a modelling perspective though, as I play mostly for the modelling anyway. :)

Offline fallen angel

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2005, 06:22:56 AM »
thats an awesome army i have a 1200 point khorneate army what do u think i should get a bloodthirster or a deamon prince?

Offline Molotov Shadowhunter

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2005, 06:37:18 AM »
Fallen angel,
This was a dying thread, it's been 13 days since the last person posted on this thread.
Try not to post on anything more than a few days since the last post.
Check the forum rules if you are unsure about anything.

If you want to post an armylist, or ask for help, start your own thread up.

Just a bit of friendly advice, hope it helps  ;)
Molotov
« Last Edit: May 27, 2005, 06:42:41 AM by Molotov Shadowhunter »

Offline CD

• The Plagued Reaper
  • Ancient
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2005, 11:27:26 PM »
And more Fallen Angel...

Thanks Molotov, I'm glad that a few people have read the sticky threads.

Locked.