News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Can Chosen lead IC with diff.mark?  (Read 542 times)

Offline -=Abyss=-

• ~Holding Heaven in your Arms..~
Can Chosen lead IC with diff.mark?
« on: March 23, 2005, 04:24:53 AM »
Lets say a Khorne Daemon prince. Can he be lead by MoCu Chosen? I can't find it in the codex thanks!
Index Astartes Litanies Verse 1:13: TO ME MY BROTHERS!

Offline Hivemind

Re: Can Chosen lead IC with diff.mark?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2005, 07:52:18 AM »
The 'Ancient Enemies' section on pg 38 of the codex talks about the limitations on followers caused by the mark you give your army leader.  Quick answer is yes, an army led by a Khorne Prince can have units with MoCU, however I'm not sure that Chosen could be used to form a retinue for a DP with a different mark.  The codex says that members of a unit must have the same mark, or none at all.
The Tyranids are the most rapidly evolving race in the galaxy.  They are super-predators destined to hunt all others to extinction.

Offline elfatto

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2005, 08:39:28 AM »
I'm not sure about the other marks, but IC's with the mark of khorne can only join units with the MoK, and a character must have the MoK to join a unit with the MoK.  Page 47 of the chaos codex.  I guess that the other marks could join units that do not have their mark, given that it isn't khorne. 

Offline CD

• The Plagued Reaper
  • Ancient
  • :\
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2005, 08:21:22 PM »
P 38:

"An independant character with any mark except the Mark of Chaos Undivided may not join a unit with a different mark."

P 12:

"Members of a unit must all have the same Mark or none at all."

The second quote means you can't have a retinue. The first quote means that no IC who isn't undivided can join anything but their own kind. This even prevents marked ICs from joing undivided units, though they can still join unmarked units. And, as stated, models with Blood Frenzy can't be in units without Blood Frenzy, and vice versa. So no, you can't have a Khornate leader with an undivided retinue.