News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Abaddon  (Read 2219 times)

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
Abaddon
« on: March 5, 2019, 04:19:48 PM »
Abaddon has been revealed.

The model's customisability is certainly an improvement over the old design and offers a much needed update in terms of scale too.  That said, it somehow lacks, for me, the imposing nature of the original.  I can't seem to explain why, but something is definitely missing.  It's far from being a bad model, but I'm just not as impressed as I expected to be.

Does anyone else have any thoughts?
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
Re: Abaddon
« Reply #1 on: March 5, 2019, 05:21:13 PM »
As someone who has never played or really seen the old Abaddon model, I think Abaddon Redux looks amazing. I certainly like him much better than Gulliman. I agree with the customization you can do on Abaddon. I really like that players can now have a choice to align themselves with whatever version that fits the Abaddon they imagine.

Whereas I would pass on Gulliman, Magnus, and Motarion; Abaddon is a model that I'd definitely consider picking up if I were ever to build a Chaos Space Marine force. Which may happen... sometime :P.
JohnMaloneBooks website - Blog #3 - From Novella to Novel

- 5/5 Reader's Favorite Review!

A Sanctum of Swords: Embers Edition is coming soon w/ audiobook!

Offline Wyddr

• Author Eminence: Hereticus Liber Daemonica | Fio'shas Shi
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • My blog about SF/F stuff
  • Armies: Daemons, Imperial Fists, Tau, Ksons, Vostroyans
« Reply #2 on: March 5, 2019, 05:23:02 PM »
This model is insanely good. Irisado is out of his mind.

Almost makes me want to play Black Legion.

Almost.

Offline Blazinghand

• Warlock | Master of the Ravenwing
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Die for the Emperor or die trying!
  • Armies: Eldar, Orks
« Reply #3 on: March 5, 2019, 06:00:08 PM »
I think the pose is less menacing and the claw somehow seems smaller relative to abaddon, but the claw, the spikes, and the sword all seem much more menacing now. It has a lot of character. The head options and cloak look pretty cool. I don't play CSM but if I did I'd pick this one up.
Quote from: Howard Zinn
There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people.

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #4 on: March 5, 2019, 11:38:02 PM »
I'm kind of with Irisado on this one. Its too clean, the marine on the ground looks like it been there for ages, loose belt feed on the bolters looks well, cumbersome. I'm sure there will be some great stuff coming from the community, but yeah not blown away by it...

I don't think the paint style on the sword fits it either.

« Last Edit: March 5, 2019, 11:39:44 PM by magenb »

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #5 on: March 6, 2019, 09:41:56 AM »
I agree with everyone. That is, I like the new model and think it looks cool, but I also think that it is missing something. I actually think it looks too noble and the sword looks Eldarish (apart from the little face).
Quote from: Starrakatt
"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"
Quote from: Cavalier
Honestly Alienscar, we get it... you dont like painting!

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #6 on: March 6, 2019, 10:02:43 PM »
I wish he had a helmet bit. The pony tail looks to make him not be able to hold his head back to look up. The pose does look to regal, like "look at me! I'm so pretty". I do like it tho but I play Nightlords and he just won't fit for me. I might get him and change him to a bat winged helmet, hmm? Remove the sword and add a plasma pistol, possibilities. Love the claw.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2019, 03:20:12 PM »
Such an amazing looking model. One of the best GW has released in a long while. I cannot wait to see it in person.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Lullysing, Appreciator of the glory of chaos.

• Meet Rager, Close combat robo-monster of doom.
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2019, 06:29:47 AM »
Much better looking than the 15+y old model , that's for sure.

I would build it without that ridiculous trophy rack tho. There's limits to how much bling i give, and that is just plain too much, Bigbossman or not.

High powered weapons are so sensorily overwhelming that they are similar to psychoactive drugs. Like LSD, which can convince people they can fly--weapons can make people overconfident. Skewing their tactical judgement.--Ng security
---
Lullysing : yo dude, you there?
[Screwhead] says: yo, just woke up
Lullysing : A car hit my bike, while i was on it.  I don't even have a scratch. Think i should grab a lotto ticket?
[Screwhead] says: Damn! FNP ftw!