News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Old Models  (Read 1760 times)

Offline Neo-Buzzard

• I tire of these games....
  • Armies: Deathguard w/ Demons, & Space Wolves w/ Skitarri
Old Models
« on: September 11, 2017, 09:24:12 PM »
So maybe this isn't the correct place for this post, but I wanted to find out from other players how they feel about it. I've been playing death guard for 10 years now and I've always used a mix of kit bashed normal CSM and possessed as plague marines with no issue. With the release of the new models and how big they are, is it time for me to repurchase 40+ plague marines?

« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 09:31:10 PM by Neo-Buzzard »
Quote - YuenglingDragon:  Kharn is an unholy ass-kicker.  Makes perfect sense to me.  Blood for the Blood God and anti-grav engines for his awesome flying throne.

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
Re: Old Models
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 10:08:28 PM »
There is nothing requiring you to purchase new models just because they have been updated.  I know a guy that came back to the hobby after not playing since Rogue Trader (into 6th edition) and he brought out his RT era marines.

Completely legit to play.
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Orks, Chaos Space Marines, Eldar, Dark Eldar
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2017, 10:50:13 PM »
Stick with your classics for sure. I'd maybe think of adding some of the new models to sprinkle them in as champions would work well or save your money and focus on adding new units that you don't already have.

Offline Neo-Buzzard

• I tire of these games....
  • Armies: Deathguard w/ Demons, & Space Wolves w/ Skitarri
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2017, 12:13:47 AM »
Awesome. I might buy some shoulder bits from pop goes the monkey and greenstuff them to look a little more nurgle-y. Guess i should do the same with my termies since normal termies aren't in the new book too.
Quote - YuenglingDragon:  Kharn is an unholy ass-kicker.  Makes perfect sense to me.  Blood for the Blood God and anti-grav engines for his awesome flying throne.