News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1500pt Black Legion  (Read 1493 times)

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
1500pt Black Legion
« on: May 16, 2016, 12:14:02 PM »
Working on my Black Legion army. Cannot decide on what Lord to use. Rest of the list is as follows. (Combined Arms Detachment)

Elites

Terminators  148
MoS, x3 terminators, x3 combi-meltas, x1 chainfist, x1 lightning claw

Helbrute (bolter+Multi-melta 105

Troops

Chosen 175
x5, x3 flamers, MoS, Champ w/powersword
Rhino

Chaos Marines 140
x5, MoS, Champ w/ lightning claw
Rhino

Noise Marines 174
x5, x3 sonic blasters, x1 blast master
Rhino

Noise Marines 177
x5, x3 sonic blasters, x1 blast master, champion has combi-bolter
Rhino

Heavy Support

Havocs 135
x5, MoS, X3 missile lanchers

Obliterators 148
x2, MoS

Obliterators 148
x2, MoS

For HQ's, I have two options.

Lord with Sigil of Corruption, Spineshiver Blade, Gift of Mutation and Mark of Slaanesh

or

Chaos Lord, Terminator Armour, Combi-melta, chainfist, Mark of Slaanesh

Both are about the same cost.

Power Armour Lord, can dish out more hurt and would ride in with the chosen, or chaos marines. Terminator Lord can help threaten vehicles and walkers and has AP2 in melee. He can also deepstrike, with either the terminators, obliterators or on his own. Both cost the same.

Any ideas on which I should take?
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Wyddr

• Author Eminence: Hereticus Liber Daemonica | Fio'shas Shi
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • My blog about SF/F stuff
  • Armies: Daemons, Imperial Fists, Tau, Ksons, Vostroyans
Re: 1500pt Black Legion
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2016, 12:33:17 PM »
I'd lean towards the Terminator Lord. A Chaos Lord in a Rhino wants to assault, and the damned Rhino makes assaulting very awkward. The Termie Lord can land and lend some firepower and can even tank for the squad (to a limited extent). Then he adds some serious assault punch to the Terminators who actually *intend* to assault things.

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
Re: 1500pt Black Legion
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2016, 07:53:17 AM »
I played a game with the Terminator Lord. He worked pretty well for his cost. Played against Deathwing, so it was not ideal for him. He did manage to kill some terminators though before he was clobbered by S8 hits lol. The 2+ save and AP2 weapon was very useful.

The rest of the army I was very pleased with. He had a ravenwing detachment (bikes and landspeeder) and I was able to shoot them all away before his second turn, so he had no benefit from them. BlastMasters were worth their weight in gold. The flamer squad also made their presence felt, getting in three good flames before they were charged and wiped out.

I'll see how they do at a tournament on the 28th.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria