News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: LATD: Slannesh or Khorne?  (Read 715 times)

Offline BossMan

• Fedoras FTW!
LATD: Slannesh or Khorne?
« on: December 2, 2006, 06:46:01 AM »
i know that with the ancient enemies rules i cant take slannesh and khorne in the same army and alot of people are telling me that i should take hq aspiring Champs all equipped the same way.  i was wondering if anyone had any input as to what mark i should take?  i like the khorne mark with demonic mutation and a weapon for max attacks, but at the same time i really like the mark of slannesh that gives me the 5 initiative and the access to my favorite piece of wargear, Combat Drugs!  any input would be nice
2000 pts. Crimson Fists
2000 pts. Iron Hands
1500 pts. and growing, Lost and the Damned
1000 pts. and growing Oks
*New Lost and the Damned Army*
1/0/0

Offline Invidious

• Lazerous Penguin
Re: LATD: Slannesh or Khorne?
« Reply #1 on: December 2, 2006, 02:19:40 PM »
I guess I find undivided the most useful.  MoK on the champions is more useful than MoS though, especailly if you end up giving them a powerfist, which is always a good idea.  But... it shouldn't really matter.  LatD aren't as restricted as normal chaos armies when it comes to ancient enemies.   
The thing I hate the most about 40K is people who amass the largest possible quantities of their Codex's most powerful unit and then proceed to call it "theme".

Offline Mr.Peanut (Turtleproof)

• Ride Like Lightning, Crash Like Thunder | Infinity Circuit | Pork Sword of Mod-Justice | Took the basket, nuts and lol | Good grief, ye hennie pennies
  • Ancient
  • Turtleposting At The Speed Of SHift
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Sigmarines, Chaos, Demons
« Reply #2 on: December 3, 2006, 09:57:02 AM »
I'd go for Mark Of Khorne.  If you're putting a Champion in with Mutants, they can't Infiltrate or use Move Through Cover, so you're not losing much other than points by putting him in Terminator Armor.  Having such a devastating CC monster in that very slow squad will freak out most opponents into shooting that squad.
You are
What you do
When it counts
     -The Masao
"Getting what you want can be dangerous.

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #3 on: December 3, 2006, 11:31:54 AM »
Combat drugs are too dangerous for a one wound model. GO with the Mark of Khrone for killiness, high initiative is not as much of a concern when you are surrounded by a wall of mutants.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria