News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Special Operations Roleplay 6/6  (Read 26655 times)

Offline Gunner1116

Special Operations Roleplay 6/6
« on: March 25, 2011, 12:33:19 AM »
Hello, I will use this both for characters and for gameplay. As soon as 6 people join up we can start. To add the aspect of chance whenever you are attempting something choose a number between 1-10 and leave it near your action. (This is the way I have roleplayed in the past with no dice, so, don't ask, it works.) The game takes place in the near future, North Korea has rapidly gained military strength, and is threatening the saftey of the NATO countries. Nobody knows when or where they'll strike. You, are part of an Unnamed Special Operations Group or USOG. Your are in USOG-1 the first to hit the ground when something needs done silently. If somebody wants to take over the leadership of the squad that is fine, otherwise I will choose somebody to lead. Squad leader is 1-1, second is 1-2 and so one. Ask any questions you want to.

Prolouge:
"Ladies and Gentlemen, I am gonna cut right through the amphetamine parrot and hit the facts. North Korea has been gaining military strength for a while now, and NATO has decided to bring its best together to stop them from doing anything dangerous. Your mission is to infiltrate a North Korean outpost near the border of North and South Korea, and assassinate a General overseeing the mass recruitment of mercenaries there. Support will be limited as usual. Good luck and that is all."

The characters step into an armory and where a man in a unmarked uniform waits. "Alright, intel says that the outpost is surrounded by jungle and you will drop in near a river just south of the outpost. There are 4 towers on the 4 corners of the outpost as well as a main central building made out of concrete. Surrounding the concrete building are several other buildings that look like  mess halls or bunkhouses. We think the General will be underneath the camp in one of several underground rooms. Find a way in and kill him. Any questions?" (There is almost any weapon imaginable in the armory.  There is also all kinds of equipment and gear. Mods for weapons are allowed, but most will have no effect on gameplay. Silencers will.)

Name:
Nationality:
Branch of Service+Rank:
Character background:

Weapons
Primary:
Secondary:
Other:
Explosives:

Gear:
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 08:44:31 AM by Gunner1116 »
"Don't take life too seriously, you'll never make it out alive."

Offline The Nightwalker

• Ork Boy
  • Just Passing Through
  • Armies: Deffskullz
Re: Special Operations Roleplay 0/6
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 10:18:07 AM »
Why not ill play. This could be fun

Codename: "Okie"
Nationality: American
Branch of Service: U.S. Army
An okie, thus his name. He is an excellent marksman, graduating from both DMS and Army Sniper School. He doesn't talk a lot, it simply robs you of words later. He also will not reveal details about his past, the past is the past and you should focus on now. He was recently approached by military intelligence, and has been reassigned to work as a spook. They even sent him to train with mussad in Israel. Where they taught him advanced knife techniques, and to carry out political assassinations.

Primary: Custom M21, classified scope design, Integrated suppressor, bi-pod.
Secondary: Les baer H.C. .40 1911, attachable suppressor.
Other: Tanto Boot knife, and stiletto under sleeve.
Explosives: Claymore, two M67s, 1/4 pound of C4. (The frags go on the outside of my backpack, the rest inside)

Gear: Leather coated Dragonskin vest with sniper shoulder, Chest holster, Ghillie suit, Boonie hat, Coil of rope, Small Black Leather backpack (Tomb raider style ;)), 10 magazines of .308 ammo, 6 high capacity magazines of .40S&W Winchester PDX1, Black leather clothing, Assorted strings and cords. (Leather makes almost no sound when rubbed against foliage)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 09:05:40 AM by The Nightwalker »

Offline ranger_scout

• For the Emperor and the Imperium!
Re: Special Operations Roleplay 1/6
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 10:53:32 PM »
Pinnacle of tacticool :D

Name:  Matthew Robinson 
Nationality:  British
Branch of Service+Rank:  SAS Lance Corporal
Character background:  Was a regular force Special air service for 10 years before he got this call to service.  His previous records include tours in Afghanistan and Iraq, VIP protection and many other operations not even including the constant training.  Highly trained in all aspects of warfare form air insertion, anti terrorism, hand to hand combat, VIP protection, Long range intervention, leadership, behind enemy line operations, advanced communications and advance weapons training on most types of weapons friendly or foe’s he is the go to guy of the unit for many aspect in operation and training.  He is the leader of a section of elite soldier and feels he can lead any one into battle once he know them and their capabilities.  (I am volunteering for leader  :o)

Weapons:
Primary: M4 Carbine Specs:  10.5” Heavy barrel, Magpual AFH hand grip, troy flip up rear iron sights, Magpual ACS buttock with storage space for cleaning kit. Optics is a Trijicon Acog x4 zoom and finally threads for an attachable silencer.  The weapon is left stock black no camo

Secondary: Browning high power with tritium sights to allow for shooting in dark conditions.

Other:  Magazine vest in black with 13 P mags (M4 magazines), 4 pistol mags, Tilly hat black he is not a fan of helmets and now he is doing work outside his unit he has no standards to apply.  Aviators black with reflective lenses and case.  Uniform is a black cargo pants, and a black tunic with a black undershirt.  He has a Union jack in green on his left shoulder and a personal emblem on his right mid bi-cep.  He has back combat boots.  His equipment has his name on it but all removable with Velcro.  He also caries: a lighter pocketknife left pocket, small penknife with handcuff key in left boot, back gloves with lots of grip, a K bar knife that attaches on the left hand shoulder of the vest. a radio set to silent ring that attaches into his ear and mounts onto his vest, a wallet with money form what ever country he is deployed to but no ID.  He wears no tags to protect his family when he is on missions as well as the old units policies.

Explosives:  2 M67 frag grenades. 1 claymore sprayed black and attached to the back of his vest near his left hip.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 10:56:17 PM by ranger_scout »

Offline Gunner1116

Re: Special Operations Roleplay 2/6
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 03:23:29 PM »
Hopefully we can get some more people to join up!

The man in the unmarked uniform laughs a little to himself before saying, "Well, if you don't care how your going to get out of there, then we might as well not worry about extracting you!" after finishing his laugh, his face turns serious, "When you have completed your mission you will head to a small hill to the east of the fort. Don't worry, it will be identifiable by the small house on top of it. We will have vehicles waiting there for you. (The mission will end when you get to this point and drive off) Three fourwheelers. One man drives one man shoots if there is the need. I also think you want to know what we can do for you if amphetamine parrot hits the fan. We have 1 helicopter that will be able to offer you fire support and a small 4 man team inside incase several of you are wounded. We would prefer it though if no of you got hit."

Offline The Nightwalker

• Ork Boy
  • Just Passing Through
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2011, 04:50:25 PM »
"Nice to know, ill try not to." Okie says locating his custom equipment in the room and fitting it all on his person, he always packed light. Holstering his sidearm with the suppressor fastened to it snuggly on his chest, and checking to be sure all his magazines were fully loaded with his hand loaded ammo he glanced around to see if the armoury had anything he could use.

Offline SwampyTurtle

• Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • "Death is no respite from War"
    • Behind the lines gaming blog
  • Armies: Tau (Jar'kai Sept);Tanith 1st;Phantine Skyborne IG
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2011, 08:13:42 PM »
Name: John Allen Jr
Branch of Service+Rank: Delta Force, Staff Sergeant
Character background: Born In the Mobile AL, John Allen joined the army straight out of High School due to a sense of duty for his country installed in him by his father whom was a SOG operator in Vietnam. Rising quickly through the ranks to E-6 in the army, he was selected to join the US Delta force sometime during the early 1980s. Serving in both Desert storm (where he hunted Squds) and Iraqi Freedom (Doing secret undercover work  :o ) Allen has gained plenty of experence of his time in the military. Know as "Junior" by his old Squadron back at Fort Bragg for his very southern accent. In fact some people have mistaken his southern accent for stupidy and think him slow. However, this is often a facade and plays to his advantage in certain past cases. Although He has been trained in the art of sniping he prefers to be a door kicker and hence usually carrys the squads CQB weapons. Now passed on to this USOG, Allen is ready to do what he must to protect Freedom world wide.

Weapons
Primary: Hk-416 with M203 and silencer and acrog sight
Secondary: H&K Sig P226
Explosives: Shaped charges (for blowing doors down), 3 claymores, 4 frag grenades, 6 m203 rounds
Other:  k-bar knife

Gear: X6 Clips of HK-416 ammo, x5 clips of Sig P226 ammo.  4 Frags, 6 m203 rounds, shaped charges, Rations, water canteens, black combat faitgues with a black head bandana.  Rucksack, a radio set to silent ring that attaches into his ear and mounts onto his vest,  military harness for holding clips and ammo. black combat boots. Flares, and a K-bar knife.

*Little history behind my characters inspiration. I am a History major in College with a focus in military history and a native born Alabamian. Pride in my state and the men and women whom have served. SOG is one of my favorite units of all time and this RP sounded like the perfect way to have some fun.

www.taskforceomegainc.org/k369.html

Record:                                    W/L/D
Jar'kia Sept:                                  5/6/3
Tanith 1st:                                    2/0/2

my blog:  Behind the Lines gaming

Offline Gunner1116

Re: Special Operations Roleplay 3/6
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2011, 08:56:04 PM »
The Armory is filled with tons of weapons and other tools of war. You can see besides the weapons and explosives several sets of nightvision/thermal goggles and they are the only real things that would further benefit the team.

Offline The Nightwalker

• Ork Boy
  • Just Passing Through
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2011, 09:11:24 PM »
[OOC] I like your character, just two questions about your weapon. Why do you have an ACOG for CQB, and why would you have it with an M203? ACOG are mainly for range finding, and M203s severly reduce long range accuracy. Don't take me as being rude, just thought I'd help. [/OOC]

Okie picks up a small nightvision device that fits over one eye on the bill of his boonie hat, he also noticed a pile of sunglasses and retrieved a pair of oackley half jackets.

Offline POD DROPPA-Drop Pods are down but not out!!

• FIRST TO STRIKE FIRST TO WIN
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2011, 09:18:57 PM »
Name: Johnson Roberts AKA "Magnum" Age. 22
Nationality: AMERICA!!
Branch + Rnak: Green Beraue special forces, Coporal

Character Backround: Originates from Virginia Beach, VA and 23rd birthda coming up in a few days. Both his grandfathers served in the military and they often told him old war stories, which later inspired him to join the army to fashion stories of his own that he could tell his own kids. But he was a smart man and went to college first and was excepted into the prestegious military academy VMI (virginia military institute). So naturally he went into the military as an officer. He was tough man and decided to test his strength and willpower by joing the army special forces, the Green Beraue. Now this is his first mission as a green beraue.

Weapon
Primary: Squad Auto-matic Weapon (SAW) W/Silencer, improved grips and FMJ rounds and x2 ammo drums
Secondary: Compound Crossbow W/ infra-red scope and x25 bolts and x15 explosive bolts
Sidearm: 44.Magnum W/ speed reloader improved sights and x3 clips
Other: Ballistic Knife with x4 knife blades, and a butterfly knife
Explosives: 3 Flashbangs, and 3 smoke grenades

Gear: 3 ration packs, water canteen, 4 signal flares, first aid kit, binnaculars W/ infra red function, compass, watch, military grade climing gear, jungle camo fatigues and light flak armour, military grade helmet also W/ camo, a small rucksack, a comm-link that fits in ear, a military vest that provides easy acess to ammo and other gear, a box of matches, a pack of smokes, and a small easily hidden flask.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 09:20:27 PM by POD DROPPA-Drop Pods are down but not out!! »

Offline SwampyTurtle

• Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2011, 09:30:51 PM »
[OOC] I like your character, just two questions about your weapon. Why do you have an ACOG for CQB, and why would you have it with an M203? ACOG are mainly for range finding, and M203s severly reduce long range accuracy. Don't take me as being rude, just thought I'd help. [/OOC]

Okie picks up a small nightvision device that fits over one eye on the bill of his boonie hat, he also noticed a pile of sunglasses and retrieved a pair of oackley half jackets.

[OOC] The ACOG and the M203 can be taken off the gun at will. For the Hk-416 a Acog is usally standard on it. While the M203 is not, it can be modified to be so. I figure that my character would only use the 203 in a "oh amphetamine parrot amphetamine parrot amphetamine parrot" type of situation, say if we were about to be over run or enemy waves started chasing us. I also may have a love of the Hk-416 with Acog and 203 combo. Its one of my favorites, no matter how "realistic" it is. I think for starters however, the 203 will be off in the rucksack and come out in times of need (if the team wishes)  [OOC]

Junior follows Okie and Picks up the second pair of NVG off the table. Smiling to himself, he starts eyeing his other team mates. The one called Okie looked solid and well averse in the ways of special operations. Junior had also trained with the SAS before so the Cpl that was just entering the room looked solid too. Preharps they would be able to pull this off. Then frowning to himself he thought, but if we screw the pouch we are amphetamine parrot out of luck, deniablity is the name of the game, and its one we accept fully when we joined up..... then deciding he wanted to think postive he headed over to the other american and held out his hand, and with a strong southern accent spoke "Sergeant Major, Pleasure to meet you, Im Staff Sergeant John Allen Jr, US Delta but everyone calls me Junior or JR for short"

Offline The Nightwalker

• Ork Boy
  • Just Passing Through
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2011, 09:56:30 PM »
[OOC] Sorry no offense intended, I just like to help people when it comes to firearms. :D [/OOC]

Speaking in a distinct Okie accent he took the mans hand in a firm hand shake and looked him in the eye.Please to meet you, you can call me "Okie." Im with logistics He says the last part with a wink, knowing any non-com with DELTA will know what he means.

Glancing around he eyed the young guy, only a corporal so he must be somewhat fairly new especially to this game. He also carried a revolver thats rare on the modern battlefield, then again he had used .22s with Mussad. Either way he looked dependable.

Offline SwampyTurtle

• Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2011, 10:18:33 PM »
[OOC] Sorry no offense intended, I just like to help people when it comes to firearms. :D [/OOC]

Speaking in a distinct Okie accent he took the mans hand in a firm hand shake and looked him in the eye.Please to meet you, you can call me "Okie." Im with logistics He says the last part with a wink, knowing any non-com with DELTA will know what he means.

Glancing around he eyed the young guy, only a corporal so he must be somewhat fairly new especially to this game. He also carried a revolver thats rare on the modern battlefield, then again he had used .22s with Mussad. Either way he looked dependable.

[OOC] Im sorry if i came off as offended  :-[  I was just explaining each part of the load out on the gun itself. I appericate your help though  :D It did open my eyes to the idea that the 203 would be better off in the rucksack for now. If the team wishes i can leave it at base. [OOC]

"logistics" smiles JR to himself, "well that will come in handy here. Always good to have a logistics buddy or three in the service they tell me" he said grinning. Then contuining on he asked " any idea who's got rank in this little operation so far?" While talking with Okie, he picks up his Hk-416 and starts cleaning it as throughly as possible. A part of a ritutal his father had taught him while he use to go hunting as a young man.

Offline ranger_scout

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2011, 10:23:18 PM »
OCC If we want to play fire arms advice :P, I will tell you nightwalker both your guns are not "light"  I own an M14 and shot the 1911 once it's heavy for pistols.  That being said they are great guns just poking the bees nest and I would have done the same thing but you got here first..  Why question the M203 at least some one taking the initiative to carry more gear for us.  ;) OCC

Seeing the two others in the room grabbing NVG's he follows suit.  "The queens paying for this one boy help our selves but don't get weighed down too much"  he friendly suggests to the other men.  "Names Matthew Robinson you can call me Robby if you please" as he puts his arm out to greet the other two with a hand shake.

Offline Gunner1116

Re: Special Operations Roleplay 4/6
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2011, 10:48:03 PM »
[OOC] Haha, people talking about some of my favorite things firearms and roleplaying. ;D Keep getting to know each other. Only two spots left to fill. [OOC]

Offline The Nightwalker

• Ork Boy
  • Just Passing Through
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2011, 10:53:32 PM »
[OOC] shot an M14, going to buy it soon. Either way I'm carrying a full fledged sniper rifle this time around not a designated marksman rifle. I'm still packed light for a combat operation, and all my gear is custom which means it weighs even less ;). But your especially right about the sidearm, it uses a 18 round magazine full of .40S&W and runs for 3000$. It's one of those guns you dream of owning ::)[/OOC]
Please to meet you, I'm okie. once again giving his signature handshake. Don't worry though, I always pack light.

Offline Gunner1116

« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2011, 11:22:10 PM »
[OOC]Alright, ranger_scout, is going to be the leader apparently, since no one else has asked about it. So ranger you might want to do a quick list check to make sure your team has everything it needs and if it doesn't maybe one of the last 2 people can grap what you want. Just because I like talking about guns  ;D For a mission like this I think I would prefer an MP5 silenced actually. Nice, light, and reliable. Good for close quarters. ;)[OOC]

Offline ranger_scout

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2011, 11:27:13 PM »
OCC You will love the M14 great rifle and you get the advantage of american gun laws  :( poor Canada.  I am familiar with the M21 compared to the M14 but civi side their is no difference. Mine has a 4x12 scope and 6 mags (capped to 5 rounds  :()to do the same job okie is gona do in this RPG  :)"

Shaking Okie's hand he realizes this will be an mainly yank op  "Mate that good for the packing we defiantly don't want to get weighed down behind enemy lines."  Robbinson says in his thick british accent.  "Wondering what other nations are contributing for operators don't want to be the only non- Yank" he says half jokingly.

Offline The Nightwalker

• Ork Boy
  • Just Passing Through
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2011, 11:32:57 PM »
[OOC] I get advantages of Okie gun laws ;D most gun friendly state in the U.S. And Gunner I agree the MP5 will always hold a special place on my heart, it's the only 9mm I'm willing to touch. [/OOC]

So your leading the op? If so I'm assuming you got atleast some of my file?

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Fsteak
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2011, 11:43:45 PM »
[ooc]I'm saving this spot for my character. It's late and I don't have any time to update now, but first thing tomorrow morning I'll post a character.

Just a word of warning; I don't come from a military background or anything. I'm just an engineering student. So don't be surprised if I have to ask you what you're talking about.

EDIT: Character posted.[/ooc]

Name: Patrick Gregory
Branch of Service + Rank: Ranger, Lance Corporal
Background: An American with Irish ancestry, Patrick Gregory was born and raised in California. Extremely poor growing up, he enlisted in the military in order to obtain a college education in order to fulfill his dream of becoming a doctor. He served honorably in Iraq, and was later recommended by his officer to the Ranger Corps. Very few applicants make it through Ranger school, and Gregory is extremely proud to be one of them, thanks to his amazing physical and mental endurance.

Weapons-
Primary: Steyr AUG
Secondary: Steyr TMP 9mm
Other: KA-BAR knife
Explosives: 2 Frag grenades, 2 Claymores,

Gear-
Medical kit(tourniquets, morphine, bandages, and the like), Helmet, Ranger fatigues, pack, Entrenching tool, extra ammunition, red dot sight for TMP.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 09:12:59 AM by JoBob »
Play League of Legends? Send me a friend request: IGN: "IRiseAgainstYou" NA server.

Offline Gunner1116

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2011, 11:57:15 PM »
[OOC] That is perfectly fine JoBob. I will save a spot for you.[OOC]