1000 Black legion

Started by keldar, July 12, 2003, 09:16:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

keldar

My first list for chaos.

HQ- DP(Aura,Str,Resilence,darkblade, mark of nurgle)

Elites- 8 khorne beszerkers (FNP,chain axes, infiltrate, MOK)
Aspring champion (powerfist, banner of rage)

Troops- 10 plauge marines(MON)
Aspring champion( plauge sword)

10 plauge marines(MON)
Aspring champion( plauge sword)

6 Daemonettes

Here it is my first list im thinking i should get rid of daemonettes and get a oblitator for a fire bas then buff up my dp alittle more with extra points. My main enemys will be Nids, BA, catachans, DH, ELDAR.

The Rainmaker

1. Resilience can't be combined with MoN because it's already included in the MoN.

2. Normal bezerkers can't have FNP, only champs can. Also, the banner of rage can only be taken by an icon bearer in a chosen squad. The powerfist is a good choice though. The chainaxes are good but will only really be useful against the BA.

3. You can't summon the daemonettes becuase you haven't got any icons and even if you did the have to be either undivided or the same mark as the daemons, and you haven't got any undivided or slaanesh units.
"Woe to you, oh earth and sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short... Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is six hundred and sixty six."

Revelations ch.XIII v.18

formerly Angron

Strychnine

Angron-- "2. Normal bezerkers can't have FNP, only champs can. Also, the banner of rage can only be taken by an icon bearer in a chosen squad. The powerfist is a good choice though. The chainaxes are good but will only really be useful against the BA"

what are you talking about, Angron?
it says nothing like that in the banner of rage entry...

but if i were u, drop the daemonettes, and get an oblit... man, those squads are expensive if thats a 1k army!

TTRH
You will remember the night you were struck by the sight of ten thousand fists in the air.

Daemon Prince Model: $45
Bloodthirster's Axe Bit: $6
The look on your Dark Eldar opponent's face, when you tell him he doesn't get his 2+ Invulnerable Save...
Priceless.
There are some things Chaos can't kill. For everything else, there's a Dreadaxe(tm).

Necromortis

Angron is correct about the banner.  If I were you, I would read your codex over.

Course, I might be wrong as well.

Strychnine

im about to snap....

I JUST READ THE BLOODY CODEX, AND IT SAYS NOTHING IN THE BANNER OF RAGE ENTRY THAT ONLY CHOSEN MAY TAKE ONE!!!!!!

sorry, had to get that out, but YOU people(angron and Devotee of Chaos) need to READ THE CODEX!

a very angry
TTRH
You will remember the night you were struck by the sight of ten thousand fists in the air.

The look on your Dark Eldar opponent's face, when you tell him he doesn't get his 2+ Invulnerable Save...
Priceless.
There are some things Chaos can't kill. For everything else, there's a Dreadaxe(tm).

Necromortis

I know it doesn't say it in the Banner of Rage entry.

Check paage 12 of the Chaos Codex, 2nd column, Chaos Icons, 2nd Paragraph, 2nd and 3rd line.

Read that and admit that you are wrong.

Strychnine

the banner of rage COUNTS as an icon, it isnt actually one!
it says so!
read its entry...
it says
"as well as functioning as an icon for Daemon summoning purposes..."
your wrong

TTRH

Priceless.

Necromortis

It is still a SPECIAL ICON.

:P

CD

Angron is correct. I've explained many a time why Banners of Rage, Rapturous Standards, Plague Banners and Blasted Standards may ONLY be taken by Chosen.

The rules aren't right in the entries, but are deep within the rules, and you have to be very perceptive to find it all.

I have not the time to explain it right now (I have to go somewhere right now, I'm already late), but I'll return later and provide you with a full explanation (unless someone else does before I get back).

UberBezerker

You are seriously crazy, Typhus right hand dude. First off, if you didn't know, you just said that two of the most respected Chaos players on this board is wrong. Which as long as I've been on this board. ( A year now) I can't remember when they were wrong. Now I think you need to do a serious re-reading ( or it sounds like a first reading ) of your codex. If you think we are all still wrong ask the GW troll dudes. O and by the way, settled down w/ the attitude, it's not very becoming, and it just gets people mad. ( especially me, but that should come to no surprise as my name is Bezerker  ;D )

On topic: It's a decent list, I suggest using a manreaper instead on the DP, and add some undivided units, that would be much more fluffy.
Have A Nice Day! :) hehehe

Necromortis

I quote from the Chaos Codex-page 12, Chaos Icons, 2nd Paragraph.

QuoteAny unit that bears a Mark of Chaos may have a basic Icon at no additional points cost.  Any Lord's retinue or independent unit of Chosen can select a special Icon from the Armorury list at the points cost indicated.

Because the Banner of Rage has a points cost and is under Gifts of Khorne, it is deemed a Special Icon.  Therefore, it can only be taken by a Lord's retinue or independant unit of Chosen.

General Canderous Fayler

Indeed, TTRH, you are wacked out of your mind.  SPECIAL icons (such as the banner of rage) may only be taken by chosen squads.  Read the codex.

keldar

Ok now that we settled that i need help making a khorne army list what im thinking is 3 squads of 8 khjorne beszerkers with FNP and chain axes. also 1 oblierator and 5 bloodletters and finally a dp. how that.

Necromortis

Hold up a minute.  Feel No Pain can only be given to Khornate Aspiring Champions.  And you might want to take 8 Bloodletters, not 5.

If you are playing World Eaters, you can't take an Obliterator.

Tool your DP up 'lots.

keldar

ok thanks but think im gonna start black legion its on my other post .

keldar

Necromortis

Ok then.  Than feel free to use Oblits and Raptors and Havocs and other stuff.  But use my advice all the same :)