Alpha Legion Rules Clarification

Started by Zaq, June 25, 2003, 08:55:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaq

Says in the codex that they may have Daemon Packs but only Cultists can summon them. This does not apply to Daemonic Beasts however as they are not mentioned.

Does this mean that Daemonic Beasts are summoned off Marines instead of Cultists?

Scythe

You can't take Daemonic Beasts. It says so underneath Daemons:

Zaq

Says there they may include Daemon Packs but only Cultists may carry Icons to summon them. They may use DPs and Possessed.

There's no mention of Daemonic Beasts at all.

Scythe

You answered your own question!  :-\ Why did you ask it then?

Zaq

Since the legions are based off the CSM Army List then wouldn't any entries not mentioned at all be considered fieldable?

The IW and NL legion entries state what daemons they are allowed and not allowed to field. The AL section does not mention Daemonic Beasts at all so logically unless specifically banned they should be fieldable.

UberBezerker

The real question is who in the right mind would want to field demonic beasts? I personally think they all are horrible with the exception of furies. ( which are SWEET )
Have A Nice Day! :) hehehe

Colonel Twisting Shadow

It also doesn't say that the lord can't buy a lascannon, it's not listed under his weapons, does that mean i can buy a lascannon for my lord (who's based of a CSM, which can)?

The answer to that and your question is NO.  It says "You may include Daemon packs."  Why would they state that if you were to assume that you could use any daemons anyway?  Again, if it were assumed that we could use any daemons in these lists (unless stated otherwise), then why does it say that word bearers can use any type of daemon?  And that NL can use Furies?  

If it doesn't say you can, you cant, your question is moot in this regard.

-Drazhar
Hey! I know!  Let's focus on building army lists, instead of silly custom titles and command structures, yeah?

From the days of the doctorines.
RIP-Goyder, Koonitz, and Jenkins.  Honour them.

Armies:
ORDER: Elysians 2k5, Armored battlegroup 2k5, Infantry Guard 2k, Dark Angles 4k5, Grey Knights 2k
DISORDER: Chaos 3k, Daemons 2k Dark Eldar 2k5, Nids 2k, Orks 2k5
I'm both proud and ashamed of those numbers...