Rogue Trader

Started by The GrimSqueaker, December 7, 2023, 10:09:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The GrimSqueaker

I haven't even finished the prologue and it's already going off the rails. 2 mins in and getting warned of profane acts against the Enginseer. Suddenly Sister of Battle. Also I think the ship is talking to me.

Quote from: @TracyAuGoGOTact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the WorldIf you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

Irisado

I have been watching reviews of this game and I remain undecided about it.  The lack of voice acting is rather offputting to me.  What is the plot like so far?
Quote from: Dipsomaniac on February  6, 2011, 01:05:46 AMYou haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

The GrimSqueaker

I had to stop yesterday before barely getting going. The prologue is being distant heir to a Trader and then having cultists interfere so I imagine that's how I'm getting my ship. The Steam achievements point to having to deal with Necrons and the Inquisition so plenty of room for heresy later on.

One of the very first dialogue choices allows you to infer that Imperial cathedral designers have inadequacy issues so it's a *very* W40K game.

Edit: Finally finished the prologue after intervening in a Navigator House civil war and then looting the station for everything that could be moved one way or the other. The station was falling apart. It was my civic duty as a LORD CAPTAIN.

Quote from: @TracyAuGoGOTact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the WorldIf you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

Irisado

I'm guessing there must also be some kind of Chaos corruption somewhere along the line.  I cannot imagine a release of a GW game that does not refer to the forces of Chaos somewhere.

I remain unsure about the game.  I suspect that it will be one of those that I may try once the price comes down.  I'm more intrigued than I am excited by what I've seen so far.
Quote from: Dipsomaniac on February  6, 2011, 01:05:46 AMYou haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Lachdonin

Quote from: Irisado on December 11, 2023, 05:38:44 PM
I'm guessing there must also be some kind of Chaos corruption somewhere along the line.

Oh, that cat gets let out of the bag in the first 10 minutes. It's a 40k game, you know the plot is going to center around Chaos SOMEHOW. I mean, hell... They even made the War in Heaven about Chaos apparently...

But, so far, 10 hours in, i've quite been enjoying it. Not remotely optimised, got myself killed twice, and suffering very much from the Xcom Curse... but i'd rank it as one of my top 5 games this year for me...
Remember, you can make yourself a Hero, but only others can make you a God.

The GrimSqueaker

Restarted the campaign with a new character as now I understand more how the game works. Through the first chapter with SURPRISE Chaos Marine and a great deal of buggering around at the first stop over. Now to chart brave new worlds for SPACE CAPITALISM.

Drink
Knights Tippler

Myen'Tal

Quote from: The GrimSqueaker on December 17, 2023, 11:15:33 PM
Restarted the campaign with a new character as now I understand more how the game works. Through the first chapter with SURPRISE Chaos Marine and a great deal of buggering around at the first stop over. Now to chart brave new worlds for SPACE CAPITALISM.

I am on the capital world of the first system you start the game in. Character is a noble/officer focused on leadership w/ a long-las. Bring it down is so good, especially if you have it on two squad members!
- Blog #6  A Five Star Comeback!

[url=http://www.johnmalonebooks.com]www.johnmalonebooks.com

Hardback Version - Work in Progress

Audiobook production still going strong!

The GrimSqueaker

I've turned the tech priest into team sniper with the navvy standing close by for leadership teen-pop sensationy. I like having the LORD CAPTAIN more in the front lines firing wild bursts from a boltgun.

Edit: Now the beslubbering Eldar have turned up. This will help.

Edit2: beslubbering Dark Eldar.

Drink
Knights Tippler