Chronicles of the Brush: For the Greater Good

Started by Myen'Tal, June 4, 2018, 07:25:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Myen'Tal

Quote from: Guildmage Aech on January 16, 2024, 06:11:20 PM
I love how the dragoon's robots have little heads and tiny little T-rex arms.
Nice progress!

Thank you!





- Blog #6  A Five Star Comeback!


[url=http://www.johnmalonebooks.com]www.johnmalonebooks.com


Hardback Version - Work in Progress

Audiobook production still going strong!

Myen'Tal

#1441
5 Striking Scorpions assembled, 15 more to go!

- Blog #6  A Five Star Comeback!


[url=http://www.johnmalonebooks.com]www.johnmalonebooks.com


Hardback Version - Work in Progress

Audiobook production still going strong!

Dread

Show off!  :o hehe. Glad to see you got them. I've got 5 assembled but been sick the past few days so no work done. What colors are you gonna use?
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

                            Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Myen'Tal

lol, thank you, Dread! I am planning on doing the traditional Striking Scorpion scheme!

Green, yelllow, black, etc. Should be fun!
- Blog #6  A Five Star Comeback!


[url=http://www.johnmalonebooks.com]www.johnmalonebooks.com


Hardback Version - Work in Progress

Audiobook production still going strong!

PaxImperator

Nice models! I like how dynamically you posed them. Do they still get a better armour save and slower movement compared to other Eldar?

Myen'Tal

#1445
Quote from: PaxImperator on January 24, 2024, 01:38:11 AM
Nice models! I like how dynamically you posed them. Do they still get a better armour save and slower movement compared to other Eldar?

So each aspect warrior shrine now has MEQ save and I believe an invulnerable save. Guardians have gone from a 5+ save to a 4+, which the Storm Guardians serpent shield providing an invulnerable save as well.

Most Aspect Warriors move 7", with Dark Reapers moving an inch slower and Howling Banshees moving an inch faster.

Edited for stats in accordance with forum rule 1 - Iris.
- Blog #6  A Five Star Comeback!


[url=http://www.johnmalonebooks.com]www.johnmalonebooks.com


Hardback Version - Work in Progress

Audiobook production still going strong!

PaxImperator

Interesting. That sounds uncharacteristically durable for Eldar to my 4th edition ears. Between this, the bigger=better marines and the 'everyone gets a re-roll' antics I've heard about I'm starting to think the power level in 40K must have gone up across the board over the past editions. Almost everyone can now forfeit shooting to gain a random distance worth of additional movement too, can't they?

Myen'Tal

Quote from: PaxImperator on January 26, 2024, 02:01:45 AM
Interesting. That sounds uncharacteristically durable for Eldar to my 4th edition ears. Between this, the bigger=better marines and the 'everyone gets a re-roll' antics I've heard about I'm starting to think the power level in 40K must have gone up across the board over the past editions. Almost everyone can now forfeit shooting to gain a random distance worth of additional movement too, can't they?

Yes, to forgo shooting and changes, you can 'advance' an extra dice in your movement phase. Some units have rules that let them 'advance and shoot' or 'advance and charge' or a combination of both. The re-rolls have been toned down so much in 10th edition that I don't think it's really an issue anymore.
- Blog #6  A Five Star Comeback!


[url=http://www.johnmalonebooks.com]www.johnmalonebooks.com


Hardback Version - Work in Progress

Audiobook production still going strong!

Myen'Tal

Working on the first five of my scorpions!





- Blog #6  A Five Star Comeback!


[url=http://www.johnmalonebooks.com]www.johnmalonebooks.com


Hardback Version - Work in Progress

Audiobook production still going strong!

Irisado

The green is outstanding.  These are so impressive.  Is the plan to make it a bit darker through shading or are you planning on going with the lighter shade?  Either would work.  I'm just curious about your approach.
Quote from: Dipsomaniac on February  6, 2011, 01:05:46 AMYou haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Myen'Tal

#1450
Quote from: Irisado on February  3, 2024, 05:34:50 AM
The green is outstanding.  These are so impressive.  Is the plan to make it a bit darker through shading or are you planning on going with the lighter shade?  Either would work.  I'm just curious about your approach.

Thank you! The plan so far is to layer the basecoat up more, darkening with Biel-Tan Green, and then highlights!

Got my first 10 Striking Scorpions to tabletop! Still have the yellow ridges and some gold to do, but making good progress!






Post Merge: February  5, 2024, 09:53:29 PM
In the future, please use the modify button. Double posting is against the forum rules, and for that reason, the system merged your posts.


Progress continues!










- Blog #6  A Five Star Comeback!


[url=http://www.johnmalonebooks.com]www.johnmalonebooks.com


Hardback Version - Work in Progress

Audiobook production still going strong!

Dread

Looking good buddy. Glad to see the progress you've made. Got mine built but been fighting the flu so no progress there. Keep st it.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

                            Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Myen'Tal

Quote from: Dread on February  8, 2024, 05:25:09 PM
Looking good buddy. Glad to see the progress you've made. Got mine built but been fighting the flu so no progress there. Keep st it.

Thanks, Dread!

I've gotten some more work done for you today now that you ask!


- Blog #6  A Five Star Comeback!


[url=http://www.johnmalonebooks.com]www.johnmalonebooks.com


Hardback Version - Work in Progress

Audiobook production still going strong!

PaxImperator

Only now do I realise you've got no less than twenty of them! They're coming together nicely.

Myen'Tal

Thank you, trying to get them all to the same point before figuring out highlights!
- Blog #6  A Five Star Comeback!


[url=http://www.johnmalonebooks.com]www.johnmalonebooks.com


Hardback Version - Work in Progress

Audiobook production still going strong!

Myen'Tal

Got the yellow ansld silver to pick out and then layering and highlights






- Blog #6  A Five Star Comeback!


[url=http://www.johnmalonebooks.com]www.johnmalonebooks.com


Hardback Version - Work in Progress

Audiobook production still going strong!

Irisado

I also had not realised that you had to paint so many.  You must have a really steady hand to be so precise with all those stripes.  I take my hat off to you.  You are doing a fine job here.
Quote from: Dipsomaniac on February  6, 2011, 01:05:46 AMYou haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Myen'Tal

Quote from: Irisado on February 11, 2024, 08:32:52 AM
I also had not realised that you had to paint so many.  You must have a really steady hand to be so precise with all those stripes.  I take my hat off to you.  You are doing a fine job here.

The yellow stripes are actually the most difficult so far lol, I have to do a lot of clean up!

So, taking a quick break from 40k!

- Blog #6  A Five Star Comeback!


[url=http://www.johnmalonebooks.com]www.johnmalonebooks.com


Hardback Version - Work in Progress

Audiobook production still going strong!

Lachdonin

How are the new Scorpions? I've been through... what is it now, 3 generations of them? Most of my Aspects are metal, we'll just say that. They look good from the pictures, but how do they go together, how are the details etc. Are they as worthwhile as the Banshees?
Remember, you can make yourself a Hero, but only others can make you a God.

Myen'Tal

Hi Lachdonin,

Yes, I definitely think the new sculpts are worth it! They go together pretty well and a lot of the bits are interchangable outside of the actual poses of the legs and torso. You have to be careful because when you put the legs together, might take multiple tries to get right and any glue smudge can melt those raised ridges on that area. The poses are kind of not too customizable, but they all look good and especially the Exarchs. Details are great, from the belts to the filigree to the runes on the chainswords.

I say they are definitely worth the cost over all!
- Blog #6  A Five Star Comeback!


[url=http://www.johnmalonebooks.com]www.johnmalonebooks.com


Hardback Version - Work in Progress

Audiobook production still going strong!

Powered by EzPortal