News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1000 point tournament coming up allowing Harlies!  (Read 1176 times)

Offline Halberd-Blue

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Long Live C'Nesha
    • Lord of the Universe's Website
1000 point tournament coming up allowing Harlies!
« on: August 3, 2003, 01:50:37 PM »
I'm entered in a 1000 point Eye of Terror tournament for next Friday, and they are allowing Harlequins!  I haven't played Harlequins in seven months, so I'm wondering how you would go about making an army.  First of all here are the rules/restrictions:
1.  It uses the New assault and new vehicle rules.  They are also allowing VDR approved by them (they said my C'Nesha Pattern Falcon (Falcon w/ D-Cannon and twin-linked fusion gun replacing the pulse laser and side-armament was fine)).
2.  I have very few Harlequin models.  I have a Great Harlequin, Shadowseer, Solitaire, 6 Death Jesters, 10 or so other Harlequins, and a Wraithlord.  While its plenty for a 1000 point game, I don't know whether I should combine them with my Eldar since I'd end out with 2 minimum troops choices (though there is no comp score since its their first tournament, I would feel dirty).
3.  I will repeat this: new assault rules.

As I see it, the new assault rules make it so the Solitaire is no longer the 1 man army that you can just charge into a squad of 5 Terminators and kill them all with a bit of luck.  So I don't really see the Solitaire as a good choice, so in the lists I made up I just used a Great Harlequin instead.

I know little of the competition since I have few chances to play Warhammer anymore since I live so far away.  But I do know that there will be:
At least 1 Death Guard player w/ a Defiler
At least 1 big-bug style tyranid player
At least 1 horde-style tyranid player
At least 4 Black Templar players along with a bunch of other marine players

If I am eternally doomed to losing 6-hours worth of games, then I can always use my 9-Wraith 1000 point Necron army...  Well I guess it would be 8 Wraiths since I destroyed my Necron Lord to create a Necron Wraith-Lord complete with Warscythe...

So should I use a tiny 15-model army of eliteness or cheese-out and screen my Harlies with hordes of Storm Guardians?
"The rewards of tolerance are treachery and betrayal."

Offline InfinityCircuit

• Lazerous Penguin
  • "Useless, useless."--JWB
Re:1000 point tournament coming up allowing Harlies!
« Reply #1 on: August 4, 2003, 10:23:34 AM »
I think you should not use anything remotely cheesy, it is not beardy if you only use the models you have.  You want to make a good impression on the people running this tournament that they need to continue on and let Harlequins in again.  How to do this is up to you!

Offline Rilmanqualë

• A humie walks into a bar - OUCH!
« Reply #2 on: August 7, 2003, 01:55:49 AM »
I agree with IC, but, well, wow.  If thats all yer taking for 1K points, umm, wow.  Good luck!   :-\
Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music - Mark Kleiman

Offline InfinityCircuit

• Lazerous Penguin
  • "Useless, useless."--JWB
« Reply #3 on: August 7, 2003, 10:22:02 AM »
It will be hard but if you wait a bit to assault you will be able to kill them!