News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: What should I take haemonculi or a dracon?  (Read 822 times)

Offline shmee shmee

• I love the smell of napalm in the morning
What should I take haemonculi or a dracon?
« on: May 17, 2005, 02:20:59 PM »
 In my WWP force I want to take 4 haemonculi or a dracon, I want to have a lord(s) that can unleash a deadly volley of fire then have great combat capabilities, I have either 3-4 haemonculi on reaver jet bikes with scissorhands and destructos or a foot dracon with an agoniser, combat drugs, shadow field, splinter pistol and a WWP, which would be best, thanks  ;D ;D ;D
it was harry...

Offline Mahahelel

• Grotesque
Re: What should I take haemonculi or a dracon?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2005, 05:11:27 PM »
If you want CC abilities take the dracon. If you want firepower take the Haemmies. On the RJB Haemmies are also good in CC they just don't have the iniative edge that the dracon has. The only way to give your Archon/Dracon a good shooting weapon is give them xenospasm, it has the magic ap value of 3.
To absent friends...
Pfc. Nicholas J. Greer Oct. 7th 2005 C Co. 3/504 PIR 82nd
Sgt. Eric A. Fifer Oct. 7th 2005 C Co. 3/504 PIR 82nd
Sgt. Charles Wyckoff Jun. 6th 2008 C Co. 1/508 PIR 82nd

Offline Pointy Doom

• I am not a lamma....I am a free man!!
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2005, 02:38:38 AM »
In my WWP force I want to take 4 haemonculi or a dracon

You've actually filled out the rest of your force chart enough to take 2 more HQ's?
well all I can say is well done. ;)

Anyways I say take the haemmies on jetbikes, Who doesn't love 4 good drive-by destructor shots. ;D
"Doom shall come to ye! In all manner of nasty pointy bits!"
-Tim the enchanter-

Time is but an illusion. Luchtime doubly so.

Offline Archonbjorn

• Archon
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Where's your emperor now?
    • Vengeance of the Fallen [Dutch]
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2005, 08:26:45 AM »
Hamies can be taken i nsquads from 1-3 as far as I know. (2 months ago since last peered in the codex).

Anyway personal opinion but Hamies aint so good. I would only use them for deploying WWP's nothing else. To give them a destructor and a scissorhand to give your carriersquad a extra punch of shooty power and CC power could be usefull but still the Dracon and Archon are supreme to the haemoneculi in CC. I always take a Dracon or Archon and you should 2. there able to shred whole squads into pieces on there own.

I would either go for the troop shredder or MC shredder meaning:
Troop: Animus Vitea, Combat drugs, shadowfield, Punisher, Tormentor helm, gruesom talismen(believe me those 2 pts are worth it)
MC:Shadowfield, Agoniser, Pistol, Combat drugs Gruesom talisman.

Trust me Dracons and archons are one of the most feared things by now in my  shop. Take them there worth there points.   

Offline shmee shmee

• I love the smell of napalm in the morning
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2005, 03:59:08 PM »
 I want good cc capabilites so I will take a dracon or archon, thanks alot for all the help guys
it was harry...

Offline mr_mich

• I make it rain
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2005, 10:17:36 PM »
I agree with Bjorn to a degree, but I'd like to state that I use haemonculi almost exclusively, and to great effect.

Granted, Archons and Dracons are the official CC BEAST hq's of the 40k universe, especially when you throw in incubi.  However, as Bjorn said they are the most feared, and the fact that you might not always have sufficient cover means that they're also the most highly prioritized target, and the most attractive fire magnet.

If you're not looking to center your army around your HQ, Haemonculi add a nice punch for extremely low points costs.  A scissorhand isn't all that scary in CC, but makes for a helpful addition if you throw them into CC as support for wyches or warriors.  My favorite are destructors, in that you have a 1/3 chance of making a terminator squad cry, a 1/2 chance of making a marine squad melt in their little boots, and a 2/3 chance of evaporating some tau.  Automatically hitting helps negate the weak BS, and the fact that you can fire them on the move and then assault makes them really useful weapons.  Throw this on a RJB Haemonculus and he's not as offensively threatening, but he's one tough bugger to kill.  I usually actually use a Haemonculus on foot to support my troops, and one on a RJB with SH/Destructor and CD/shadowfield.  He costs as much as a tooled-out dracon, and has less CC buff, but is a lot more durable and mobile.

So like they said if you're going for CC, the Dracon/Archon are definitely the stronger of the two.  But for a support role, point for point I'd take haemonculi ANY day.