News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Shall I take all my force in raiders.  (Read 603 times)

Offline shmee shmee

• I love the smell of napalm in the morning
Shall I take all my force in raiders.
« on: April 30, 2005, 01:13:24 PM »
 I was thinking of taking a dracon with a retinue of incubi, two squads of 15 warriors and a squad of ten wychs should I transport them all in raiders.
it was harry...

Offline Arcas

• Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
  • Ancient
Re: Shall I take all my force in raiders.
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2005, 01:19:16 PM »
You can't have more than 10 warriors in one raider.

Offline marts

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2005, 03:05:00 PM »
yeah u can only have 10 in a raider. also id leave a squad out with 2 dark lances for some fire supposrt

Offline shmee shmee

• I love the smell of napalm in the morning
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2005, 04:50:55 PM »
 I have 3 squads of 10 men with dark lances and splinter cannons.
it was harry...

Offline comradeDa

• Dracon
  • That's right. I have no nose.
    • EAC PRD
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2005, 08:52:41 PM »
Remember, raider squads are not very comparable to warrior squads. If I could take a squad of ten warriors (out of the warrior squad unit) and put them in a raider, that could mean 3 "heavy" weapons, and two special weapons. However, raider squads can only have 1 heavy and 1 special (+ the raider's guns).

So: Have 5 man squads in raiders. One armed with a splinter cannon, or blaster. The raider can be upgraded to have a disintegrator (if you have a splinter cannon) or a horrorfex (if you have a blaster). Full squads of warriors on board I have not tried. How about a sybarite with a 'fex on board a raider with a 'fex. That is two pinning tests from a single vehicle (if mounted). Remember, the raider and the raider squad count as different units when shooting, so you wouldn't combine the terrorfex results.
-=[Sybarite]=-
Sure, I'm a dracon. Shh... I like Sybarite, 'cos it sounds cooler.
My stories and stuff:
The Other Side
Operation Black Hand

My webcomic:
Evil Atheist Conspiracy Public Relations Department

Offline Zhar

« Reply #5 on: May 2, 2005, 10:33:12 AM »
But u can pin two different squad with only 1 raider Squad! I was using this strat, but 15 pts per terrofex on the sybarite costs a lot.. the horrorfex on the vehicule is 5 pts! and if u get weapon destroyed, the opponent normally take out the lance, so u still have a pinning weapon on your raider! wich is still pretty usefull!!!
So i prefer to pay an agoniser on my sybarite to take out squad that tries to get in close with my troops rather than having a pinning weapons at 15 pts. cauz my raider as one and with 4 raider, its enough!

Offline Grey Area

• !gnimoc era yeht
« Reply #6 on: May 2, 2005, 12:05:32 PM »
Use your warriors for fire support and put your wyches on a raider because of their 6+ armour save. also put the retinue and lord on board a raider unless your playing against an all-shooting army.

Offline Ollieb

• Ancient
  • I'm only here for the beer!
« Reply #7 on: May 2, 2005, 01:30:51 PM »
Depends on your style of play.  In 2k points I field 8 skimmers, 6 Raiders/2 Ravagers, and do quite well.  A Raider parking lot is an awesome sight to behold.  I'll go 50-50 split DL/Dis and put a Fex on the Disintegrator Raiders.  Disintegrator Raider squads also get a Haemi with Destructor attached to them.

So I loose a couple first turn no big deal.  Any Raider not able to get hidden is deployed empty.  I'll then turbo everything to one side and sweep a flank.  In Omega mission sets an all skimmer force is one of the nastiest armies to fight.  I will always choose to go last since this allows me to see where my opponent places his reserves as they come on.  Then I won't need to spend a turn to turbo to gain superiority where I choose to fight.   
Looking for a compliment here is like looking for a girlfriend in a cemetary.  You know you will probably not like what you dig up, but you'll take it anyway.