News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 2000points general army  (Read 387 times)

Offline Tenshin

• I *LOVE* EO and 40K.ca
2000points general army
« on: June 22, 2004, 06:27:14 AM »
HQ: Archon + Plamagranate, Hellmask,
       T-Helm, Animus Vitae , Shadowfield
        Combat Drugs

HQ: Dracon + Plasmagranate, Hellmask,
       T-Helm, Combat Drugs

Elites: 8 Wyches 2B Plasmagranates
           Succubus Agoniser
           Raider

Elites: 8 Wyches 2B Plasmagrantes
           Succubus Agoniser
           Raider

4*Standard: 9 Warriors B, SK
                     Sybarith Poisoned
                     Blades
                     Raider

2*Standard: 13 Warriors 2DL

Fast Attack: 4RJB 2B
                    Succubus + PW, T-Helm

2* Ravager: 3 Dissis

all in all 99 models and 2002 points

I will put the Archon and Dracon on the Wychraider because the have nearly equal speed without the first drug effect of the wyches. I think that is more useful than the slow Inccubi.

The four standard troops will srceen them and the RJB can put out tanks and give backup for the CCtroops if neccecary.

The Raveger and snipersquads I will hold in the backround.

What you think?

Offline CrimsonShadow

• Cheerleader!
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Lord Captain Cheerleader of DOOM!!!
Re: 2000points general army
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2004, 04:06:58 PM »
OMG!  I just about fell out of my chair!  I was like, "Plamagranate?  What the hell is a Plamagranate?  Ohhh...PLASMA GRENADES!"  Sorry, but that was funny!   ;)  Well the first thing you can do is drop the plasmas from your wych and raider squads.  While it IS nice to not have to worry about assaulting into cover, they aren't really worth the points you spend.  I used to take them all the time, because one of my opponent's LOVES to hide in cover, but after someone on here (I believe it was Archon Astaroth) suggested I drop them, I tried it and to be honest I haven't missed them.  Go ahead and leave them on your HQ if you want, as you don't ever want to lose your initiative with your Archon or Dracon.

Your sniper (darklance) squads, should be 10 men.  I like your 9 man raider squads except for the poisen blades.  Agonisers work soooo much better.  I'd use those points you saved to flesh out your wyches to 9 man units and add another bike to your jetbike squad.  Your ravagers look great and I don't see anything else that just jumps out shouting "change me!". 

That is all.

CrimsonShadow

"Some people will tell you that slow is good...and it may be, on some days...but I am here to tell you that fast is better. I've always believed this, in spite of the trouble it's caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba...."
~ Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

We are not human beings.  We are human doings.

Offline Tenshin

• I *LOVE* EO and 40K.ca
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2004, 04:37:15 PM »
I don`t use Agonisers for Sybartihs because my experience show me they`re usualy to expensive models for their effect.

Why I schould use six instead of five RJB?

The Plasma Granades ok that`s a point you should be right.

The 10 men snipersquads are an other point which is a goog idea.
But I am just scared of a pinnig test.

that would be 64points

for these points I would add 4Warpbeasts and a Master for 63 points.

1999points and 98 models.

Better?

Offline CrimsonShadow

• Cheerleader!
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Lord Captain Cheerleader of DOOM!!!
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2004, 09:01:35 AM »
Four warpbeasts and a master costs 75 points.  Agonisers are not too expensive for the model if you have the squad tooled correctly, and the results are more than pleasing aganst most enemies.  The sybarite is the only model in your raider squads that is going to deal much damage usually in cc (I'm talking against marines of course, but every army is different).  A typical raider squad for me looks like this.

9 warriors
1 blaster
1 splinter cannon
sybarite (this is an upgrade to the squad not an extra model)
agoniser
raider
horrorfex

This unit can be shooty, and still hold it's own in assault (with some help of course).  It's an all around great unit, and makes up the backbone of my Kabal.  Ask Astaroth to do some math for you on the differences between the agoniser and poisened blades in combat.  Against low Toughness opponent's PB's aren't bad, but your opponent always gets that armor save.  Those 3 extra men aren't going to help that much against a pinning test, and to be honest my sniper squads were usually the LAST thing my opponent was worried about pinning.  The way your list read, I thought you only had 4 bikes total.  5 is fine, so leave it. 

That is all.

CrimsonShadow
"Some people will tell you that slow is good...and it may be, on some days...but I am here to tell you that fast is better. I've always believed this, in spite of the trouble it's caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba...."
~ Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

We are not human beings.  We are human doings.

Offline Tenshin

• I *LOVE* EO and 40K.ca
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2004, 12:30:38 PM »
15 for the master + 48 for four beasts are 63 Points :P.

The other possibility is to chose 4 Agonisers for the Sybariths.

OK I just used them for one game I`ll use them an other time.