News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1500 DE with WWP  (Read 353 times)

Offline spoon

• Call the shot
1500 DE with WWP
« on: March 17, 2004, 04:41:55 AM »
I'll just go and get right into it.

Dark Eldar Army – The Midnight Scorpions

H.Q…………………………………………………………………………………….
Archon Zar Lynthax, Shadow Field, Agoniser, Combat Drugs, Splinter Pistol, Trophy Rack, Plasma Grenades (138)
5 Incubi Retinue (125) Mounted in a Raider (55) Total: 318

Haemonculus Dr Jyves Scissorhand, Webway Portal, Skyboard Total: 95

Troops…………………………………………………..
Warrior Squad Obliteration (10) 2 Dark Lances Total: 100

Warrior Squad Destruction (10) 2 Dark Lances Total: 100

Warrior Squad Desolation (10) 2 Dark Lances Total: 100

Raider Squad Annihilation (10)
Syrabite with Agoniser, Splinter Pistol Total: 161

Raider Squad Eradication (10)
Syrabite with Agoniser, Splinter Pistol Total: 161

Fast Attack………………………………………………..
Reaver Jetbike Squad Elimination (5) 2 Blasters Total: 145

Heavy Support………………………………………………….
Ravager Devastation, 3 Disintegrators Total: 120

Talos Evisceration Total: 100

Talos Extermination Total: 100

Grand Total: 1500

Basically both Talos come out of the Haemies portal. Im planning to jump to cover with my haemie to avoid shooting (he has his jink save remember) and scoot out and open the portal. After that he is expendable. The rest of my army is pretty basic. Comments? Improvements? (get a 2nd WWP is coming, i know it)

Offline CODEXsc

• Sybarite
Re: 1500 DE with WWP
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2004, 07:20:37 AM »
I never seen an army like this looks interesting and very fun 2 play. The onlything i would do is take out a sniper squad and add a splinter cannon and blaster to the raider squads. I would also take out the incubi and add a wych squad since your talos can deal with the heavy stuff.

Offline CrimsonShadow

• Cheerleader!
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Lord Captain Cheerleader of DOOM!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2004, 09:58:12 AM »
It's illegal.  You can't field a WWP from a skyboard.  Read your other post.  This list doesn't have enough points coming out of the portal to really warrant taking it anyway.  You should also never put the shadowfield on a lord with retinue.  Run him solo on a jetbike and give the retinue to your dracon to make up for his lack of a shadowfield.  You don't want your fully healthy lord with working shadowfield falling back off the table because he's lost too many incubi and you failed that Ld test.

That is all.

CrimsonShadow
« Last Edit: March 17, 2004, 10:00:37 AM by CrimsonShadow »
"Some people will tell you that slow is good...and it may be, on some days...but I am here to tell you that fast is better. I've always believed this, in spite of the trouble it's caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba...."
~ Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

We are not human beings.  We are human doings.

Offline Purple Area

• Ancient
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2004, 10:53:02 AM »
The concept is appealing.  I think you've gone slightly wrong with it.

Other than the illegal-ness of the list, I wouldn't take the sniper squads.  My main view of WWP was always that almost ALL of your assault power should be coming out, but now that I think of it, it might work to have part of your assault force coming out of the WWP, and part of it mounted in raiders.

To achieve an effective army like this however, your going to need to gear your army ENTIRELY towards assault.  So no sniper squads.

Next, just a small point, tone your raider squads down to 9 models total, and add a blaster and splinter cannon to the squad, and possibly adda horrorfex to the raider.  That comes out to 174 I believe.

On to the WWP.  So far, we have 2 Talos coming out.  Since we're only using 1 WWP, we have to be careful not to have to much coming out, or else the army's assault will be TOO dependent on the portal, and will not be flexible enough.  2 talos is too little.  We need...  WYCHES!  So, grab a squad of 13 Wyches I'd say.  That comes out to...  207?  including 2 blasters, wych weapons, and a succubus w/ agonizer, pistol.

Drop the haemy entirely for now..  So you have about 180 points left as of now, still need to add the WWP back in.  I would grab a heamy with a WWP, stick him with a raider squad, and add a 5 man raider squad to give some extra protection:
5x Warriors [1x sp cannon, 1x blaster]
1x Raider [d-lance]

I know I know, many people don't like this squad, but I think its well worth it to have floating around to protect the raider that your heamy is riding in.

Soo..  try something like that.

Which means:

Assaulting elements:
1x raider squad
1x raider squad (including a haemy w/ portal, protect this raider)
1x incubi squad

WWP elements:
15 wyches
2 talos

cannon fodder elements:
~ reavers (protect the raiders.. like incubi and WWP raider, if the reavers live, go assault or something)
1x shooty raider

shoot elements:
1x ravager

Something like that perhaps?

Just some thoughts to consider
http://rangerofalaitoc.proboards25.com/index.cgi

Highschool:  Too many characters and not enough plot.

If she can't take a joke, f*** her.
~ Tucker Max

When reason fails, go for volume
~ Calvin

Offline CrimsonShadow

• Cheerleader!
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Lord Captain Cheerleader of DOOM!!!
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2004, 11:12:52 AM »
Close Waffle.  It's 173 points for that raider squad!   ;D  Personally, I think putting the WWP on an HQ unit is a mistake and a waste of points.  Put them on your sybarites in your raider squads.  Sybarites can deploy the portal just as effectively as your Haemy, and while wasting a round deploying the WWP with your sybarite is no big deal, your Haemy (if you still take one), can deal out some insane damage with that round of shooting instead.  I used a haemy to deploy my portal ONCE, and that was when I was trying the 2 Haemy's with 8 grots on a raider tactic.  The tactic worked quite well.  One haemy sits still and deploys the portal on turn two, while the other haemy moves forward with the grots to create a "screen" for other units coming out of the portal.  Only problem with this tactic, is that it only works once.  After that your opponent will immediately recognize the danger of allowing any raider with 2 haemy's and 8 grots to cross the table and target it immediately.  This unit is also really expensive to field.  The added bonus of giving the WWP to your sybarites on your raider squads, is that after the portal is deployed, they go back to being a raider squad and serve another purpose other than just deploying the portal. 

That is all.

CrimsonShadow       
"Some people will tell you that slow is good...and it may be, on some days...but I am here to tell you that fast is better. I've always believed this, in spite of the trouble it's caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba...."
~ Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

We are not human beings.  We are human doings.