News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: speak your mind  (Read 2093 times)

Offline lapiaz

speak your mind
« on: March 13, 2004, 09:40:43 AM »
 in a recent game a friend allowed me to use special caracters he whant to field marneus calgar the dude of the blue marines and anoter one that I dont remeber . so I decide to try something and pick kruellagh and drazhar in my HQ. must tell you that I never think of this ( the ugliest model of the DE is tha cruela de vile( jesus even the name remenber the 101 dalmatian ,, uuarghh) (spanish sound for puking)but  I was really please whit the result  they get there jump from the  raider shot a damnation granade shot whit the  tormentors helms and assault and  nothing survive :o. in the next turn I decide not to shoot whit kruellagh  to have more  attack in the charge  because I lost a incubi from  enemy shoting so she get ther and go whit 5 attack and drazahr do  prety well iting people and then nothing survive. after thinking  I decide to give my friend aother chance an to try a bring this time  two splinters cannon in the retinue. the result was even better and this time a always shoot the damnation granades.  I am not  a fan of special caracter but after falling in love whit Nuadhu from the saiM hann I thinking diferent of our own DE Special carecter. I would like to  ear from the DE what they think of our spaecial caracter and maybe this will help to all the new guys to the game to bring a little more interes to the DE

Offline Arcas

• Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
  • Ancient
Re: speak your mind
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2004, 09:45:28 AM »
Using paragraphs doesn't hurt!

Kruellagh had a certain value against orks or tyranids with the old assault rules, but with the new ones she is basically useless, as your opponent is no longer forced to remove casualties from base contact first.

She will die quickly and probably not get her bonus attacks.

jwu

Offline Aesir Yggdrasil

• The Twisted Haemonculus
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Serious as a hemophiliac in a razor blade factory.
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2004, 03:41:05 PM »
DE characters for the most part aren't as bad as people say. The decapitator has a certan Mandrake greatness to him, Drahazar is alright if you have the points, Urien is the way Grots where ment to be used, and Vect, though I dislike him, is the only DE model with armour 14.
People ask how come I play such a twisted army. I reply that I have the heart of a young boy; in a jar right next to his brain.

Now with Extra Lung!

Offline Mandor

• Military Theorist
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2004, 07:33:22 AM »
Dark Eldar Special Characters aren't bad, but hardly anyone uses them. They aren't the "new batch" of SCs that don't require opponent's permission. And basically no one wants to be dependant on his opponent's mood for fielding them.
Also all SCs, except for Lilith, go against the Dark Eldar philosophy of getting many units cheap. Sure, if you have a nice opponent and points to spare, you can take one. But generally, you're better off spending those points on some other, probably more useful units.

Offline Arcas

• Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
  • Ancient
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2004, 08:02:42 AM »
Actually, in the revised codex, they do no longer require the opponent's permission. As far as i know (this might be an oversight of the translators though) Urien is the only exception to this, he still requires permission.
The others however do not.

jwu

Offline CODEXsc

• Sybarite
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2004, 10:45:32 AM »
I dont perfere special characters i rather take another raider squad.

Offline Archon Kazzaroth

• Play dirty, play like dark eldar.
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2004, 11:40:58 AM »
Well, I prefer to couple drachon and drazhar together (for making deadly combo ;)).

Other models what I would use are Lelith and Decapitator (if I would had the models). Also Urien is good, but if I go haemy HQ, I take three instead just one badass haemy.

Kruelagh suck in looks and anme, so I am not gonna use her never (not even against orcs ::)). Vect then in return is too expensive and vulreneball for being worth it, but otherwise he is cool model and is deadly if used rigth.
Game rating whit my DE=
Win    Draw    Loss
  8         2           3

Offline DraconKhadect

• Whats that pen pen? A beer for me?
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2004, 06:35:01 PM »
I agree but god i love that artwork of Kruelagh in the codex.

how come my dark eldar models don't have nipples on their armour  :-\
The stunned and angry Briar snapped his hand out to grab the dark elfs arm. He never got close. Faster than Briar could react, Enteri snapped his hand on the barkeeps reahing arm, slamming it down on the bar. In the same fluid motion, the assasins other arm came, holding the jeweld dagger, and Enteri plunged it hard into the wooden shelf right between Briar's figners. The blood drained from his face. "If you persist there will be little left of your tavern"

Offline syth773

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2004, 06:50:26 PM »
I agree but god i love that artwork of Kruelagh in the codex.

how come my dark eldar models don't have nipples on their armour  :-\

next time i see a GW person i'll ask him to make some for you.
anyway, yes dark eldar heros are cool and yes they do tend to die quickly in CC.  the problem is that, like all DE they rely on speed and fast attacks.  with new assault rules they enemy player will remove all models NOT in base to base with the hero and then put all of the attacks he gets into the hero.  since they normally don't have a great save and none of them come with shadowfields they tend to die quickly.  i usually just stick with the good old archon even though i would like to use more DE heros.

Offline lapiaz

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2004, 07:50:59 PM »
but whit te new assault rles you still can alocate hits to caracter but those must come from a model or  independent caracter that is i base contact whit that enemy model. that is what chapter aproved say under the  parst that read CHARACTER IN ASSAULT. so that mean  that if my special caracter drazhar is in contact whit  an caracter of any race alone or in a unit , he would be hit by Drazhar if I decide to allocate the hits to him

Offline deusmex

• You can run, but you`ll die tired
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2004, 08:00:44 PM »
I havent seen the new assault rules :(. So basically your opponent gets to take off which ever models he likes just like shooting? Having said that if he has any models left after an attack from an archon and my usual incubi then hes doing pretty well.As for special characters I never use them.I buy them. Then use them as achons Incubi masters whatever.I just havent seen a special character that I would choose or if they are awesome killing machines then they are generally over priced points wise
Deus

Offline Arcas

• Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
  • Ancient
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2004, 08:14:52 PM »
@lapiaz: Characters can allocate their attacks between UNITS that they are engaged with, and only independent characters count as units on their own. Squad characters quite immune in close combat.

Note that drazhar is NOT an independent character, he isn't even a character at all (at least according to my translation of the codex...).

jwu

Offline lapiaz

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2004, 08:35:29 PM »
  you are quite right about that one, but my Archon is an independent caracter.So if my archon charge a unit and he find himself in base contact whit  the marine independent or special caracter he will show of what the agonizer are made.and another quote. Only enemy models engaged in combat(read base contac)whit the independet caracter,or only able to suport a model engaged in combat whit the independent caracter,may strike their blow against the independent  caracter. from chapter aproved 2003 page 59,the last sentence before Mostrous creature.
@lapiaz: Characters can allocate their attacks between UNITS that they are engaged with, and only independent characters count as units on their own. Squad characters quite immune in close combat.

Note that drazhar is NOT an independent character, he isn't even a character at all (at least according to my translation of the codex...).

jwu

Offline lapiaz

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2004, 08:56:48 PM »
 Astaroth , is true , I have the english codex.  and  they are all special caracter(page 33 codex state included whitin this section are several special caracters who are famous(or infaamous)). and in the BBB( no sure about this one , you always need permision to play whit special caracters. But when I read the entry of the caracters no one f them say that  I will need permision to use it in a game

Offline Peh POOT

• Spammer: Forum Idiot
  • Spamming Mon Keigh
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2004, 09:40:21 PM »
Special characters for DE work well pyschologically when it comes to fighting its like a talos they freak out and pour all they have into it. NEW RULES SUCK though makes our characters incredibly weak and vulnerable. The only good thing is not having to ask the other player if you can field them.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2004, 09:43:39 PM by GodKhaine »
He who will destroy the evil MODS.

Offline Poison Rose

• Greetings
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2004, 09:17:40 AM »
I love the Dark Eldar.  The history and dark evilness is absolutely great.  But who thinks that the models (such as Mandrakes, warriors, and wyches) look more like sado-bondage than actual evil?  Also, does anyone else have a problem against Imperial Guard?  The lack of ranged weapons and low armor make my army very....how do you say....weak.  I try to get into combat only to be gunned down by heavy bolters and lascannons.  Who else thinks that the Dark Eldar need to be re-vamped?  And re-designed?  also, anyone know of any news about GW not selling DE in their stores anymore? 
I am the Rose whose scent makes you happy, then sleepy, then dead

Offline Poison Rose

• Greetings
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2004, 09:20:42 AM »
What is it about GW and the Dark Eldar?  Do they have a grudge against them?  First, their armor is about as effective as hard chewing gum, some of the models (MANDRAKES!) are downright nasty, the high ponts costs, and no ranged weapons!  I just got back from GW and one of the employees jsut told me that because of the Eye of Terror campaign, their not going to sell DE in their stores anymore.  What they have in stock is the last. And then we have to buy them online.  Anyone know about this?
I am the Rose whose scent makes you happy, then sleepy, then dead

Offline DraconKhadect

• Whats that pen pen? A beer for me?
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2004, 10:14:06 AM »
What is it about GW and the Dark Eldar?  Do they have a grudge against them?  First, their armor is about as effective as hard chewing gum, some of the models (MANDRAKES!) are downright nasty, the high ponts costs, and no ranged weapons!  I just got back from GW and one of the employees jsut told me that because of the Eye of Terror campaign, their not going to sell DE in their stores anymore.  What they have in stock is the last. And then we have to buy them online.  Anyone know about this?

do i have to slap you?

obviously you are inforcing smurf tactics to dark eldar.

first our armour is light so we can fleet of foot. speed is our armour. and the dark eldar can imploy it to its full extent.

all models are down right nasty. archon on jetbikes mandrakes wyches you name it. dark eldar are very powerful but one little screw up on your part and they will be ripped apart. thats why speed is your armour.

no ranged weapons...NO RANGED WEAPONS?!?!?! i can take 12 dark lances in my army!!! what army are you playing?!?!  dark eldar can out shoot everyone but tau.

no its not cause the eye of terror its just cause gw is a money hungry greedy bastard who doesn't know how to please the consumer but build his own wallet cause he has us in his pocket....i mean they want to make more shelf space for smurfs.
The stunned and angry Briar snapped his hand out to grab the dark elfs arm. He never got close. Faster than Briar could react, Enteri snapped his hand on the barkeeps reahing arm, slamming it down on the bar. In the same fluid motion, the assasins other arm came, holding the jeweld dagger, and Enteri plunged it hard into the wooden shelf right between Briar's figners. The blood drained from his face. "If you persist there will be little left of your tavern"