News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: COMMUNITY CHAPTER  (Read 19595 times)

Offline Pat Khils

• Phantom Lord
  • Ancient
  • Silent Night, Bodom Night
    • Anton's Vault
Re:Community Chapter
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2003, 06:46:48 PM »
I think we should devide ourselves into companies, I'm willing to do one company.
So who ever wants to do Widowmakers can be assigned a company, and we are responcible for its indevidual fluff and maybe special colorscheme. I personally love the black and wraithbone color scheme like Ulthwe and I think it can go very well for the widowmakers. Ofcoarse I wont make them look like Black Templars, but more Ulthwe-ish.

s i m a n o v: portfolio | deviant art

tsalonich

« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2003, 07:02:08 PM »
I think we need One defining chapter for the Space marine website, though your idea does have merit Blood Mage.   What are other people's thoughts about this?

I currently working on another chapter concept that will hopefully incorporate the websites colors, but still retains the air of mystery.  
« Last Edit: August 29, 2003, 09:59:11 AM by Destecado »

Offline Sheepz

• Marshal: The beatings will continue until discipline improves!
  • Ancient
  • Getting away with murder.
« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2003, 07:11:34 PM »
I think they should be called "Angels of Darkness" and have a very deep green armour. Fluffwise they should be sucessors of the Ultramarines, whose Primarch, Gulliman, fought the traitor, Luthero, and was mortally wounded. The fallen space marines were scattered through time and space to become "Those who are very similar to Fallen" TWAVSTF, as they are known, are hunted by the Ultramarines and their successors. They also have an ancient feud with the Space wolves, due to a fight between Gulliman and Russ over who was the bigger idiot, which they both called a draw after onlookers were subject to a week of IQ tests. They have a comapny of bright blue terminators, called the Lifewing, the also have a company of yellow bikers called the Blackbirdwing. Both the Lifewing and the Blackbirdwing are dedicated to hunting down every last TWAVSTF. But there is one who eludes them everytime, his name is Rehpyc and he always wears a blue hoody, as if mocking the Lifewing. He carriers a master crafted laspistol and a master crafted lascannon, and a mysterious C'tan eggwhisk(Power Weapon). Such is his skill with the laspistol and the lascannon he can rapid fire them both, on the move. He may also join either Chaos or Imperial Guard armies and have a bodyguard of TWAVSTF at the points listed in the Chaos codex.

Offline Pat Khils

• Phantom Lord
  • Ancient
    • Anton's Vault
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2003, 07:13:44 PM »
Another good thing my idea has is that it gives a certain edge to one's personal interpertation of the widowmakers chapter.  Now say we do this and everyone who wants to has their own company assigned, and paint them their own way (not to stray off from the original), but it is important to keep the left and the right shoulder pad in its original color scheme with the widowmakers sign.

tsalonich

« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2003, 10:29:48 AM »
I think they should be called "Angels of Darkness" and have a very deep green armour. Fluffwise they should be sucessors of the Ultramarines, whose Primarch, Gulliman, fought the traitor, Luthero, and was mortally wounded. The fallen space marines were scattered through time and space to become "Those who are very similar to Fallen" TWAVSTF, as they are known, are hunted by the Ultramarines and their successors. They also have an ancient feud with the Space wolves, due to a fight between Gulliman and Russ over who was the bigger idiot, which they both called a draw after onlookers were subject to a week of IQ tests. They have a comapny of bright blue terminators, called the Lifewing, the also have a company of yellow bikers called the Blackbirdwing. Both the Lifewing and the Blackbirdwing are dedicated to hunting down every last TWAVSTF. But there is one who eludes them everytime, his name is Rehpyc and he always wears a blue hoody, as if mocking the Lifewing. He carriers a master crafted laspistol and a master crafted lascannon, and a mysterious C'tan eggwhisk(Power Weapon). Such is his skill with the laspistol and the lascannon he can rapid fire them both, on the move. He may also join either Chaos or Imperial Guard armies and have a bodyguard of TWAVSTF at the points listed in the Chaos codex.

um.........no.   Your sarcasm is funny, but not helpful in the current discussion.  Please by all means go ahead and make your Dark Angels...err Angels of Darkness Chapter.

Offline Flash_hound

« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2003, 10:55:58 AM »
I would be willing to work on a company!!!  It would be great  ;D

Offline Flash_hound

« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2003, 10:57:21 AM »
Sure I love the Idea of 10 people having there own company.... You can have the 1st company, Blood Mage will have the 2nd company, and, I will have the third company
« Last Edit: August 29, 2003, 11:02:44 AM by Flash_hound »

tsalonich

« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2003, 11:00:03 AM »
I would be willing to work on a company!!!  It would be great  ;D

So is that another vote for Widowmakers?  I wish they hadn't disapled polling on the 40k.ca site.  It would make things much easier.   Anyone else out there wish to cast their vote for community chapter.

Offline Flash_hound

« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2003, 11:15:07 AM »
I love the Idea and why did they disable polling?

tsalonich

« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2003, 01:03:58 PM »
I love the Idea and why did they disable polling?

Not sure why it is disabled.  BTW here is a third Chapter concept to consider when voting.  I'm still trying to nail down a name, but the basic working names are Snow Phoenix or Ice Phoenix.

The basic color scheme of the armor is the pale bluish gray used for Section headings on the main page of 40k.ca (i.e. General, Modelling, etc.)  The center of the shoulder pads and the imperial eagle on the armour is done in a warm yellowish orange or red orange color.  

This color scheme is of coures open to debate.   An alternate paint scheme would have the lower part of the legs and forarms done in white.   We may want to use this paint scheme to represent the first company.

The Ice Phoenix Chapter is a study in duality or in Yin and Yang for want of a more acurate term.   Phanuk, the world where they make their home, is is covered in cold mist shrouded glaciers  and stormy ice choaked seas.   Were it not for the Phanuk's intense thermal activity, it may have frozen over millenia ago.  

Phanuk is blessed with abundant hot springs and active volcanos.  Most life on the planet huddles around these oasises from the snow and ice.   Like the enviroment of the planet, the people are a study in contrats.  They are warm and cordial to others of their clan, but cool and mistrustful of outsiders.

The Ice Phoenix takes its name from a myth of the planet.  It is said that a bird of fire sleeps at the core of the planet.  When it stirs, the volcanos rumble and belch fire.   At times it streches forth its wings.   The auroras that appear in the higher latitudes are said to be the spread wings of the Phoenix.  Their cool fire lights the evening sky.

The myth has also given rise to a cult among the inhabitants of Phanuk, that has found its way into the Chapters cult.   The relation ship or war between fire and ice can be seen on a dailly basis.   Ice encroaches on the settlements to be melted by the warm air from the thermal vents.  This produces water which allows the people of Phanuk to exist.

Similarly Order trys to solidify and stratify everything.   Chaos, the great changer  trys to tear everything down.  It is at the point that these two meet, that life can exist.   There can be no existance without the struggle between order and chaos.  

Chaos is not to be feared or completely destroyed.  It must be understood and controlled.  

« Last Edit: September 2, 2003, 02:25:58 PM by Destecado »

Offline Flash_hound

« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2003, 04:13:48 PM »
I like the widowmaker one better  :D ;D
« Last Edit: August 30, 2003, 10:46:00 PM by Flash_hound »

Offline October 19th

« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2003, 04:33:35 PM »
I like the name Ice Phoenix.  I also like the colour scheme.  It seems to really represent their home planet.

I would like to see how it looks when completed.

Offline Sheepz

• Marshal: The beatings will continue until discipline improves!
  • Ancient
  • Getting away with murder.
« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2003, 07:28:09 PM »
It may look like salies, but for Ice Pheonix I think some nice Ice blue and whites, but with flames along the bottom of the legs and on the shoulderpad (Complete with bird coming out of it for chapter symbol) would look good...

Me thinking white helmets, maybe that ridge down the middle of some done blue, blue trim on pads, blue chest eagle, blue knees. White helmet, pack, pad (under the orange fire, as a backdrop) white thighs, groin, abdomen. Orange/fire on pads, and then calves/shins, feet, extending to knees, maybe including knees.

Offline Flash_hound

« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2003, 10:31:10 AM »
If we do take ice phoenix's we should still divide into companies... 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th and 10th

So far Destecado is 1st company, Blood Mage is 2nd company, and, I am 3rd company the reason Destecado is 1st company is because he came up with the Idea for community chapter  :D ;D

tsalonich

« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2003, 11:18:01 AM »
I'm not going to lay claim to any company at the moment.  It will be good just to have the Community Chapter up and running.  

Sheepz Eat Exarchs - That paint scheme sounds interesting.  i'd love to see some done up so that we can can get a better idea of what they look like.  I still think that the chest eagle should be done in orange, but maybe we can come to a compromise.

In the second Edition Ultramarines Codex, it stated that the Black Templars rather than displaying their company colors on their shoulder pads display it in the color of the imperial eagle on the chest of their armor.  

Maybe we can do something similar for the Snow Phoenix / Ice Phoenix Chapter (still trying to work on the name).  Perhaps the helmet for Veteran sgts also displays the company color.  

So for the first company it would be and Orange Imperial Eagle with an orange helm for veteran sgts.    we can descide on the colors for the other companies once we descide on the final color scheme for the armor.

I will try to do up several marines in proposed color schemes then we can post them and descide.

How does that sound?

Some modeling ideas....I was looking on ebay this mornig for some bits for conversions and came across these Dark Angel Shoulder pads, when it struck me.

DA Shoulder Pad

These would be perfect, with a little conversion of course as shoulder pads for our chapter.  The gaps between the bars that make up the wings could be filled in with a little putty to make additional feathers.   A little more putty on the hilt of the sword would make it look like a birds head.  
A little sculping on the sword blade would make it look like a large icicle or ice blade.  

Paint the wings in firey orange colors and the ice blade in ice blues and whites and voila, you have the chapter's symbol.

I was also looking at the old chaos back packs, like the ones on these figures:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3143451369&category=44118

If you shaved of the chaos symbols and then added some strips of plasticard on the curved arms leading up to the vents, you could make it look like wings coming off the backpack......This maybe time consuming, so unless your really adventerous or have alot of time on your hands, I'd recomend leaving these for Veteran Sgts or Commanders.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2003, 12:08:06 PM by Destecado »

Offline Pat Khils

• Phantom Lord
  • Ancient
    • Anton's Vault
« Reply #55 on: August 30, 2003, 06:52:36 PM »
I like the backpack idea.

The assigning of the companies will be done after we get a good foundation of this chapter and work everything out. Then we will distribute the companies. And thank you Flash_hound, 2nd company would be nice indeed for me.

Offline Grantah

• Smoke Me A Kipper Ill Be Back For Breakfast...
  • Armies: Black Templar, Imperial Guard
« Reply #56 on: August 31, 2003, 04:27:27 AM »
Wealth beyond measure outlander...

The idea of each person on 40k.ca taking a chapter is rather rediculas since there are only 10 chapters. (one of which is completely scouts). I think there are more than 10 eager players on this forum whom would to love to have their own company, and this would most likily result in arguements.

However... i double dibs 6th chapter!!!!
W      D      L
Black Templar:   4600pts
19     9       8      (RETIRED)

Imperial Guard:  2500pts
 2      3       2

Wealth beyond measure outlander..

member of the 40k.ca commissariate.

Offline Pat Khils

• Phantom Lord
  • Ancient
    • Anton's Vault
« Reply #57 on: August 31, 2003, 04:31:17 AM »
what you mean is company, not chapter.

Second, not everyone has to take one. Only the ones that realy want to, and have the right to have one. well not exactly the right, but you know what I mean I guess.

Offline Flash_hound

« Reply #58 on: August 31, 2003, 10:40:15 AM »
like the people who have been helping trying to come up with them.... though I believe I will only be writing fluff for my company....I dont own any Space Marine so I will probably paint my friends up like these......he does owe me...... O well......

Offline Flash_hound

« Reply #59 on: September 1, 2003, 01:27:07 PM »
Well So who agrees on what.... We need some more responses PLEASE