News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1850 Deathwing / Ravenwing  (Read 1432 times)

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
1850 Deathwing / Ravenwing
« on: January 1, 2016, 07:30:36 PM »
I've been fiddling with the codex for some time, but the release of the new FAQs has allowed me to build a list I've had in mind for a while.

Ravenwing Strike Force - 350pts
HQ
Librarian:  Bike, Force Stave, Lvl 2.  110pts

Fast Attack
4 Ravenwing Black Knights:  1 Ravenwing Grenade Launcher.  160pts

Ravenwing Darkshroud80pts

Deathwing Strike Force - 1500pts
HQ
Belial:  Thunder Hammer / Storm Shield.  190pts

Librarian:  Terminator Armour, Storm Bolter, Force Stave, Lvl 2.  120pts

Elites
Deathwing Command Squad
- Apothecary
- Champion
- Lightning Claws w/ Deathwing Standard
- 1x Storm Bolter / Power Fist
- 1x Assault Cannon / Power Fist. 
250pts

10 Deathwing Terminators
- Sergeant w/ Thunder Hammer / Storm Shield
- Lightning Claws w/ Cyclone Missile Launcher
- 1x Assault Cannon / Power Fist
- 7x Storm Bolter / Power Fist
470pts

5 Deathwing Terminators
- 3x Storm Bolter / Power Fist
235pts

5 Deathwing Terminators
- 3x Storm Bolter / Power Fist
235pts

Total Points:  1850
Model Count:  33

The deployment is very straight forward in that I have no choice what to do with the Terminators.  I know I will be completely boned against Tau, but there is not much I can do about that except pray for some decent LOS blocking terrain.
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline Spectral Arbor

• Major
  • Thanks for the help.
Re: 1850 Deathwing / Ravenwing
« Reply #1 on: January 1, 2016, 09:12:02 PM »
I recently played an 1850 point game against the new Tau, with little LOS blocking terrain. By the start of my second turn, I'd lost almost 1000 points [ The initiative was stolen, and I'd deployed aggressively :( ].

Thankfully, we had to call the game at the end of the 5th, and I still had 2 Assault Termies with a Librarian on the table. ;) I tied the game, 'cause Maelstrom.

To the list, the only thing that comes to mind is that I prefer Assault Cannons to Cyclones. Otherwise, it's terminator heavy which I've always had trouble making successful, though I've never tried Dark Angel variety, which seems to give a little more flexibility, which might work out better.

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
Re: 1850 Deathwing / Ravenwing
« Reply #2 on: January 1, 2016, 10:00:22 PM »
With normal Terminators, I can agree that Assault Cannons would be the superior choice.  However, with Deathwing I can have the CML on Terminators armed with Lightning Claws and have them split fire so I am not wasting any shots from the unit.

And being Terminator heavy is always a challenge, but that is partially why I enjoy playing Deathwing - the challenge.

As for the Tau, I've played against them once with my Harlequins.  Their ability to combine units to fire decimated my army because he effectively was able to negate Veil of Tears for his entire army.
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...