News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Liber Adeptus - Show us your Space Marines!  (Read 84922 times)

Offline rybnik

• Courage and Honour!
    • Personal W40K tournaments, battles and other events gallery
Re: Liber Adeptus - Show us your Space Marines!
« Reply #100 on: August 17, 2010, 05:58:46 PM »
Hi there, let me show you some of mine.

Courage and Honour!

Offline Captain jOE

« Reply #101 on: August 17, 2010, 11:14:04 PM »
Here is the start of my SM army called the Emerald knights. (lack of chapter insignia is intentional, it is a result of my fluff)

Some WIP scouts.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 10:12:04 AM by Captain jOE »

Offline Heir of Dorn

• Imperial Fists 3rd Company
« Reply #102 on: August 18, 2010, 03:21:15 AM »
Nice paint jobs everyone, I really enjoyed the Emerald Knights as well. Crisp and beautiful!

Here's the beginning of my scout squad that I've been working on...

« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 03:22:36 AM by Heir of Dorn »
Primarch-Progenitor, to your glory and the glory of him on earth!

Imperial Fists: W/L/D - 1/0/2

Offline Captain jOE

« Reply #103 on: August 18, 2010, 10:22:14 AM »
Looking good Heir of Dorn  8). I like the way you did the camo.

If you are open to sugggestions, I would only suggest that you tone down the yellow in the camo some with like a wash of devlan mud or something (I don't work with yellow much so if a better wash would work, go with that one.) because I think it stands out too much in a camo scheme. Also, I think if you and apply a wash of devland mud or baal red to the eagle to deepen shading it would look better as well.

Anyway, not trying to throw rain on your parade. I think they are looking really cool, I just think those few things could make them look even better.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 06:05:54 PM by Captain jOE »

Offline rybnik

• Courage and Honour!
« Reply #104 on: August 18, 2010, 04:01:37 PM »
Some of mine 2nd round...  :)

Courage and Honour!

Offline Heir of Dorn

« Reply #105 on: August 19, 2010, 03:05:08 AM »
Mm, thanks for the advice! However, both the eagle and the yellow parts are washed twice with Badab Black wash... Hmm, I have 5 more scouts so I guess I'll try it out next time ;)

Anyway, the yellow parts is there because they are Imperial Fists, and I want to pay some homage to the chapter while still doing the camo bit. I love your scouts, and Telion, but I think it's a bit silly not to camo paint them. And I'm not trying to be rude or anything, couldn't find a better word.

Then again, they're bolter scouts. Not as sneaky, eh? :) You could probably do with a few highlights on the blue parts, but they are way above most tabletop-quality models I've seen. Keep it up bro!

Offline rybnik

• Courage and Honour!
« Reply #106 on: August 19, 2010, 05:20:20 AM »
Hi, I agree. It is silly to have Scouts without camo. Every soldier especially Scouts want to be as much invisible as possible... in a real war...

But this is W40K world and as I read somewhere The SM keep their chapter colors on to show that we are what we are.. the finest among all, the Space Marines. But I agree that it is silly not to cover resp. use camo.

Well, I am also sure that Scouts are not idiots, so they probably make own self-made camo (mud, leaves, etc.). I try to equip each Scout with Camo Cloak to represent...  ;) camo... (you know, there are some camo cloaks in packed form on the sprue.

Highlights, I don like it, I prefer dark dirty Scout without light and shinning part of painting. A lot of players told me to do HLS. May be next time. But thnx for Telion and Scouts comment.
Courage and Honour!

Offline Captain jOE

« Reply #107 on: August 19, 2010, 10:37:59 AM »
d
Mm, thanks for the advice! However, both the eagle and the yellow parts are washed twice with Badab Black wash... Hmm, I have 5 more scouts so I guess I'll try it out next time ;)

Anyway, the yellow parts is there because they are Imperial Fists, and I want to pay some homage to the chapter while still doing the camo bit. I love your scouts, and Telion, but I think it's a bit silly not to camo paint them. And I'm not trying to be rude or anything, couldn't find a better word.

Then again, they're bolter scouts. Not as sneaky, eh? :) You could probably do with a few highlights on the blue parts, but they are way above most tabletop-quality models I've seen. Keep it up bro!

Looking back at your scouts, I guess the red eagle was shaded just fine, maybe the highlight didn't show up well in the picture or you need a starker edge highlight. Anyway, the yellow makes sense now because they are Emp fists. I'm sure the yellow wouldn't really stand out at all once accompanied by the rest of your army (because all of the models would then tie into each other), so I don't know if you really need to tone it done with that in mind. But anyway, its up to you.

Hopefully I'm being helpful, I'm just trying to give advice from my limited pool of painting knowledge. So take my advice with a grain of salt.

lol my scouts won't have camo either, they are going to have green armour, bleached bone cloth, and a white left shoulder pad and bandanna. I guess I see it like rybnik. In reality everything in the game should be camoed to fit the terrain. but its not  ::)

@rybnik your scout look really good, I would just reiterate the need to highlight the blue some.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 10:49:55 AM by Captain jOE »

Offline rybnik

• Courage and Honour!
« Reply #108 on: August 19, 2010, 11:52:31 AM »
There is only one chance, guys! Let's buy beer-keg, meet at one's garage  and we can discuss colors, highlights and other W40K stuff.  ;D (don't tell anybody but i probably can not do highlights  ;D ;D ;D )
Courage and Honour!

Offline Heir of Dorn

« Reply #109 on: August 19, 2010, 03:26:27 PM »
I'd love to meet up, but I live in Sweden (land of polar bears) so it's probably way out of the way...!

:D

Offline rybnik

• Courage and Honour!
« Reply #110 on: August 19, 2010, 06:05:45 PM »
Not so far away, I am from the Czech Republic. Good Old Europe  ;D

Courage and Honour!

Offline Heir of Dorn

« Reply #111 on: August 19, 2010, 07:05:28 PM »
Europe is the way to go! I wish I had more pics, but I'm only just starting :/ do you live near Prague? I'm thinking of going there! =P

Offline Dark_Zadok

• Necrontyr Warrior
  • With Faith comes Fire
« Reply #112 on: August 23, 2010, 10:43:45 AM »
Ok Hopefully this works...(it did!)
These are some of my models from my Custom chapter the 'Guardian Angels'

Dreadnaught:

Tactical Squad:

Sgt Vaan:

Landraider:
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 10:50:52 AM by Dark_Zadok »

Offline rybnik

• Courage and Honour!
« Reply #113 on: August 23, 2010, 12:21:54 PM »

Ok, does your chapter have any fluff? What Codex do you use?

Well,  The best thing is when a player is trying to get Full Paint. It is really strange to play against gray plastic army. Respect to your trying. Honestly you need to improve your painting skills. Keep working, progress will come!  ;) Get more info about dry brushing, washing, etc. Use fine detail brush etc. As I said better to paint as good as you can than play gray only miniatures. :) Keep working.
Courage and Honour!

Offline Dark_Zadok

• Necrontyr Warrior
  • With Faith comes Fire
« Reply #114 on: August 23, 2010, 02:11:56 PM »

Ok, does your chapter have any fluff? What Codex do you use?

Yeah, i've written a whole back ground to them, fluff'd them out (one of the best parts of making a custom chapter!), and i use C:SM.

D/Z

Offline rybnik

• Courage and Honour!
« Reply #115 on: August 23, 2010, 03:43:44 PM »
Once upon a time I realized that i know only one color... Ultramarines Blue (wel... I use Mordian Blue exactly). I decided to create own chapter too. I was googling, reading, asking how to write fluff, what mistakes and cliches could happen. I left the idea of own chapter... Later then I found some chapters which are not so known. And I decided to animate my Ultramarines  by adding a codex chapter. The Silver Skulls! This chapter and Ultramarines have that kind of fluff which allows me to play both chapters in one army (roster). Read The Zeist Campaign fluff (SM Codex or http://www.lexicanum.com ). Pics are very bad, sorry for this I ll try to take some better.

Courage and Honour!

Offline Dark_Zadok

• Necrontyr Warrior
  • With Faith comes Fire
« Reply #116 on: September 4, 2010, 01:49:25 PM »
Here's been my latest "work".

Creating a Commander with a jump pack, and making him look the Leader of the 'Guardian Angels'.
He is yet to be painted, but this is how he's turned out so far:

Commander - Front

Commander - Back

D/Z

Offline bat

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #117 on: October 13, 2010, 03:41:05 PM »
hi everybody,

here is the first tac squad of my custom-chapter "Gahmurets Pride". They are BT-Successors , with a custom Background. I decided to go this way, cause i love the look and feel of the Templars, but they are to CC-oriented for what I want to play right now.
I know I have to get better, but for the first minis I have painted after a ten year break, its not too bad.

and their Brother Sergeant "Gawan"

« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 03:43:36 PM by bat »

Offline wellard

• Master Gunner
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #118 on: October 13, 2010, 04:44:31 PM »
well here is mine, still playing about with chapter name and symbol,

chapter master,

my dreadnought

Jim
They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old. Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn. At the going down of the sun and in the morning.

We will remember them

Offline Radec

• Armies: Chaos Daemons, Genestealer Cults (soon, yess soon)
« Reply #119 on: October 25, 2010, 06:21:28 AM »
Here are mine. Don't let the red/yellow theme and Vulkan fool you -  they're neither Blood Angels not Salamanders descendant chapter ;) (Vulkan's just a chapter master). Overall I'm a very crappy painter but I do my best to give my opponents the pleasure of playing against fully painted WYSIWYG army.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 06:25:39 AM by Radec »