News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 2000 pt. assault army (would this get killed at tourneys?)  (Read 379 times)

Offline phoneixlord

I don't really have that much experience playing horde armies, and I have never played at any tourneys, so I was wondering if this list doesn't have the firepower to deal with the massed amount of troops that horde armies can bring, and if this would just get destroyed at a tournament. Any comments or suggestions would be more than welcomed.

Chaplin
w/ jump pack, plasma pistol, melta bombs, homer             145 pts

10x assault marines
2x plasma pistols
vet w/ power fist                                                         260 pts

8x scouts
7x sniper rifles
1x heavy bolter                                                            105 pts

8x scouts
vet w/ power weapon, homer                                        93 pts

8x veterans w/ infiltrate, pistol and ccw
1x power fist
1x melta gun
vet w/ power fist, homer                                               214 pts

10x tac marines
1x melta gun
rhino w/ smoke, armor                                                   218 pts

6x tac marines
1x lascannon
razor back w/ lascannon, armor                                        200 pts

5x space marine bikes
1x melta gun
vet w/ homer                                                                190 pts

predator annihilator
w/ heavy bolter sponsons, armor                                      135 pts

2x landspeeder tornado
w/ assault cannons                                                         160 pts

6x terminators
2x assault cannons                                                          280 pts

I have not had a chance to play test this army, but i think its pretty balanced and i could use several different types of assault tactics, i'm just not sure which would be the most effective.

Offline Wuestenfux

• Veteran Force Commander
  • Ancient
  • Calculator of Off-Chances
Re: 2000 pt. assault army (would this get killed at tourneys?)
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 02:25:08 AM »
At tournaments you will mostly encounter Iron Warriors and Eldar these days, not very many horde armies.
The army has a mix of everything (numbers, firepower, mobility) and this can be crucial at tournaments.

Offline phoneixlord

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 03:34:10 AM »
yeah i wanted to make an army that was well balanced but also was edged more towards assauslting. i think that the army as a whole could pull off a pincer type attack with the assualting scouts and veterans on one side and be supported by the bikes or one of the tac squads for fire support or both. i really need to play test it, i also thought about using scout bikes to tie up a unit on the first turn, but then again i need to try this list out. 

Offline Wuestenfux

• Veteran Force Commander
  • Ancient
  • Calculator of Off-Chances
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2007, 05:37:09 AM »
5x space marine bikes
1x melta gun
vet w/ homer                                                                190 pts
Indeed, a full Scout Bike squad (incl. Vet Serg w/ power fist, melta bombs) would be more effective in this army.