News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1000 point beginner's list-need tweaking help  (Read 1186 times)

Offline Qoppa

• Newest
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
1000 point beginner's list-need tweaking help
« on: September 21, 2012, 11:51:47 AM »
Long story short: I bought the tyranid battleforce late last year, and I've been sitting on it for awhile. Now I'm free for one of the local shop's 40k nights, and I really want to start playing a game with my 'nids...but I'd like some advice on what I've worked out so far, and where to go from here. I used a GW 'getting started' list building page as a starting point and tried messing around with it based on reading lists elsewhere. The basic list:

Hive Tyrant
-2x TLD w/ brain worms
-Old Adversary
-Wings
-Hive commander

Carnifex
-2x twin-linked
-Toxin
-Frag spines

Hormagaunts x 16
- Toxin sacs

Termagants x 12

Warriors x 3
-deathspitters

Genestealers x 8

Termagants x 16

Possible issues I see here: I don't hear much good about the warriors, especially in a trio. I'm considering modding them into hive guard, in which case I'd have 2x hive guard in there versus the warriors. I'm also considering which big beastie to go for next. I hear good things about the tervigon, but that would require a few more boxes of termagants, and I'm trying to keep costs low for the time being. I've also been eyeballing the trygon, simply because it's a beautiful model. Of course, the thing I probably should get first and foremost is the 6th ed rulebook, but right now I'm just focused on army building. :P