1 (16.7%)
Seen better
2 (33.3%)
Bad
0 (0%)
Down Right Shocking!!!
2 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Author Topic: 1,000 pt SoB Army  (Read 1882 times)

Order of the Wolf

1,000 pt SoB Army
« on: November 12, 2002, 11:56:08 PM »
What do u think of my 1,000 pt SoB army for against Deathwing???

Canoness (45 pts) with Power Weapon (+10 pts), Plasma Pistol (+10 pts), Book of St. Lucius (+10 pts), & Rosarius (+25 pts).
Total: 100 pts

Celestian Bodyguard (x10) (12 pts ea) with Bolters. One Celestian armed with Multi-Melta (+25 pts), & one armed with Meltagun (+10 pts). Sister Superior upgraded to Veteran Sister Superior (+10 pts), one Celestian upgraded to Banner Bearer & given Sacred Banner (+20 pts), one upgraded to Sister Hospitaller & given a Medicus Ministorum (+20 pts). All Sisters swapped Bolters with Bolt Pistol & Power Weapon (+9 pts).
Total: 256 pts

Elites
   Priestly Delegation (mixed pts). 2 Confessors (45 pts ea) & 2 Preachers (10 pts ea). All given Bolt Pistols (+1 pt ea), Power Weapons (+10 pts ea), Carapace Armour (+10 pts ea) & one Confessor given Krak Grenades (+2 pts).
Total: 196 pts

Troops
   3x Battle Sisters Squad (x10) (10 pts ea) with Bolters. Sister Superior upgraded to Veteran Sister Superior (+10 pts) & swapped Bolter with Bolt Pistol & Power Weapon (+9 pts), all given Frag Grenades (+1 pt ea) & 2 Battle Sisters given Meltaguns (+10 pts ea).
Total: 149 pts ea

Grand Total: 999 pts

The Confessor with the Krak Grenades is with one of the Battle Sisters squad, other Confessor with HQ , & Preachers are with the other 2 Battle Sister Squads

Offline Archon Xanath

• RTFM
Re:1,000 pt SoB Army
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2002, 07:27:22 AM »
You dropped half your points on a single squad?

I think that if the DW player has half a brain, he'll eat you alive.

Stick to preachers, leave the bodyguard at home, and get some retributors with heavy bolters.

Your 1000pts has 45 models, that's better than some armies, Space Marines, etc, but it's pitiful for Sisters.  For my 1000pt list, I have 58 models so far, and I'm only up to 920.

AX

Offline Colonel N. T. Iquacu

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2002, 08:37:23 AM »
I def agree, drop the body guard, get some more troops in there.  You dont have enough firepower to take on DW with your models.  Numbers is what you need to win against those boys. :(

Volren

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2002, 09:49:34 PM »
Hold on, you have over 250 points placed in a command squad in a 1k army? Not only that, but a command squad that will have to walk across the board into a force of Deathwing?
A Cyclone Missile Launcher can make dog food out of that squad, and if they make it through the massive amount of fire Terminators can put out, they'll walk right into powerfists wielded by a Stubborn enemy.
Also, unless the SoB have special rules for multi-meltas, you can't even fire the one in your Celestian squad while moving.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2002, 09:52:31 PM by Anargo »

Sisters of Battle

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2002, 02:30:47 AM »
How about this one???

HQ
   Canoness (45 pts) with Power Weapon (+10 pts), Plasma Pistol (+10 pts), Purity Seals (+5 pts) & Rosarius (+25 pts).
Total: 95 pts

Elites
   5 Preachers (10 pts ea). All given Bolt Pistols (+1 pt ea), Power Weapons (+10 pts ea), Carapace Armour (+10 pts ea)..
Total: 155 pts

Troops
   5x Battle Sisters Squad (x10) (10 pts ea) with Bolters. 2 Battle Sisters given Meltaguns (+10 pts ea).
Total: 120 pts ea

Heavy Support
   Retributor Squad (x5) (10 pts ea) with Bolters. 4 Battle Sisters given Multi-Melta (+25 pts ea).
Total: 150 pts

Grand Total: 1000 pts
Faith Points: 7
Models in army: 61

Offline Archon Xanath

• RTFM
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2002, 01:52:24 PM »
Much, much better.

However, I'm not sure the preachers need power weapons or armor.  Divine guidance is about as effective as a S3 power weapon, and due to the majority save rules, they can't take any hits until the 3+ armor Sisters are gone.  Armor's really only worth it if they have plasma pistols.  Otherwise they tend to fry themselves.  :)

The Retributors are an interesting idea.  If you can screen them with the battle sisters until the Rets get in position to use their MM's, they can really dice up some Terminators with those.

Only other suggestion I have now is Redemptionists.  If you can afford to put together some, a squad of 20 w/ Redemptor Priest will do a number on some Terminators in assault with The Passion, Divine Guidance, and 4 Chainfists.

Good luck.

AX

Sisters of Battle

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2002, 05:32:15 PM »
Would a Seraphim Squad be any good??? I've gotten rid of the Armour & Power weapons on the Preachers, gotten another one, & I have 83 pts left, what should I use the points on???

Sisters of Battle

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2002, 06:51:22 PM »
What do u think about this army???

HQ
   Canoness (45 pts) with Power Weapon (+10 pts), Plasma Pistol (+10 pts), Purity Seals (+5 pts) & Rosarius (+25 pts).
Total: 95 pts

Elites
   7x Preachers (10 pts ea). All given Bolt Pistols (+1 pt ea), Close Combat Weapons (+1 pt ea).
Total: 84 pts

Troops
   5x Battle Sisters Squad (x10) (10 pts ea) with Bolters. Sister Superior swapped Bolter with Bolt Pistol & Close Combat Weapon, & 2 Battle Sisters given Meltaguns (+10 pts ea).
Total: 120 pts ea
   Battle Sisters Squad (x5) (10 pts ea) with Bolters. Sister Superior swapped Bolter with Bolt Pistol & Close Combat Weapon, & 2 Battle Sisters given Meltaguns (+10 pts ea).
Total: 70 pts

Fast Attack

Heavy Support
   Retributor Squad (x5) (10 pts ea) with Bolters. 4 Battle Sisters given Multi-Melta (+25 pts ea).
Total: 150 pts

Grand Total: 999 pts

Stuff
   Models in Army: 68
   Faith Points: 9

Volren

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2002, 02:50:21 PM »
Much better. Lots and lots of 3+ save models will make life hell for the Deathwing unless they get into CC, in which case they'll most probably scythe down your Sisters.

Offline FrozenFury

• Demon llama! Demon llama where?!
    • The Zone
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2002, 08:48:58 PM »
I like the army.  I'm sorta partial to Seriphims so it'd be nice to fit some in there (good for flexable battle lines against slow termies).  But if you don't have the points...it happens.  Lookn' good though.
A word to the wise is useless.  It's the stupid ones that need the advice!

If electrons make electricity, then to morons make morality?...