News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Order Modeling  (Read 1753 times)

Offline SparqMan

• Pimpmaster General
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Read the Codex.
    • The Daily Jolt
Order Modeling
« on: November 12, 2002, 07:57:42 PM »
How do you signify the members of different special Sisters within the retinues? Sister Famulous, etc. how do you make them look different?

Offline SparqMan

• Pimpmaster General
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Read the Codex.
    • The Daily Jolt
Re:Order Modeling
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2002, 07:58:03 PM »
By "you" I actually mean individually, not the collective "you" that most people ask with. =D

Offline Archon Xanath

• RTFM
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2002, 07:31:50 AM »
I have no idea yet.  I don't plan to add a Celestian bodyguard until I get up to 1500pts, and I'm still working on purchasing and assembling the models for 500.

However, in the 10 seconds it took me to type this, I think that I might attempt some conversions like the following:

Sister Hospitaller - Apothecary-like color-scheme and converted medicus ministorum.

Sister Dialogus - Big open book in one hand, bolter in the other.  Probably use the Sister Superior with the outstretched hand.

Imagifer - A big holy censer type thing swinging from one hand, perhaps even get ambitious and model some smoke/incense coming from it with modelling putty and/or cotton wool.

Sister Famulous - That's the difficult one, as she's really not any different from a Celestian Sister Superior.  If you really felt the need, perhaps a little black book in her hand or something (like an address book).

AX

Offline FrozenFury

• Demon llama! Demon llama where?!
    • The Zone
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2002, 10:41:17 PM »
One that I have done for a sister Hospitaller involves the "syringe" tubes from fabious bile.  It makes her look all medical-like.
A word to the wise is useless.  It's the stupid ones that need the advice!

If electrons make electricity, then to morons make morality?...

Offline Tobab816

• Chaos Warmaster, Promoter of Deathball!
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2002, 10:57:48 PM »
My Sister Famulous has various IG items on her.
A small IG insignia on her cloak(down on her legs), a curved sword in a scabbard and a small headband.

The Sister Hospitalier has a medikit and white shouldpads(unlike the rest of my army which has red shoulderpads).

I don't have a sister Dialogus, Standardbearer or Imagifier.
Deathball, the new game of bloody basketball, 40k style!

+++Excerpt from Last Chaos/Space marine game, commentator: Inquisitor Khalheed "The Purgator" Qhor, Ex-Deathball player+++

Chaos vs Space Marine grudgematch today ended 23-19 when Brother Grazieel decimated the chaos team with a heavy bolter.

Afterwards the Chaos Coach Zhuriel the Damned stated "If we weren't ideologically in favor of cheating we'd complain about this""
+++End of transmission+++

Offline ValkorisZ

• My death vindicates my purpose
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2002, 11:09:57 PM »
I don't know much about sisters, but I have played Starcraft: Brood War, and when I picture a power armored apothecary, the Medic comes to mind. So here is some advice (don't take it if you don't want it.) Get a Normal Space Marine body, and replace the head with a SOB one. Make some robes out of putty or Green Stuff (shouldn't be that hard) and attach it to the model below the belt (if you look at the model, you will know what I am talking about.)

Then paint it white, add some Red Crosses here or there, some gold in little parts, and give her a syringe or some other little accessiories.

My 2 cents for free.
The spell of arms and voices: the white arms of roads, their promise of close embraces
and the black arms of tall ships that stand against the moon, their tale of distant nations.
They are held out to say: We are alone."--James Joyce

Offline Tobab816

• Chaos Warmaster, Promoter of Deathball!
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2002, 03:09:05 AM »
The spacemarine body is too big. Better to just paint a regular sister figure in apothecary colors and add some medpacks and stuff.
Deathball, the new game of bloody basketball, 40k style!

+++Excerpt from Last Chaos/Space marine game, commentator: Inquisitor Khalheed "The Purgator" Qhor, Ex-Deathball player+++

Chaos vs Space Marine grudgematch today ended 23-19 when Brother Grazieel decimated the chaos team with a heavy bolter.

Afterwards the Chaos Coach Zhuriel the Damned stated "If we weren't ideologically in favor of cheating we'd complain about this""
+++End of transmission+++