News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Adeptus Praeses?  (Read 1262 times)

Offline -The Reaper-

• Ordo Punkus - Emo Hunters
Adeptus Praeses?
« on: September 14, 2006, 01:46:08 PM »
Afternoon,

Was thinking about some background fluff for my DIY space marine chapter The Prodigal Sons. Basically i want to find out more about the Adeptus Praeses, 20 chapters with the un-enviable task of guarding the EOT. I know there was twenty to begin with, i know a few of the chapters that make up this secretive founding..

Anything else you could add? (when?,where?,how?... Seriously, anything would be a bonus.)

Cheers,

Reaper.

Offline Magus_42

• Deathwing Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
Re: Adeptus Praeses?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2006, 02:18:44 PM »
It's the "Astartes Praeses".

From what I've read, the Astartes Praeses aren't a "founding", they are just a group of chapters from various foundings assigned to guard the EoT. For example, the White Consuls are listed as Astartes Praeses, and they are 2nd founding successor of the Ultramarines. The other known Praeses chapters aren't 2nd founding. There's no official fluff on this, but one could imagine that the White Consuls were the first Praeses, left by the Ultramarines to guard the Caidan gate, and the other chapters were added a few at a time in subsequent foundings. I imagine most of them would have been founded after the 1st Black Crusade.

Offline [dixon]

• I pretend to be other users
  • BANNED
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006, 04:01:30 PM »
Actually, the Liber Chaotica specifically mentions a founding after the First Black Crusade to guard the Cadian Gate/EoT in general.  Who they were isn't stated though, seeing as the book is set in the Fantasy world.
I pretended to be other members, and finally got BANNED

Offline TheOnlySpiral

• Keeper of the Book of Salvation; Last of the Timelords
  • Ancient
  • Returned from the Immaterium
  • Armies: Deathwing
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2006, 03:40:41 AM »
You have quite a bit of free reign here with your fluff.  Is your chapter pure in the face of Chaos? Have they become brutal and violent hardliners in order to combat the taint of the warp? Perhaps they have made more than one deal with the devil in their time in order to keep going.  Or perhaps they have turned entirely.  Right now you have a blank page to fill with your fluff.  Enjoy it! The battle to keep the Cadian Gate is a rich tapestry to build on. 
Quote from: David Holland
The Point of the Game is to be Playing it.

Quote from: Devern, The Unsung Hero
Actually, it pains me to say this, but Spiral is right.