News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Dark Angels  (Read 2903 times)

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • From the Fourth Necromantic House
Dark Angels
« on: December 3, 2017, 02:11:15 PM »
As promised before Christmas - Dark Angels.
Coming Soon: The Hunt Begins Anew - Warhammer Community

The Lion and the Wolf is just hilarious.
Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
Re: Dark Angels
« Reply #1 on: December 3, 2017, 02:23:14 PM »
So take a Lone Wolf to make the Deathwing Knight Sergeant a beast?  I'm down for that from a gamer point of view.  From a fluff point of view, being encouraged to take Space Wolves with my Dark Angels infuriates me lol
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 3, 2017, 02:25:34 PM »
"Hold on a minute, I need to make some of my lads commit suicide. Won't be a tick."

Edit: A bit more nitty gritty including Grim Resolve.
Chapter Focus: Dark Angels - Warhammer Community
« Last Edit: December 4, 2017, 12:58:19 PM by The GrimSqueaker »
Drink
Knights Tippler

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2017, 03:02:52 PM »
So GML, how are you liking this new look at the lads?
Drink
Knights Tippler

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2017, 04:34:05 PM »
I am happy with it!

I went through my collection and saw that there are decent price drops pretty much across the board, with the only thing getting hit with an increase beings the Land Raider Crusader.

The Stratagems, which are really what make armies in this edition, are all fantastic and fluffy.  Including a squad of 10 Deathwing Terminators to take advantage of the Deathwing Assault stratagem is very tempting, despite it being expensive.

It definitely isn't anything ground shaking, but it makes the Dark Angels viable.  I've already got lists written up for Deathwing, Ravenwing, and a combined arms army.

I am particularly a fan that Sammael on Sableclaw and the Talon Master are both characters that no longer / don't have the caveat that they can still be shot at. 
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2017, 07:03:23 PM »
The lesser known Orders that the community page mentioned sounded interesting if along the same general motif.
Secret Orders of the Dark Angels - Warhammer Community

Drink
Knights Tippler

Offline Chaplain Swordwind

• Infinity Circuit | Painboy
  • Faith is my shield, the Wailing Doom is my sword!
    • Click here for generic Math-Hammer tool.
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2017, 03:52:57 AM »
I am particularly a fan that Sammael on Sableclaw and the Talon Master are both characters that no longer / don't have the caveat that they can still be shot at.

I noticed this as well.  Incidentally, I was browsing GW's page looking to price some of the models, I didn't see anything that resembled the Talon Master or Sammael on Sabelclaw... how would you go about modeling these?
"CHEESE!" is the battlecry of the unprepared.

Join the Swordwind!

My Eldar Project

Chaplain Swordwind is right about, ehm...everything.

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2017, 09:43:47 AM »
I'm pretty sure the dark angels landspeeder kit has the parts for Sammy in the kit.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2017, 07:30:43 PM »
I don't know if there is a specific kit for it that comes with the land speeders, but the Ravenwing Upgrade sprue has the parts needed to make the two models.  Really it is just doubling up on the heavy weapons.
I knew I had fans!!!