News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: My AOD writeup...  (Read 364 times)

Offline Antyrael

• Arena of Death GM
My AOD writeup...
« on: June 25, 2005, 07:11:58 PM »
Here's something that I wrote for the Warseer.com Arena of Death.  For those of you who don't know, it's a game where you design a character and then you have somebody else roll your character against somebody else's and write a story about the fight.  If it didn't have warseer written all over it, I'd suggest we do it here.  I'm giving advertizing to the competition, I should be shot :D

Tyranid05 - Al Ovadaplace, Imperial Guardsman  (armed with demo-charge, lasgun)
vs
Son of Morkai - Lord Whiff, Ordeo Malleus Inquisitor  (scourging power, power sword, and icon of the just-4++)

*Al stood up, and walked towards the enormous double doors. Light shone through the cracks, the first light Al had seen since he was taken. It will end here, Al knew, one way or another. The torture he had lived through for months was nearing it's end. He would die, or he would be elevated above the prisoners around him as a champion of this abhorrent sport.

The doors swung open, and Al walked out and stared across the Arena. His opponent had just entered from the opposite doors, clad in armor and ornate weaponry. This was the one they called Whiff. His entire squad had been systematically slaughtered by this inquisitor. Al would give him hell, that much he knew. They each saluted Antaeus, sitting atop his throne at the head of the arena and paced towards each other, stopping ten yards apart. Whiff grinned, something that brought a smile to Al's face as well. His brother had been Whiff's previous challenger, and had ripped off Whiff's entire jaw, which was now entirely bionic.

"Begin!" roared Antaeus.

Whiff brought two fingers to his head, his other hand streached out towards Al. The crackle of arcane lightning surrounded Whiff, becoming increasingly bright as his concentration became more complete. Al knew he had little time, and took his demolition charge from his pack, activated and threw it as he charged towards the Inquisitor. The charge was nowhere near the mark. Al cursed himself for his horrific throw and drew his lasgun, letting out a deafening cry that drowned out the yells for blood coming from the croud. Whiff vowed to make Al's death painful as the lightning dissappated, his concentration broken by the shrapnel and the insane guardsman, fearlessly sprinting towards him. "Why do these men not just accept their fate?" he wondered as he drew his power sword.

Whiff struck, using a downward chop that Al sidestepped at the last second. Al spun, dodging a second attack from the Inquisitor, this one smashing into the ground just behind him. Again Whiff struck, using an upward slash that cut across Al's chest. Al's flak armor was breached, but his backward momentum left only a shallow cut across his chest. Al saw his chance and rolled under a fourth blow from his opponent, thrusting his bayonett at the inquisitor's chest as he came up. As his blade found it's target, he was blown back by an energy field. "Your fate is sealed", Whiff told him, "why should you defeat me, when I have slain beasts that would drive you insane with a single glance?".

Whiff again went on the offensive, his practiced battle skill was forgotten, and he slashed at Al with unparalelled fury. Al dodged blow after blow, cheating certain death by millimeters. A quick thrust forced Al to parry with his lasgun. The power sword cut the gun in half, and a whine that Al knew well began eminating from the back half of his rifle. He threw the gun at Whiff just as the power generator overload was complete. The gun exploded as Al dove onto the ground and covered his head. He quickly regained his footing and waited for the smoke to clear. After several seconds the battered form of Whiff stumbled out of the cloud of dust, his face destroyed and blood pouring from countless holes in his armor. "You think you have won, foolish Guardsman?" Whiff managed between gasps, "Who are you to one such as me? I will enjoy presenting your skull to Antaeus."

The power sword struck again and again. Al dodged and spun, trying desparately to remain out of the path of the weapon. Whiff got closer and closer, advancing with every swing. Whiff sliced sideways, quickly bringing it to an overhand chop as Al tried to jump back from the first blow. The sword severed Al's hand, and in one fluid motion, Whiff spun around and buried his power sword in Al's stomach. Whiff's eyes met those of his victim, and Whiff saw the desparation and helplessness he had seen on countless enemies on countless battlefields. Al knew his fate was sealed. Whiff took two steps back and glanced up at Antaeus. Antaeus extended his hand, raising his thumb towards the sky.

Whiff quickly closed again with Al, slicing downward, taking off his other hand. His second attack made a cut across Al's left thigh and now Whiff became a blur of movement, circling around Al, his sword moving with such speed that none in the croud could make out the individual strikes. Whiff's frenzy continued, circling his foe many more times, his blade coming back and fourth in a flury of attacks. Finally he stopped in front of Al. Whiff spat in his opponent's face, and with one stroke, he decapitated the Guardsman. Al's body fell apart. What was once a proud servant of the Emperor was now a pile of a hundred gory chunks of flesh, barely even recognizable as a man. Whiff picked up the head of his fallen enemy and raised it high, basking in the cheering of the croud around him.

Whiff glanced at Antaeus, who nodded his approvel. Antaeus stood, grinning broadly. "FATALITY!" he boomed. The croud stood on their feet, the thunder of their applause nearly blowing Whiff down. He walked back towards the doors he had entered from, trusting that the mess he had left would be cleaned before his next battle.

Congradulations Son of Morkai, you did better than my stupid Kroot Shaper 

Antyrael
Join the 40konline Arena of Death