News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Nid vs Nid match 2nd game of tournament 1500pts  (Read 864 times)

Offline vsurma

• I *LOVE* EO and 40K.ca
Nid vs Nid match 2nd game of tournament 1500pts
« on: April 25, 2005, 04:35:58 PM »
I was just at a tournament yesterday with my nids, 2nd game was against another nid player.
You prob already know pretty much what my lists look like but here is what I had yesterday.

2*winged tyrant (everything) duel talons, implant attack, warp blast
2*16 S4 init5 gaunts (node + lashwhip)
19 gargoyles (3*rending)
10*rippers (4*rending +lashwhip)
3 Biovores (bio-acid)
Old One Eye (just had to try him out)

Enemy had
winged tyrant
VC tyrant
CC Fex
VC fex
5*Warriors rending/talon (all morphs, no implant attack)
2*20 spinegaunts (2*rending)
1*20 hormagaunts(3*rending)
2 biovores (ALL mines!!! wtf)

At first I was worried about the 4 monsters he had as opposed to only 3 I had.
Game was rather interesting:
I won´t really bother with Cover suffice to say the enemies horms and winged tyrant didnt attack before they did because they had to run around a large house (or fly) which slowed them down, I tried to use cover to ensure rippers Init10 attacks but ofcourse he didnt assualt them Smile nor did cover save anyone from shooting so I won´t bother.
He won first turn.

He shot at me with for a few turns killing a few horms and trying VCs at my TMCs but did nothing. then the real game started in cc.

His warriors charged One of my tyrants in turn 2 (his turn 2) they rending the tyrant to death and the tyrant only took 2 with him, after this they where easily killed by a group of horms the warriors had also charged (he was forced to charge them as they where protecting my tyrant.

So I was left with 1 tyrant and init 2 OOE, crap!
Tyrant and OOE charges spinegaunts with a horm brood, SPINEGAUNTS!!! I had like 600pts fighting 112pts of gaunts. 1 damn spinegaunt is out of my kill zone!!! 1!!! 1 spinegaunt pinns my tyrant, OOE and my horms for a devastating Counter attack (well it could have been) damn spinegaunt!!!!

He counter charges a tyrant and fex into my tyrant, all is lost? nah
My tyrant with his supperior WS (ok all tyrants had ws6 but still!) he manages to do 2 wounds onto a tyrant and take NONE from both the fexs and tyrants attacks on him!
My gaunts wipe out his gaunts!

After consolidation I have both my OOE and my tyrant on his tyrant and he also has a fex on my tyrant. I decide to split my tyrants attacks on his tyrant and fex but only do 2 wounds to his fex, none on tyrant, his tyrant kills my OOE in 1 go. but before OOE goes down he has just enough time to say I´ll BE BACK!!!! The fex attacks my tyrant but does nothing! lol.

On his turn I split my attacks on the tyrant and fex and downed his tyrant, his tyrant did 2 wounds on me and the fex finnished off my tyrant. I have no TMCs left he still has 3 at this point.
He also charges his Horms squad and the winged tyrant into what is left of my horms in the combat.
I kill a few horms at higher init (he had the normal init 4 horms)
but the tyrant and the horms kill the rest.

My gargs utterly destroyed a 20 strong spinegaunt brood, I got to fire fleshborers as I got the charge, then I had those bioplasmas so he had no chance here, they where joined by a fex as it was on a far flank so could not get to any other combats. the 3 rending mutants killed the fex in 3 assualt turns, 3 wounds rended 1 normally.

My OOE gets his sorry ass back up only to be killed in the next assault phase before he can strike but he gets up yet again! (does nothing all game though)

He still has a winged tyrant with all wounds and a fex with 2 wounds left.

Now my 2nd horm brood charges his, they empty the kill zone with their 50 something attacks Smile causing 11 wounds but only getting rid of the max 6 horms in their kill zone.

Rippers charge tyrant. It kills 2 rippers but takes 3 wounds from the 16 rending attacks.
Gargoyles start making way to main combat.

On his turn the rest of his horms are wiped out by my horms, they never even get to attack! The tyrant is downed by the rippers with just normal attacks! he failed his 2+ save. (ok well he did have to make 3 of them)

Rest of my stuff goes for the last fex. Its all over. My TMCs did very little, except for one winged tyrant that could dodge everything! it did 2 wounds to 1 fex and 2 to a tyrant. the other 12 wounds I did mainly with my rippers with rending and gargs with rending.

What I forgot to mention was the main reason his TMCs where doing so little was because of all the lashwhips I had in there, all of them lost 1 attack in pretty much every combat! heck the CC fex had 4 attacks the turn he charged!
The VC fex went after gargoyles Smile and they killed him fast!

Was a decent game, no tmc can mess with my rippers! that is for sure!
I got a minor victory 13pts. as all I had left at the end was OOE, a horm brood, 3 biovores that are not scoring units and 6-7 rippers which also are not scoring units! But minor is better than nothing.

It also brought me into the number 2 spot in the tourny and I got to play against a really tough opponent the next game. (first game was massacre win)