News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Please help with my army collection idea.  (Read 498 times)

Offline Meroalsy

• I *Love* EldarOnline!
    • Coma White
Please help with my army collection idea.
« on: March 16, 2005, 03:47:31 AM »
Hi Guys and Gals.
I have something thgat i wanted to get everyones ideas on.

I currently have a Massive Eldar army - in excess of about 5000pts.   Im struggling painting it all..but getting there...slowly.

Anyway, soon i might have an opportunity to colect a few more bits and peices to make a small (1000pt) Chaos and Space Marines as well.  The idea i have is to create 2 small armies which are basically a mirror version of one another.  Basically, i was thinking about a Space Marine detachment which has fallen to chaos...a sort of ying yang - or before and after theme.

I WILL game with these armies, but the primary purpose of these armies is for conversion and painting...a sort of power armoured showcase.

THE PROBLEM:  Im not sure what to do - which chapters (can be any) and i have a few notes. 
I like Iron Warriors, buit as a veteran painter, i think painting an army of metalic dudes is "below my skills".
Im not sure of a good enough reason for a SM army to turn to chaos.
I dont beleive in "Chaos Undivided".
I favour Slannesh or Nurgle.
I was hoping to keep colour schemes mirrored as well....so the colour pallettes should be either more or less the same or inversed.
I wont be using post heracy SM technology so i can keep vehicles and whatever mirrored.
I was also hoping for asome viable fluff to accompany the armies - so they tell a story.
My commanders will be the same.  Dudes in power armour and twin lightening claws.

Any ideas appreciated.

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
Re: Please help with my army collection idea.
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2005, 03:56:21 AM »
Nice idea.
I would say that you could go with Space Wolves nad have them turn feral, and get lured to Slaanesh. You get to keep the theme of a mobile force (bikers, assaulttroops turned raptors and such) and backed up by tnaks and dreads, but in one corner you have the feral wolves (possibly even 13th company) and on the other the culled marines backed up by daemons.
They would look different too; gaudy pinks and blacks for the Chaos, sullen greys and reds for the wolves.

Just a thought.

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.

Offline Meroalsy

• I *Love* EldarOnline!
    • Coma White
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2005, 04:05:44 AM »
yeah nice ideas.
i DO love the Space Puppies as well....but wouldnt Space Puppies n Thousand Sons make more sense?

I also have a bit of a fetish for the Howling Griffins.  They always look smashing with thier reds and yellows.
An idea i was thinking about AGES ago was perhaps doing a Luna Wolves -> turn -> Sons of Horus deal.  A splinter group who didnt folllow Abaddon into the eye.  I was thinking as well as this i could use the carriot of the dead (undead coffin thingy from fantasy) and create a story that these horus dudes have the rest of Horus' remains. - they could be looking for the black library to reserect the TRUE warmaster.   This impliments my Eldar force into the mix as well.
Just an idea i had using modified space puppy models for a different pre-heresy army idea thingy

But there is NO reason at way i need to be a founding legion...secondary legions are fine 2.

A mate of mine suggested the Red Corsairs - since they are a recently turned legion....but i cant find any fluff on them - nor can i find examples of their armour colour schemes.

Offline Tom2005

• Half the fun is that I can't keep up...
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2005, 11:46:40 AM »
If you go with Khorne in your chaos, and blood angels in your Space Marines, you could keep the colour schemes almost the same. Good idea, by the way.
'Do you remember the forgotten America? Justice, equality, freedom to every race; just need to get past all the lies and hypocrasy' - Oxygen, Willy Mason.