News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: cost of warp travel  (Read 5221 times)

Offline Kage2020

• Knower of Things
  • Ancient
  • Mar a tha, mar a bha, mar a bhitheas vyth go bragh
Re: cost of warp travel
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2004, 05:24:32 PM »
I think you mean astropath, and yes they are rather fragile...
To be fair, if you take the limited and rather themed 'fluff' they do actually channel a substantial amount of warp energy.  This tends to... waste them.

but i've never heard of one dying because they had to transmit to far
Too far?  No, but as a product of continuous transmission that would be a reasonable inference from the 'fluff'.

an astropath has a limited range..
20 light years is the 'range' of an Astropath, though their maximum range.

Astropathic communication in the warp is I would assume a far riskier venture and not something I feel qualified to comment on.
A psyker working their 'magic' in the warp?  This comes from a game universe where humans put porthole covers since they are superstitious about what happens to them when they do look out.

Yes, that is the astronomicon, that is what navigators lock onto, though what do they do if they are going the other way and the astronomicon is behind them, how do they follow it then.
The Astronomican is a point of reference, just like a lighthouse beacon.  And about as limited, but people don't like to think about it.

With out doubt
Only long distance travel.  Short range travel would not necessarily increase the danger. 

I agree, and when you remember some ships date all the way back to the Horus heresy, there should be plenty of them knocking about.
And not only big ones, despite the fact that is the only type of ship that GW seems capable of drawing. ::) ;)

Kage