News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Necron Codex!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 7239 times)

XfarseerDrewX

Necron Codex!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: March 15, 2002, 02:38:49 PM »
I just saw the Necron codex (should be coming out soon) last night. They have the coolest models in 40k. Watch out for the Monolith(skimmer,amyone within 12" gets D6 shots, 14 ammor all around, and all sides have some crazy gun).There is more but I don't want to type that much. Plus their special characters are freakin crazy. I can't wait untill they come out with more models. I saw it with my own two eyes, so don't think i'm making it up.

Offline Asurmen_

Re:Necron Codex!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2002, 04:16:32 PM »
you forgot to mention that there basic troop is like 18 points each and min squad size is 10 which means you must spend at least 360 on troops and thats a bad comp score to get a good comp score you have to spend 720+

Offline Insidious Heresy

• General, Hero of Medusa V
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2002, 05:49:53 PM »
but you are forgeting to mention that Necrons Warriors have the chance to take out heavy vehicles ans plus they can get bak up when they die they are pretty much worth the 18pts... plus taking out 20 Warriors is friggin' tough.......
« Last Edit: March 15, 2002, 05:51:23 PM by Insidious Heresy »

Offline Saberpaw

• Consider the fleas...
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2002, 09:37:07 PM »
In a way, I can't wait to see them, the other part of me wants to hide NOW!!! :)

Offline Lord Malath

• Only those who fight will ever concour
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2002, 11:12:33 PM »
to necrons I will say what I said when everyone was freeking about tou.

you gotta play to the weekness.
remember, yo acr the necron, you only gotta kill 25% of them.
for a mobile army like DE are, and eldar can me, this should be easy as pie
just sommit 100% of your forse to killing 25% of his.
"it's one thing to hold the hammer in your hand. But do you have it in you? Can you drive the nail?"
-Rollins Band

Offline Jester

• The Mouthy One
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Life is a bet at horrible odds.
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2002, 07:12:41 AM »
Umm I think you mean 75% of his. he teleports out when only 25% are left...not when you kill 25% (i'm 99% sure)

and ya.. good luck killing the 75%.. with the T4 3+ save and oh look, they get back up.

well at least they don't have T5, that would be almost impossible to wipe out..

wait... immortals..

well thank god you can kill them in CC...

new unit wraiths.. supposed to have a 3+ Inv save as they "phase" through stuff. can go trhough terain, and have C'tan weapondry ..

well at least i'll get my Inv save!!
oh no.. wait... C'tan...

Well my assassins can take them out!!>
as long as they don't ahve C'tan weapondry. or the Necrons take them over somehow i hear..

Greeeeat.

Welcome to Warhammer 40k. The world of Escalating Prices, and Codexes. Please remain seated during take off, and if it should get too cheesy, the exits are here here and here unti v 4 comes out. ;= )

Offline Niran of Asha An

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2002, 04:04:34 PM »
sounds tough to beat but starcannons should do well against them... i hope.
THERE'LL BE NO BUTTER IN HELL!

XFraseerDrewX

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2002, 04:09:47 PM »
I forgot to mention the special Charaters. They have toughness 8,5 wounds,Strength 6 I think,2+ saves and a whole page of special abilites.Also Any necron model killed at the end of a turn can roll a 4+ to come back into the game.

Offline plasmamonger

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2002, 04:12:42 PM »
time to start autokilling with the brightlances, d-cannons and howling banshees.

Offline RedTwo

• Conversion Exarch
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2002, 04:38:26 PM »
If the army was too out of balance they wouldn't be releasing it.

That is not to say that there won't be some balance issues.  The guys they have had play testing couldn't have though of every possibility, but it can't be too far off either.

It's definitly WAY to early to run and hide or sell your Eldar to buy Necrons.  Let's wait and see what happens when these guys hit the table.  I'm sure it's just a matter of time before the weaknesses are found and this forum is filled with wonderfully devious anti-Necron tacktics.

As to the Monolith: 14 = 12.  I love bright lances  :-*
Over specialization builds in weakness.

Offline TheDudester

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2002, 06:35:37 PM »

If the army was too out of balance they wouldn't be releasing it.

That is not to say that there won't be some balance issues.  The guys they have had play testing couldn't have though of every possibility, but it can't be too far off either.

It's definitly WAY to early to run and hide or sell your Eldar to buy Necrons.  Let's wait and see what happens when these guys hit the table.  I'm sure it's just a matter of time before the weaknesses are found and this forum is filled with wonderfully devious anti-Necron tacktics.

As to the Monolith: 14 = 12.  I love bright lances  :-*

Unfortuantely, the Monolith has a living metal rule, which means no weapon gets its special abilites against it, so meltas are S8 1 dice pen, and brightlanes are just S8 I think.
Its only 235 points too, and harder than a land raider, i am SOOO gonna get the necrons!
And they have pariahs, whole units with phase weapons that ignore inv saves, good against the pesky seer council that pops up everywhere!

As far as weaknesses, They are horribly expensive and lack AP weapons is all I know, will have to wait and see the dex.
The Sleeper has awakened! I am the Prince of all Gayans once again!

Offline Addinarr

• First Venge Mod
  • Ancient
  • Fall for a moment
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2002, 07:02:48 PM »
Ack! That means the only ranged Eldar weapons that have a CHANCE of penetrating the damn thing are the Prism Cannon and D-Cannon!

Hmm....does that mean Venom cannon shots can penetrate?

When wrong, to be made right.
When right, to be kept right.

Offline TheDudester

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2002, 10:10:01 PM »
I doubt venom cannon shots will penetrate. It only moves 6" per turn for a skimmer though, it is immobilised like a normal vehicle (it floats to the ground).
The brightlance thing im not too sure about, i dunno exactly what living metal affects, but other people have said so.
I dunno, its gonna really screw some armies, a wraithlord in CC would do the trick.

Offline Puffin Magician

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2002, 10:21:27 PM »
I'm not too worried about the Lith... it's the only tank in the Necron arsenal.

And i'm glad it's this scary, killing a unit like this will be a moral defeat for your opponent  :D

First you crush their spirit... then you crush their army!

Death_on_demand

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2002, 12:21:22 AM »
I can take out necrons(i hope) with my nids. why is GW rereleasing the marines? T4 3+ come on we already have that race! ::)

Offline Poueblo

• cheese-tastic
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2002, 10:14:03 AM »
heheh, everyone was hyped up about tau, now there wanting necrons.  if you ask me, BL's and starcannons is what u need! when are they coming out in canada???
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline RedTwo

• Conversion Exarch
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2002, 11:35:27 AM »

Unfortuantely, the Monolith has a living metal rule, which means no weapon gets its special abilites against it, so meltas are S8 1 dice pen, and brightlanes are just S8 I think.
Its only 235 points too, and harder than a land raider, i am SOOO gonna get the necrons!
And they have pariahs, whole units with phase weapons that ignore inv saves, good against the pesky seer council that pops up everywhere!

As far as weaknesses, They are horribly expensive and lack AP weapons is all I know, will have to wait and see the dex.

Hmmmm... for GW wanting 3rd edition to stream line and simplify the game they seem to keep adding special cases that much things up.  At this rate maybe we'll have the 2nd edition Avatar back by the time the Eldar codex is revised (No, I don't think that's likely to happen either.)

As you pointed out, most of what we know is just from rumor mill.  Aside from a few insiders, we'll just have to wait for the book to come up before we know what Necrons are really capable of.
Over specialization builds in weakness.

Offline TheDudester

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2002, 12:08:34 PM »
Well lets wait and see what they do to the greater daemons, and that should give us an idea of what they are gonna do to the avatar. In 2nd he could take 3 GD's and it was very close between him and the thirster. He kinda sucks now.

Offline Warsmith Cobalt Thrax

• Iron Within, Iron Without.
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2002, 12:36:14 PM »
I am so getting Necrons for my next army.  That'll make three armies.  Eldar, Dark Angels, and Necrons.
Think you can beat me? Let's ride.
-Warsmith Cobalt Thrax

Offline Chaos_Cow

• 1337 K0\/\/!
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2002, 01:02:01 PM »
Are you taking Necrons to win, or because you think you'll have fun with them?

Think carefully.