News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Battlescribe and Codex  (Read 1989 times)

Offline TheGreatElder

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Battlescribe and Codex
« on: November 5, 2019, 09:40:42 AM »
hi guys,

I downloaded Battlescribe app for my lists in Warhammer 40k on my smartphone. What i noticed is that the costs of the units are different from the codex I have.

Lets do some examples.

In my codex (8th edition) of necron, immortals with tesla carbine cost x (the immortal model) + x (tesla carbine) = x points per model. on Battlescribe the model cost x points.

Same for the monolith: 320 on the battlescribe and 381 on my codex.

On Battlescribe i am using as repository: Warhammer 40,000 V1.3.26 of 23/10/2019.

So, where is the source of the NEW costs used in Battlescribe? In a official torunament, I have to use my codex or the data of Battlescribe?

I noticed ther same thing on a site link removed. Costs are different, seems the same used by battlescribe, and sometimes even some model stata differ.

So, is battlescribe ok? And if yes, where Battlescribe get the new costs and data?

Thanks u guys.

Please do not post individual points costs for models (unit totals are okay) or links to websites which are in breach of GW's copyright policy.  For further details, please refer to forum rule 1 - Iris.
« Last Edit: November 5, 2019, 04:19:04 PM by Irisado »

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
Re: Battlescribe and Codex
« Reply #1 on: November 5, 2019, 12:54:45 PM »
Battlescribe, is not an official app, so always check your book before relying on it.

For points,  there is a yearly points update in chapter approved,  which might have affected some of the units you noticed differences with.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Partninja

• Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #2 on: November 5, 2019, 03:03:48 PM »
As stated battlescribe is not an official GW app and isn't always updated right away.

In this instance it seems you are missing the points changes from chapter approved last year. You'll want to get these and reference all FAQ and Erratta for updates rules and points. Battlescribe is probably updated with the correct costs

Never use anything unofficial to GW for tournies.

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #3 on: November 5, 2019, 04:04:41 PM »
Points changes are done in chapter approved, or via a codex supplement, random campaign supplement (Psychic Awakening), or a codex re-release. Welcome to the new Dynamic GW, insert $20 to continue...

Battlescribe although not official, is maintained by the fan base, so it usually has updates within a few days of something new being released.