News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Killersquid's Projects  (Read 73687 times)

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
Killersquid's Projects
« on: February 28, 2015, 04:17:51 PM »
I've been working on a harlequin army myself (slowly). I like them right now mostly as they are really enjoyable to paint, so I'm not rushing through them. I don't expect to be finished building and painting the army for a while yet.

I have currently, a solitare, four sky weavers, twelve troupes and a void bringer. So, I only need one more troupe to start playing. That's Not too bad. I've been burning through season 9 of supernatural while painting these suckers, which has been fun too.

Here are some pictures and I'll update when I get more done. I'm not going to add squad markings, until I've finished more models (table top ready first, then transfers and details).

I followed the guides for painting the Masque of Midnight Sorrow. I like the contrast between the bright details and the dark suits. A bit sloppy in parts (I suck at painting yellow and white bits), but I am overall happy with them.

« Last Edit: July 7, 2018, 10:27:53 AM by Killersquid »
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: Killersquids Harlequins.
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 04:58:19 PM »
Nice. I am always impressed when someone paints the chequered effect and I think your bases are brilliant.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 05:22:41 PM by Alienscar »
Quote from: Starrakatt
"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"
Quote from: Cavalier
Honestly Alienscar, we get it... you dont like painting!

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2015, 05:19:15 PM »
Fantastic paint work Killersquid :).  I particularly like the intricate check patterns and colours, as well as the flashes of yellow.

I'm glad to see that you've shifted away from those Blood Angels ;).  Also, it's great to see you back :).
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2015, 05:28:20 PM »
Yeah... The new codex for blood angels sort of killed my army and I've not been very motivated to paint tactical squads. I think this is going to become my primary army from now on (once it's done), for better or for worse.

I have been having trouble getting onto here for a while. I'll try to post more often. Bringing hobby back. Next time I go to England, you'll have my harlequins to beat up, instead of space marines ha ha.

The bases are easy. I bought this set from gale force nine I think? Anyway, it's sand which I painted black, then brown and then flesh toned as a highlight. Then small patches of static grass and smaller patches of this grass clump. Takes no time at all.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • From the Fourth Necromantic House
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2015, 05:38:47 PM »
Some quite magnificent work there KS.

Next time I go to England, you'll have my harlequins to beat up, instead of space marines ha ha.

A reminder that Irisado is contractually obligated to lose all 40K/FB games against other members of 40KO.

Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2015, 05:48:25 PM »
As I said on FB, looks great!  Look forward to seeing them in person at Warmaster in September
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline chaplainmikey

« Reply #6 on: March 1, 2015, 07:44:58 AM »
Really impressive work, those diamond patterns look spot on.

Offline Calamity

• Concussor Concussed Dice | Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Cocking up miniatures since 1998
  • Armies: Kharadron Overlords, Bloodbound, Celestial Lions
« Reply #7 on: March 1, 2015, 11:04:40 AM »
Excellently painted models there Killersquid.  I'm particularly impressed by the checkered effects. :)

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #8 on: March 5, 2015, 03:25:09 AM »
I need you to do me a favor. Get a hammer, place your painting fingers on the table and then whack 'em! Just kidding, amazing work. I'm jealous because I haven't been able to get the bikes yet. Nice work and can't wait to see more.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

• Ancient
« Reply #9 on: March 5, 2015, 12:15:05 PM »
I need you to do me a favor. Get a hammer, place your painting fingers on the table and then whack 'em! Just kidding, amazing work. I'm jealous because I haven't been able to get the bikes yet. Nice work and can't wait to see more.

Thanks?

Some quite magnificent work there KS.

Next time I go to England, you'll have my harlequins to beat up, instead of space marines ha ha.

A reminder that Irisado is contractually obligated to lose all 40K/FB games against other members of 40KO.

Hmm, I wish I knew that a few years ago...

I'm on vacation right now, so I'll continue with progress when I get back (I didn't bring my mini's with me).

Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #10 on: March 5, 2015, 05:31:21 PM »
Haha, yes it is a huge compliment. Keep it coming.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #11 on: March 5, 2015, 06:32:40 PM »

That no longer applies, now that I've stopped playing :P.

I'm on vacation right now, so I'll continue with progress when I get back (I didn't bring my mini's with me).

I'm looking forward to it.  I also neglected to mention how well you've posed the models.  They look great.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

• Ancient
« Reply #12 on: March 9, 2015, 09:35:55 PM »
I'm back from vacation and finished one more bike. It'll soon be time to buy more models ha ha.

Here is my collection so far (I have a shelf just for them)

And here is my desk

Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline Calamity

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #13 on: March 9, 2015, 09:42:26 PM »
Nice workstation, and nice models!  :)

• Ancient
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2015, 03:25:01 PM »
Nice workstation, and nice models!  :)

Thank you!

Almost finished all my bikes!

I have to still buy at least one more troupe before I can have a legal army.

Also, I have ordered some neat custom dice from Cheesex to match my army.

I moved my TV out of my room, so I have a new shelf to store my harlequin stuff. Like my Troupe Master edition of the codex.

I am so excited about this army, I want to do it right ha ha.

:)
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline Calamity

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2015, 06:42:20 PM »
My god those are impressive.  Well done!  Seriously, that this a very impressive checkered pattern you created for those jet bikes, which as anyone knows is pretty hard to achieve right.  :)

Offline Grizzlykin

• Run little eldar, run! ... And KILL THEM ALL !
  • Armies: Eldars, Tau, Necrons
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2015, 06:53:45 PM »
Man those bikes are gorgeous!  The custom dice, awesome... i have no idea what do say more ... too stunned for that. Beatifull painting nice work on the hard to handle checker patern.

I'm really looking forward to your next update, to see how this goes :D
The Grizzly's Arvandor Craftworld!

ALL HAIL THE TORNADO! The legend is REBORN.

Quote from: Alienscar
The forum member so nice that even when he is MIA he still gets two votes for being the nicest member

Offline Calamity

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2015, 06:58:42 PM »
I didn't realize those were custom dice!  Those are awesome, and I really need to read threads closer in future.  ;)

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2015, 11:20:10 AM »
I agree with Grizzly it's difficult to put into words how good your work is. Its not just how well you have achieved the harlequin pattern its how the overall look of your painting is so effective. Is that a decal on the bikes cowl?
Quote from: Starrakatt
"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"
Honestly Alienscar, we get it... you dont like painting!

• Ancient
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2015, 02:24:37 PM »
Thanks everyone!

My progress is really slow, but I'll keep you folks up to date and when I eventually get a game in with them too. I'm not going to play with them until I finish painting the whole army though I think, I'm also going to paint everything I have until I buy more. I need to spend a lot of money on my car soon, so that shouldn't be a problem :P

The symbol on the jetbike is a transfer, I like to use them to save time. The box's come with so many, I might as well use some of them. :)
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria