News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Killersquid's Projects  (Read 73702 times)

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
Re: Killersquid's Projects
« Reply #360 on: October 17, 2020, 10:34:40 PM »
Holy @%$*#! Your harli's look freakin' amazing. So you just sit around and think, hmm, what can I do to make everyone look like amatuers? You accomplished that. They are the top shelf for sure.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #361 on: October 18, 2020, 05:17:03 PM »
The Harlies look great, its a really nice colour scheme and I'm a sucker for an army wide shot :)

Space puppies look great too even if there is a traitor Eldar in the mix ;)

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #362 on: October 19, 2020, 09:23:30 AM »
Man I love the colour scheme of your Harlies and it is the complete opposite of your previously darker scheme. I take it that you had to strip the old colours off first rather than you just paint over it.

Does the rosette on the front of the display mean that your Harlies won something for you.

Everything you have shown us fantastic, but my favourite bit is the base of the Yncarne.

Also, painted up a Leman Russ my clubmates bought me as an engagement gift.

Congratulations on your engagement.

Quote from: Starrakatt
"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"
Quote from: Cavalier
Honestly Alienscar, we get it... you dont like painting!

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #363 on: October 19, 2020, 01:49:53 PM »
Excellent work, Killersquid! It does this heart good to see the Aeldari so ascendant in your work and thread! What's next on the paint list for you? :) Love the Harlequins by the way, shows you don't need to pull off the checker pattern to really make them work :).

I did a bit of a checker on them, mostly so I would need to pull my hair out a bit while working on them! My goal is to finished my painting list (half of indomitus, a bunch of space wolves, 60 clan-rats), and then build a small Ynnari detachment of craftworlds and Drukhari to run alongside the harlequins. Already bought a set of Incuibi and Banshees to start.

Thank you!

Holy @%$*#! Your harli's look freakin' amazing. So you just sit around and think, hmm, what can I do to make everyone look like amatuers? You accomplished that. They are the top shelf for sure.

lol, it's not that way. Most of it is just contrast paint and highlights. I made sure to make it something I could prunch through quickly.

The Harlies look great, its a really nice colour scheme and I'm a sucker for an army wide shot :)

Space puppies look great too even if there is a traitor Eldar in the mix ;)

Thanks! The demonfuige duo are just too cool, I needed to paint them. Don't expect they'll ever get on the table though!

Man I love the colour scheme of your Harlies and it is the complete opposite of your previously darker scheme. I take it that you had to strip the old colours off first rather than you just paint over it.

Does the rosette on the front of the display mean that your Harlies won something for you.

Everything you have shown us fantastic, but my favourite bit is the base of the Yncarne.

Also, painted up a Leman Russ my clubmates bought me as an engagement gift.

Congratulations on your engagement.

Yeah, I spent a lot of time soaking them in simple green and re-building them. Gave me a good opportunity to replace broken parts and make the whole army look cohesive, instead of an army painted slightly differently over the course of the past 4/5 years.

I really like having a bright scheme, and wanted to do most of it with contrast paint (which leads to brighter looking armies!)

The little thing on the board, is just a trinket I picked up at a tournament years ago, doesn't mean anything though!

The basing is pretty easy. Most of it is done with a moss kit I picked up from the arts and crafts section at Walmart, and water effects and grass from a scenic kit at Michael's.

Thanks for the kind words about the engagement. Once she agreed for me to get a second display cabinet, I knew she was worth keeping :D
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
« Reply #364 on: March 10, 2021, 09:22:55 AM »
Hi folks, took some decent pictures of some of my Harlequins with a real camera and wanted to share.

Thanks for Looking.

Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Sir_Godspeed

• Lazerous Penguin
  • "Bees. My God" was an obscure Batman quote.
« Reply #365 on: March 10, 2021, 01:12:18 PM »
Nice!

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #366 on: March 10, 2021, 01:22:32 PM »
I think you've done a wonderful job of painting likely the most difficult-to-paint army in the entire GW range, LoWaW!

Love that you highlighted even the checker patterns!

Also the Ynnari HQ's look extremely good!
JohnMaloneBooks website - Blog #3 - From Novella to Novel

- 5/5 Reader's Favorite Review!

A Sanctum of Swords: Embers Edition is coming soon w/ audiobook!

Offline Dread

• Warlock
« Reply #367 on: March 10, 2021, 01:23:53 PM »
Nice! I really like your shadowseer conversion. I used her for one of mine too.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #368 on: March 10, 2021, 04:07:34 PM »
they look great, well done. The checker pattern instead of diamonds is a nice touch.

• Ancient
« Reply #369 on: March 10, 2021, 06:48:33 PM »
Nice!

Thanks!

I think you've done a wonderful job of painting likely the most difficult-to-paint army in the entire GW range, LoWaW!

Love that you highlighted even the checker patterns!

Also the Ynnari HQ's look extremely good!

Thanks! The highlighting killed me a bit, as it's so tedious, but I'm glad it payed off!

Nice! I really like your shadowseer conversion. I used her for one of mine too.

It's a great model! I couldn't help myself when I saw one on the shelf at my local Warhammer shop.

they look great, well done. The checker pattern instead of diamonds is a nice touch.

Thanks!
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

• Ancient
« Reply #370 on: September 29, 2021, 09:58:32 AM »
Had one of my first 9th Edition games with my Harlequins against my buddy's Necrons. Ran my Masque of the Leering Moon, as Soaring Spite, which I really enjoyed.

It was a really close game, and my opponent had some phenomenal Reanimation Rolls (he never failed to bring a dead character back to life, which was...tilting lol). But, I was able to use my tricks and won 72VP-67P.

I was able to use my speed and aggression to hold him in his back of the table. Using my debuffs and buffs, I was able to tie up his 15 wraiths for a while. I do tend to have a lot of attacks, but not a lot of damage, it was hard to chew through all those wounds.

Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline Dread

• Warlock
« Reply #371 on: September 30, 2021, 09:47:56 PM »
Great table! Great models! Fun was had so thats the whole point. 8)

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #372 on: October 3, 2021, 04:56:56 AM »
Looks like you had fun can't wait to roll some dice again :)

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #373 on: October 3, 2021, 11:20:56 AM »
Man, both of those armies look sweet  :)!

I love how you did the Harlequins! I'm kind of getting inspired by painters who are using less of the checker patterns and more solid, vibrant colors!
JohnMaloneBooks website - Blog #3 - From Novella to Novel

- 5/5 Reader's Favorite Review!

A Sanctum of Swords: Embers Edition is coming soon w/ audiobook!

• Ancient
« Reply #374 on: October 7, 2021, 06:34:32 AM »
Thanks Folks!

Man, both of those armies look sweet  :)!

I love how you did the Harlequins! I'm kind of getting inspired by painters who are using less of the checker patterns and more solid, vibrant colors!

Thanks man, I do have checkers on them, but it's not the whole model (more oposite arms and legs), but it's the same colours as the rest of the model, so not as easy to see. You can see more pictures of the models as closeups in previous posts in this thread.

Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria