News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Tell Me Your Fluff!  (Read 2087 times)

Offline Wyldhunt

Tell Me Your Fluff!
« on: November 6, 2014, 06:19:32 PM »
Not sure if this is the right section for it, but I want to hear about your army!  Have an existing faction?  Tell me about the named characters or battles that give your force their own personality.  Have your own craftworld, chapter, etc?  Tell me their history, modus operandi, and aspirations! 

Offline Wyddr

• Author Eminence: Hereticus Liber Daemonica | Fio'shas Shi
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • My blog about SF/F stuff
  • Armies: Daemons, Imperial Fists, Tau, Ksons, Vostroyans
Re: Tell Me Your Fluff!
« Reply #1 on: November 6, 2014, 08:07:35 PM »
All my armies have some degree of fluff surrounding them. My two favorites are as follows:

Bork'an Rapid Response Cadre
Faction: Tau Empire
Commander: Shas'o Koshra Vaers
The Story: O'Koshra is a Tau that dreams (which I've decided is an anomaly for the Tau, given their poor warp signature). His commanders think he may be insane, so they have him visit a Gue'vesa'la who happens to be a psychologist (of which there are few in the Tau Empire). His battles are often reflections of his dreams and, sometimes, him reliving trauma from his past. The Ethereals are keeping a close eye on him, in case he snaps.

The truth is that he is being manipulated by the Eldar. They have a grand destiny for him, he just doesn't know it yet.

The Bloody Host of Hrothmog the Rapacious
Faction: Chaos Daemons
Commander: Hrothmog the Rapacious, Bloodthirster of Khorne
The Story: Hrothmog has conquered a subsector of Imperial Space through a warp rift and slain virtually all its inhabitants. Now, bereft of worthy foes, he grows bored, bellowing his challenges deep into the Warp, waiting for someone worthy to challenge him. Most of the time he spends brooding in his great hall, listening to the empty oaths and pointless bravado of his thanes, and occasionally prods the cage of bone in which he keeps the Herald of Tzeentch, Ka'thmagoras, who whispers lies in his ears, seeking to somehow secure his freedom.

I've got others, too. These are the most interesting, I think. 

Offline Wyldhunt

« Reply #2 on: November 7, 2014, 01:46:47 PM »
Nice, Wyddr!  I like the liberties you took with the Tau fluff, and I find it interesting that a different faction is sort of orchestrating his success.  I imagine battle reports about him would be interesting to read with the emphasis on a mysterious third party watching over their pawn.

Your daemon fluff is very evocative and quite appropriate for how I tend to think of daemons.  Less constant random shoggothyness, more established realm with its own stories going on.  You should post more battle reports so I can see these factions in action!

Offline Wyddr

• Author Eminence: Hereticus Liber Daemonica | Fio'shas Shi
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • My blog about SF/F stuff
  • Armies: Daemons, Imperial Fists, Tau, Ksons, Vostroyans
« Reply #3 on: November 7, 2014, 01:52:35 PM »
Nice, Wyddr!  I like the liberties you took with the Tau fluff, and I find it interesting that a different faction is sort of orchestrating his success.  I imagine battle reports about him would be interesting to read with the emphasis on a mysterious third party watching over their pawn.

Your daemon fluff is very evocative and quite appropriate for how I tend to think of daemons.  Less constant random shoggothyness, more established realm with its own stories going on.  You should post more battle reports so I can see these factions in action!

Thanks!

Do a search in the Bat Rep forum for my name and a lot will come up. I also play Ksons and Imperial Fists, but the fluff there is pretty standard (Ahriman being ancient and mysterious, the Fists being hard and gritty, etc.). I had an old Daemon List with two Daemon Princes I interpreted as being two Word Bearer marines who went *deep* into the Eye of Terror and came out as worshippers of some Tzeentchian fire daemon. Those reports are in there, too, but way back in 5th Edition.