News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Inquisition insignia gold pendant  (Read 2692 times)

Offline gemolin

• Newest
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Inquisition insignia gold pendant
« on: October 23, 2014, 06:58:55 AM »
Hello everyone, i'm new to this place, i'm a Wh40k fan and i'm also a jeweler. A thing bothered me for a long time, The Warhammer universe is very rich on stories, symbols, designs and other art that is really cool. I went on-line and searched for any kinds of jewelry based on the WH universe, and surprisingly i didn't find anything worth mentioning, so i decided that this injustice needs to be fixed and in a weeks time i made my very first Wh40k pendant.

Please leave comments, i'm very interested in what you think about it!

http://www.40konline.com/MGalleryItem.php?id=4833
http://www.40konline.com/MGalleryItem.php?id=4834

Post Merge: October 23, 2014, 07:04:32 AM
In the future, please use the modify button. Double posting is against the forum rules, and for that reason, the system merged your posts.

You can find it on Ebay by the way  :P
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 07:04:39 AM by gemolin »

Offline GreaterGoodIreland

• When in doubt, railguns.
  • Armies: Tau, Grey Knights
Re: Inquisition insignia gold pendant
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 08:33:57 PM »
Damn, how much.

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 11:02:27 PM »
This is a very thing line that you are walking my friend.  While the quality of work on the pendent is very good, GW is usually not fans of other people making money on their iconography.  You may wish to contact GW Legal to find out if they would have any issue with you producing these and selling them.
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline gemolin

• Newest
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2014, 01:35:51 AM »
Yes i do understand that it's a thin line, but since i was not sure it would sell and in fact if it wont, i'l keep it to myself, i decided to just close my eyes on the legal stuff and remove it from ebay if GW asks. This is more like a hobby project to see if there is any demand for this kind of jewelery. Maybe i'l make something else in the future again, i like doing these kind of things :) If you have any ideas feel free to tell me, i considered doing an aquila sometime in the future, but it's very easy.

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2014, 07:35:33 PM »
Does GW own the rights to the letter I? :P

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2014, 07:33:26 AM »
No, but I am sure they have copyright on the stylized Inquisitorial =][=.  That clearly is not just a letter and is a symbol representing one of their factions.
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

« Reply #7 on: November 1, 2014, 11:45:21 PM »
They have the copyright to the specific design I'm sure. Similar but different designs on the other hand, no.

Unless our friend here sells them under a name that breached GW copyrights or literally copy & pasted the design from some existing product into jewellery, it would be fine. Having a crossbar and skull on the letter I probably isn't specific enough for a copyright claim, and the design could be changed quite easily while retaining the general look even if it is.